Round 13 trades

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
do you think Hall is worth keeping? I am getting rid of him as i dont see him averaging a decent score and being a top 6 fwd for the rest of the year.

Trade him straight away? Who to? It feels a bit sideways at this stage. It may be an option if that's the only trade I can do to avoid a donut.

Hewitt > Austin seems a reasonable option.
Except Austin is DEF eligible only.

Having a look the other options appear to be: Kade Stewart (m), Jarred Jansen (m), James Rose(f), Will Hams(f), Tom Phillips (m/f)(week early).

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Trade him straight away? Who to? It feels a bit sideways at this stage. It may be an option if that's the only trade I can do to avoid a donut.

Except Austin is DEF eligible only.

Having a look the other options appear to be: Kade Stewart (m), Jarred Jansen (m), James Rose(f), Will Hams(f), Tom Phillips (m/f)(week early).

You swing Menapaws to MID + Adams to FWD which leaves an open slot in DEF that Austin then fills.

Reactions: Gawn Armi Witts

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
16 trades left - 55k.
What advice can you give me for trades this week please? I also have Nic Nat.
Def: Shaw, Rich, Bartel, S Collins, Adams, O McDonald (Seedsman, D Tucker)
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Oliver, Hannebury, Libba, Rockliff, Petracca (Ablett, Smith, Hewett)
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Zorko, Hall, Tippa Wells, Barlow, (Montagna, Kerridge)

I have highlighted the players out this week and shifted to bench status.

I'd concentrate on finding a NicNat replacement otherwise others seem keen on trading out AMT and Smith this week so do a standard 1up/1down with those.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
16 trades left - 55k.
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Oliver, Hannebury, Libba, Rockliff, Petracca (Ablett, Smith, Hewett)

Downgrade Smith, Oliver & Seedsman. Hoarde the cash and go mental next week.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
What about Nat to Goldie and who would you downgrade to?

NN > Goldy is the obvious trade although he comes with his own injury concerns.

You could consider

Smith > Austin
Hewett > Hickey

This allows you both potential long term Ruck cover + allows you to see how Goldy niggles pan out whilst moving 2 round 13 M/Fs to you MF bench this week.

EDIT Ok scratch that idea Hickey is bye 13 also.

EDIT x 2 :eek: Perhaps

Smith > Austin
Hewett > Trengrove

Plus switch Petracca FWD and bench a 13 M/F

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
at them moment im looking at nicnat, kerridge and smith to gawn austin and trengove lol
a little different but same people in will leave me with 550k for next weeks upgrades
it gives me the option of going Adams, DBJ and Lloyd to Pendlebury, Docherty and Dusty and gives me 18 playing for R14 and leaves me with 10 trades and a line up of:

Shaw, Boyd, Rich, Docherty, Simpson, McGovern (Austin, Collins)
Dangerfield, Hunter, Liberatore, Pendlebury, Gray, Rockliff, Ablett, Hopper (Keays, MacPherson, Trengove)
Gawn, Goldstein, Grimley
Montagna, Franklin, Wells, Barlow, Martin, Kerridge (Hall, Petracca)

Hopefully Philips plays his 3rd game in R15 and i can move Hall to my mids and Philips to my fwd line

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
16 trades left - 55k.

NicNat to Goldy is the obvious one but Goldy may miss. You have 19 playing with Tucker on the bench for R13.

Whats you R14 team look like?

Options
Smith to Trengove
Walla to Austin (move Adams fwd)

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
it gives me the option of going Adams, DBJ and Lloyd to Pendlebury, Docherty and Dusty and gives me 18 playing for R14 and leaves me with 10 trades and a line up of:

Shaw, Boyd, Rich, Docherty, Simpson, McGovern (Austin, Collins)
Dangerfield, Hunter, Liberatore, Pendlebury, Gray, Rockliff, Ablett, Hopper (Keays, MacPherson, Trengove)
Gawn, Goldstein, Grimley
Montagna, Franklin, Wells, Barlow, Martin, Kerridge (Hall, Petracca)

Hopefully Philips plays his 3rd game in R15 and i can move Hall to my mids and Philips to my fwd line
Is that Hall move with the intention of upgrading him to an uber elite mid? Just be careful you don't lose your DPP.

Reactions: tabs

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I have 21 starters this week... I'm thinking I might get on Pendles this week (Hewett out) to allow me a lot more flexibility next week. Crazy talk or does it make sense?

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Is that Hall move with the intention of upgrading him to an uber elite mid? Just be careful you don't lose your DPP.
Ideally Hall stays on the bench for the mids and can be moved forward if required. Keays and Hopper arent making the cash i hope they would but i can move Philips in to the mids for Keays or Hopper to keep the DPP as well.

The big plan is to have Kerridge and Hall on the bench as a mid and fwd, so still need to upgrade a fwd and mid, but their scores will do for the time being

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Ideally Hall stays on the bench for the mids and can be moved forward if required. Keays and Hopper arent making the cash i hope they would but i can move Philips in to the mids for Keays or Hopper to keep the DPP as well.

The big plan is to have Kerridge and Hall on the bench as a mid and fwd, so still need to upgrade a fwd and mid, but their scores will do for the time being

Similar here. I'll be loopholing petracca, wells and Hall for f6/m8 as much as I can.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
do you think Hall is worth keeping? I am getting rid of him as i dont see him averaging a decent score and being a top 6 fwd for the rest of the year.
Im going to hold him, he killed it in the NEAFL.... I know its just the NEAFL but Eade seemed happy with him doing all the things that were asked of him. He got 30 touches and 8 tackles.