Round 12 Trades

Peter

Mar 10, 2016
What do people think of Gaz after his comeback last week? I could finish my mids with him and Rocky this week but a bit worried about them having 2 good shoulders between them.

I am not looking at either yet due to the injuries concern. I would bring either in as an injury replacement in the last 6 weeks though, just feel there are stronger more consistent options.

Also, teams that are not making finals are more likely to take a more cautions approach with players over the latter stages of the season.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Lost patience with Sandi in comes Martin, WHE out for Macrae.
Gives me 22 with Mid and back emergency for R12 and the follow 18 for R13
S. Docherty, Z. Jones, N. Newman, J. Harbrow, J. Berry
D. Beams, J. Barrett, P. Dangerfield, S. Selwood, Z. Fisher
S. Martin, J. Witts
J. Macrae, L. Dahlhaus, L. Franklin, J. Steele, T. Nankervis, E. Yeo

Last trade will either be Lloyd, Myers, Fisher or Barrett to Cousins.
If i trade out Fisher or Barrett, then 17 for R13

Will wait for teams to be announced

Archie Smith played last game with Lions. Pretty competitive they were too right up to 3/4 time. Martin scored 62.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Stupid me and being a saints support someone talk me out of koby Stevens lol

Reactions: tabs

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Archie Smith played last game with Lions. Pretty competitive they were too right up to 3/4 time. Martin scored 62.
Yeah well aware of what Archie does to Martin's scores. Hoping Archie doesnt play this week.

Other option is to trade Sandi move Nank and get Heeney and that gives me a fwd line of J. Macrae, L. Dahlhaus, L. Franklin, J. Steele, E. Yeo, Heeney, Greenwood, Taranto

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Yeah well aware of what Archie does to Martin's scores. Hoping Archie doesnt play this week.

Other option is to trade Sandi move Nank and get Heeney and that gives me a fwd line of J. Macrae, L. Dahlhaus, L. Franklin, J. Steele, E. Yeo, Heeney, Greenwood, Taranto

You realise that Sandi has a higher average than Steele??

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Funny how one little podcast can change your entire outlook. I've gone from not trading at all this week to completely changing my next 5 weeks pre-planning.

Was trying to work out how I'll get Rocky in before he skyrockets but thought I might have to give him a miss. Ross Lyon has helped.

Myers to Cousins
Otten to Scharenberg
Sandi to Rockliff via Nank and Greenwood

Gives me bank to get Lynch next week (BE isn't tiny so should be fine), Adams in round 14 and swinging Nank back forward for Maxy when he bottoms out. Finalises my side by round 15 but only leaves 5 trades for injuries, with plenty of DPP flexibility.

Reactions: Rob86

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Funny how one little podcast can change your entire outlook. I've gone from not trading at all this week to completely changing my next 5 weeks pre-planning.

Was trying to work out how I'll get Rocky in before he skyrockets but thought I might have to give him a miss. Ross Lyon has helped.

Myers to Cousins
Otten to Scharenberg
Sandi to Rockliff via Nank and Greenwood

Gives me bank to get Lynch next week (BE isn't tiny so should be fine), Adams in round 14 and swinging Nank back forward for Maxy when he bottoms out. Finalises my side by round 15 but only leaves 5 trades for injuries, with plenty of DPP flexibility.

Why is everyone so bullish on Cousins?

Callum Brown looks a better prospect on paper.

Reactions: cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Why is everyone so bullish on Cousins?

Callum Brown looks a better prospect on paper.
Brown is in my planning for a few weeks time (Fisher to Brown looks like being my last rookie trade). I'm not bullish on Cousins at all. Other than my R3 spot, long term I plan on Cousins being my only other bench player who is fringe best 22 or not playing. Hawks will play the kids a lot from here on.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
He's worth a think isn't he ... I haven't looked at the actual figures but he he'd have a pretty height handball to kick ratio wouldn't he. Certainly doesn't look the worst pick. I'm now considering:

Wallis
Koby
Lynch

They all one or two reasons not to pick them. Trying to work out which one is the least bad.

Reactions: Brad

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
No, you need to learn. Like i have to learn to stop picking multiple Swans players
I have the opposite problem with Tiges players.

I've got Nank and Dusty now but I didn't start with either of them.

I almost even let Butler run against me because I tend to rate Tiges players about 10 points lower that everybody else ... come to think of it that has probably served me pretty damn well accross my SC career.

Reactions: Prospector

Nicko

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 16, 2017
Thoughts on best forward to bring in for Sandi via dpp. Already have Dahl Macrae Steele and T.Lynch

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
As a fellow Sainter: think how unhappy you'll be if the Sainters lose and he performs badly or, worse, gets injured.

But I think he's a decent pick. He's got a set role as a mid rotating through the half-fwd line like so many others. He's shown he can score when doing that. He may average slightly less than Macrae/Dahlhaus/Green/Heeney but I doubt if it will be a lot less.

Reactions: Brad and cactus

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Are people thinking Newman is a keeper now (D6/7) or still a trade out? I'm really struggling with this one.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I was strongly considering just holding onto Sandi, but I just am not sure now. My thought process is now along the lines of "I will prob trade him anyway".