2017 Ruck Cover

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Bit of chatter around that Gawn has a niggle in his back. Fingers crossed its nothing serious.

I wouldn't be surprised - literally died carry that Tran on his back week after week..

Re R3- I'm considering the idea of Preuss at R3 and when eventually I need Nanks tuck civrr I trade out Preuss for Strnadica. With Swallow (injured) and Pickett (dropped?) I'll have a loop hole player after this rd and want to make as much money as possible off the rookies...
Thoughts people?

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised - literally died carry that Tran on his back week after week..

Re R3- I'm considering the idea of Preuss at R3 and when eventually I need Nanks tuck civrr I trade out Preuss for Strnadica. With Swallow (injured) and Pickett (dropped?) I'll have a loop hole player after this rd and want to make as much money as possible off the rookies...
Thoughts people?
Yeah, I'm running on a similar philosophy with Darcy Cameron. I have a fair few mid priced players so I think it's extremely important to have that R3 generating cash.

If you think Preuss is good enough to stay in the side, do it.

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
Yeah, I'm running on a similar philosophy with Darcy Cameron. I have a fair few mid priced players so I think it's extremely important to have that R3 generating cash.

If you think Preuss is good enough to stay in the side, do it.
What do you think Preuss has to do to stay in the side? He has to survive Mason Wood coming back in 2-3 weeks, but I don't think he's going to be too threatened by Daw listening to the coach's comments. I have to wait until rookie corrections to bring him in because I don't quite have the cash left to go Strnadica up to him but Wood won't be back by then so I think he's going to get at least 1 or 2 price rises. The problem is getting the 3 or 4 more price rises he needs so I don't think he's a lock at all for me.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne

Thoughts people?
What do you think Preuss has to do to stay in the side? He has to survive Mason Wood coming back in 2-3 weeks, but I don't think he's going to be too threatened by Daw listening to the coach's comments. I have to wait until rookie corrections to bring him in because I don't quite have the cash left to go Strnadica up to him but Wood won't be back by then so I think he's going to get at least 1 or 2 price rises. The problem is getting the 3 or 4 more price rises he needs so I don't think he's a lock at all for me.

I think he's in competition with Daw and Wood. I dont know how likely he is to hold his place but I'm willing to roll the dice in order to get another $100k in the bank after trading him to Strnadica. Good rookies are sparse this year and here we have a guy capable of knocking out 60s as a forward/ruck.

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
I think he's in competition with Daw and Wood. I dont know how likely he is to hold his place but I'm willing to roll the dice in order to get another $100k in the bank after trading him to Strnadica. Good rookies are sparse this year and here we have a guy capable of knocking out 60s as a forward/ruck.
He's not a forward, which really hurts if he gets dropped after only 1-2 price rises. He is a big risk, and I am willing to wait 2 weeks to make my decision with my current low cash-in-bank situation.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
If he was listed as a R/F I'd certainly have taken him over Cameron. Think that link is still super valuable at R3.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Hope no one got sucked into the Grundy hype on here? He only started scoring well when Cox wasn't in the team last year. Cox had almost as many hit outs on the weekend as Grundy.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I wouldn't expect much more than the 82 he got on the weekend if you have him.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hope no one got sucked into the Grundy hype on here? He only started scoring well when Cox wasn't in the team last year. Cox had almost as many hit outs on the weekend as Grundy.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I wouldn't expect much more than the 82 he got on the weekend if you have him.
Not a good enough DT/SC ratio for mine. Needs a lot of possessions to score well.

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
Gawn/Grundy/dicka with nank and ryder as cover. This was locked in 10 days before round one due to overseas holiday and couldn't make a decision