2017 Forward Midpricers

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
This seems the biggest trap area I think this season with the loss of stalwart Forwards along with a plethora of injury discounted & breakout contenders.

Highest on my list:

Roughead & Bennell in the injury discounted pile

Hrovat, Knight in the under-priced pile.

Heeney, D Smith, D Menzel, Caddy* in the "take the next step" category.

*not under 450K midprice barrier.

Reactions: tiltraise

Nofunatall

May 14, 2015
This seems the biggest trap area I think this season with the loss of stalwart Forwards along with a plethora of injury discounted & breakout contenders.

Highest on my list:

Roughead & Bennell in the injury discounted pile

Hrovat, Knight in the under-priced pile.

Heeney, D Smith, D Menzel, Caddy* in the "take the next step" category.

*not under 450K midprice barrier.

Agreed on all of the above, however Bennell has an injury cloud and I'm not sure when we are going to see him this year. If hes somehow named round 1, he's a lock for me, otherwise he could be a good downgrade target around the byes.

How do you feel about Ryder? I see him as good ruck cover and the potential to be F6 come seasons end. If he puts in a good showing at the JLT he's likely to start for me.

Are Miller, Wingard or Ellis-Yolmen on the radar at all? Once again with a good showing at the JLT any one of them could find themselves at F4/5 for me.

Reactions: tiltraise

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Agreed on all of the above, however Bennell has an injury cloud and I'm not sure when we are going to see him this year. If hes somehow named round 1, he's a lock for me, otherwise he could be a good downgrade target around the byes.

How do you feel about Ryder? I see him as good ruck cover and the potential to be F6 come seasons end. If he puts in a good showing at the JLT he's likely to start for me.

Are Miller, Wingard or Ellis-Yolmen on the radar at all? Once again with a good showing at the JLT any one of them could find themselves at F4/5 for me.

Yolmen will be the one out of that lot to watch imo, he'll be the one given the minutes in the middle left from Thompsons reduced numbers.

Reactions: TomCat

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yolmen will be the one out of that lot to watch imo, he'll be the one given the minutes in the middle left from Thompsons reduced numbers.

Personally just not quite convinced that Yolman is good enough but yeah does look like he'll get his chance.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

Too many mids at the GC now for Touk to be a keeper I don't think, will watch Chad see where he's playing pre-season & just how Port look, Yolman I worry about his general ability but yeah another wait and see, if I'm going to pick a Midpricer I really want him to have a chance of being a keeper (top10FWD)

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I think he's been mentioned in another thread but Shaun Higgins has me slightly interested at $426K. Reports are he his looking fit this preseason and departures from North could see an increased role for him. My worry is that North might be in for a pretty tough year and if Higgins sits forward of centre he might not see enough ball.

Reactions: Tevez17

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
I think he's been mentioned in another thread but Shaun Higgins has me slightly interested at $426K. Reports are he his looking fit this preseason and departures from North could see an increased role for him. My worry is that North might be in for a pretty tough year and if Higgins sits forward of centre he might not see enough ball.

I suspect Higgins will increase his mid % game time slightly this season.

The absence of Wells, NDS + Boomer opens up some Mid minutes however I expect most will be filled via some combination of Dumont, Jacobs, Clarke and Thomas (who has been training with mids this season).

Reactions: cactus

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
It could be mid price madness in the fwd line this year. Caddy, Roughy, Bennell. All are locked in my team if named rd1.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I hear that Roughy looked good in the first Intraclub.

Great for him and for Hawks fans obviously ... but if keeps going well he is going to severely test my resolve not to start too many midpricers.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Will be good to get a look at Billings tonight, Caddy and Wingard over the weekend.

Billings looked good but still not convinced he can finish top 10 fwd which would be the only way I could pick him at that price. Wingard looked ordinary with his DE way down. Too flakey for mine. Looking forward to watching Caddy though.

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Yolmen doesn't make my watch list. Hasn't shown enough when provided opportunities in the past for mine. Potential to average 85-90+ but could just as easily play 2s for portions of the year. Hampton, Smith and Laird are likely to play mid at times this year as well.

Of Miller, Wingard or Ellis-Yolmen, I see Wingard as the most attractive option, given reports he'll play more midfield minutes this year. I won't be selecting unless he really tears it up in the preseason, but one to watch.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Of Miller, Wingard or Ellis-Yolmen, I see Wingard as the most attractive option, given reports he'll play more midfield minutes this year. I won't be selecting unless he really tears it up in the preseason, but one to watch.
I didn't watch a heap of last night but the bits I did watch Chad looked a bit uninspiring ... the again he scored About SC100 while looking uninspiring so that is probably not too bad a sign.

Reactions: Ramjets

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yolmen doesn't make my watch list. Hasn't shown enough when provided opportunities in the past for mine. Potential to average 85-90+ but could just as easily play 2s for portions of the year. Hampton, Smith and Laird are likely to play mid at times this year as well.

I didn't see the game but looks like CEY was very disappointing tonight.
Wigg? Anyone know much about him, is he rookie listed that needs elevation?