2017 Ruck Cover

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
With Preuss Daw and Goldy all possibly playing in the same side I'm looking at other options (Still think Goldy beats out Grundy but I'm looking at the possibility of Sauce) Sauce has that higher ceiling so a 115+ average is within reach (again)

Haven't had Sauce in my lineup yet (Goldy and Gawn been there pretty much all preseason) but thinking about him a little bit now
2014 he averaged 87% gametime
2015 he averaged 88% gametime

2016 80%, take out his injury game in rd 19 and it's 83% which makes me think he was playing the year not fully fit, 5% less gametime and averaged only 85% of the hitouts compared to his previous year... He started 2016 with a bunch of low scores, partly adjusting to no Danger and also seemed to struggle against teams who played 3rd man up last year like Geelong and Bulldogs

Sauce also starts of the year with an easy draw in terms of rucks he comes up against in the first 6 rounds, might make up for the injuries in the Adelaide midfield

I might've just talked myself into picking the matchstick

Reactions: Brad

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
With Preuss Daw and Goldy all possibly playing in the same side I'm looking at other options (Still think Goldy beats out Grundy but I'm looking at the possibility of Sauce) Sauce has that higher ceiling so a 115+ average is within reach (again)

Haven't had Sauce in my lineup yet (Goldy and Gawn been there pretty much all preseason) but thinking about him a little bit now

2016 80%, take out his injury game in rd 19 and it's 83% which makes me think he was playing the year not fully fit, 5% less gametime and averaged only 85% of the hitouts compared to his previous year... He started 2016 with a bunch of low scores, partly adjusting to no Danger and also seemed to struggle against teams who played 3rd man up last year like Geelong and Bulldogs

Sauce also starts of the year with an easy draw in terms of rucks he comes up against in the first 6 rounds, might make up for the injuries in the Adelaide midfield

PLAY TWICE: Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Essendon, Melbourne, Geelong.

That's just confirmed my pick, couple extra 140s for Saucey there playing below par rucks twice apart from Gawn

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Because David Meyers is the better loophole?
How? Dons play Friday night games and there goes your loop hole. Freo dont have any Friday night games and only Play Sat or Sun which is better for a loophole player.

Play Cameron at F7 and Strnadica at R3 as your loophole player.

Both are DPP

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015

After 2 bad years of getting him he is on my never again list
'14, '15 sucked

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
How? Dons play Friday night games and there goes your loop hole. Freo dont have any Friday night games and only Play Sat or Sun which is better for a loophole player.

Play Cameron at F7 and Strnadica at R3 as your loophole player.

Both are DPP
OK, so assuming Cameron is selected Round 1 I pick him at R3 and Meyers at M11. Meyers acts is out four the first 4-6 rounds so he acts as the loophole during this time. The Dons early fixture:
Round 1: Saturday Night
Round 2: Saturday Night
Round 3: Sunday Arvo
Round 4: Saturday Night
Round 5: Sunday Arvo
Round 6: Sunday Arvo
Around this time I'm hoping Meyers comes into the team and starts to make money. The Swans play late in the round Round 7 and 8 so if Cameron has been dropped he starts acting as the loop hole. Otherwise I could downgrade to a loophole if need be. Then you're into the bye rounds where there'll be plenty of loophole choices. After that I use injured players on the bench as loopholes or downgrade to Strnadica if necessary.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
OK, so assuming Cameron is selected Round 1 I pick him at R3 and Meyers at M11. Meyers acts is out four the first 4-6 rounds so he acts as the loophole during this time. The Dons early fixture:
Around this time I'm hoping Meyers comes into the team and starts to make money. The Swans play late in the round Round 7 and 8 so if Cameron has been dropped he starts acting as the loop hole. Otherwise I could downgrade to a loophole if need be. Then you're into the bye rounds where there'll be plenty of loophole choices. After that I use injured players on the bench as loopholes or downgrade to Strnadica if necessary.
I take your point and its a fair point but Myers in your lineup is taking a place of a rookie mid who could be making you some money. I think mids are more likely to make better money than a ruck would, especially as Cameron wont be the only ruck in the Swans lineup.
A couple of weeks ago i wasnt expecting Cameron to play in the 1s at the start but he may well do. If he does then i need to work out is it better to have him staring in the fwds as a rookie, as ruck cover or as fwd cover. Either way the other player im selecting is Strnadica as he is one of the cheapest players.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I take your point and its a fair point but Myers in your lineup is taking a place of a rookie mid who could be making you some money. I think mids are more likely to make better money than a ruck would, especially as Cameron wont be the only ruck in the Swans lineup.
A couple of weeks ago i wasnt expecting Cameron to play in the 1s at the start but he may well do. If he does then i need to work out is it better to have him staring in the fwds as a rookie, as ruck cover or as fwd cover. Either way the other player im selecting is Strnadica as he is one of the cheapest players.
Yep, fair points too. A few days ago I thought the cupboard was looking pretty bare for mid rookies so the idea of putting the donut in the mids seemed appealing. With Wigg and Barrett playing well I might swing back to the R3 donut.

