The Podcast

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Draft is a completely different beast. Cash generation means nothing and unless your league has specific rules you can trade every week.

I recall the first year draft supercoach was a thing I played a 10 man league with a 5-6-1-5 team format with 2 bench on 3 main lines. I drafted a fwd/mid and mid/def perma 0 and 3 dpp "premiums" and just looped 2-3 times every week. By premium the bench spare mids were the 80-90 Ave guys but they would spike a 120 every so often and having 3 chances each week it usually worked out. And if one sucked for too long there are always plenty of similar types in the free agent pool

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I wonder if maybe 2017 isn't the year for deliberate donuts to start out the season. Generally we have 2-3 on field rookies which gives us a total of 5-6 so losing 1 for a permanent loop isn't that bad. But with the strategy looking like it's to go very deep in the mids with 1 or even 0 starting rookies in the mids I would be concerned there wouldn't be enough cash generation to sit a player on the pine that doesn't have any growth.

For me the answer really has to be, tie in the C loop to another player other than danger or any premo mid for at least the first part of the season. Eg: gawn with a 0 score dpp r3.

We could go into the nitty gritty. But with an abundance of players like swallow/omeara/heppell/Murphy etc I'd say there a deficit of about 300-400k cash generation in the mids compared to previous seasons that I'm not comfortable compounding by adding a perma donut at m11
Lets not get in to the M11 debate again. I had a donut at R3 last year for my loophole