Tour de France

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Selecting a bonus stage is always a chook raffle. I've often gone with a late, mountain stage, but sometimes it can be hard to get your squad right given that your trying to select top GC candidates, but some stages might end up suiting break-aways more, depending on the overall GC results.

Bring in Cimolai

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
It wouldn't shock me if someone does a Vino tonight. With sprinters teams being weak.

I am not taking sprinters with a shit lead out tonight. I only had two trades so I've brought in Kristoff instead of Greipel or Cavendish, who probably has the best leadout (Greipel can't win without a leadout and Cav's leadout is severely weakened). and also Matthews because no one will have him and I might get some sneaky points. I was going to bring in Demare or Cimolai but figured a lot of people woudl have them.

In regards to bonus stages, I always go time trials because they are usually easier to get but they give less points.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
What is your intel on him?

He has had a few top 10 finishes. He is a good chance at making top 5 tonight. He has Pozzato who will put him in a good position.

Coquard needs a leadout and gets lost more times than not. He's shit a positioning and you need good positioning tonight.

Navardauskas might be a good pick. He finished third on this stage last year and with the sprint teams being weakened, he could do the same again.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Greipel will shit it in if he gets in a good position. I don't think he will get in a good position.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Greipel will shit it in if he gets in a good position. I don't think he will get in a good position.
I'ma gunna hope he can! I'll cheer so loud you'll hear me in Burke if he pulls it off!

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Good to see the women racing tonight - where have they been for the last few weeks?

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
It wouldn't surprise me if someone does a vino and wins this solo today. With it being yet, and the sprinters teams being decimated, I wouldn't be shocked to see a late attack win. Someone like a Voeckler or Westra. I think Luke Durbridge will go for it and try and do one better than what he did in the Giro's final stage.

The riders that could pull off such a move (Stybar, Kwiatkowski, Gallopin) all are setting up their sprinters.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
Stybar's background suits him well for today's conditions if he is allowed to go for it.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
13th O/A at the end of the tour lads, not to bad for our little league.
Thanks for the little side dish of fantasy during this tough SC season.
Personally I finished 402 O/A pretty happy with that, thanks to you fellas for the tips along the way.

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Why mot Pros, might dip my toe in that too.
You should give it a go, doddy! We've run some good leagues here the last few years - maybe its time we ran a couple of leagues this year?