Reactions: tabs

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
I feel like Myers is just as likely to get injured rehabbing/training as he is to come back round 7 and I'm not willing to have a 133k loophole player for the year. I'd also want to see him play his first 2 games without getting injured.

I do, however, see the benefit of saving a trade in your midfield rookies with your loophole guy. It would also be helpful if you're picking Goldstein as I feel you should strongly consider putting Preuss on your bench as a handcuff. I may have mentioned it before but I like somebody such as Balic as loophole at M11 if you're not going R3 loophole.

Reactions: cactus

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015

... and of course, nothing like any of that will happen this year!

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Yep, fair points too. A few days ago I thought the cupboard was looking pretty bare for mid rookies so the idea of putting the donut in the mids seemed appealing. With Wigg and Barrett playing well I might swing back to the R3 donut.
or F8

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne

Sauce looking good today. Only up against Stanley but Sauce is playing well.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Saucey 86 from 53% gametime today, looked really good in the ruck and was working around the grounds taking marks and had 7 contested possessions

also was tapping to a young outfit, 8/17 hit outs to advantage, Sloane, Thompson and Brad Crouch to come in, although he won't always hit that many to advantage it's a good sign he managed it tapping to a below par Adelaide midfield

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Saucey 86 from 53% gametime today, looked really good in the ruck and was working around the grounds taking marks and had 7 contested possessions

also was tapping to a young outfit, 8/17 hit outs to advantage, Sloane, Thompson and Brad Crouch to come in, although he won't always hit that many to advantage it's a good sign he managed it tapping to a below par Adelaide midfield
True. Looked fit which is probably the main thing if you're keen on him. Was mostly rucking against Stanley. Danger and Selwood were playing but hardly saw Danger in the guts at all and Selwood didn't do much either.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
After today, I'm pretty excited over Nank and his potential. Showed some signs late last season, now looking at taking another step. Seriously thinking of Sandi R2 and Nank as cover. Ryder has been scratched off the list.
Only preseason but I'm struggling to keep a lid on it as a Tiges supporter. Nank looks a good pick up for us. Gives us something around the ground as a ruck and damn it feels like a long time since we've had that.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Only preseason but I'm struggling to keep a lid on it as a Tiges supporter. Nank looks a good pick up for us. Gives us something around the ground as a ruck and damn it feels like a long time since we've had that.

He looks good, i don't except the whole pre season who har this time. He is going to average 95 easy this year. The Tigs finally got something right. He has had potential and now it's showing.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
There are plenty of Forward rookies but their scoring is a big concern, Eddy, Black, Pickett wouldnt feel too confident with any on field
I would rather move one of these guys to the mids and use F8 as the loophole.

Reactions: Tevez17

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i am getting more and more sucked in to getting Nankilands over Goldy
what ever i decided to do i be it backfires
if i get Goldy then Sandi and Nank will play good and make a heap of cash or
if i get Sandi and Nank im sure Sandi will go down with injury and Nank will stink it up