Round 8 Trades......

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
hey guys got a few trades in mind need help! i have both hampton and otten.

1. jom to yeo otten to lloyd
2. jom to heeney otten to dochety
3. jom to heeney hampton to lloyd

only option with hamton out is to lloyd thoughts?

Beermonkey

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 7, 2015
So...I have Beams, Treloar, Swallow, Black and Balic (plus pickett & eddy). Resulting in 3 donuts and am not going to enjoy watching my overall rank of 870 come crashing down this weekend. Now 100% on leagues and willing to tank this weekend for long term gain. $500k in bank. Any suggestions community?

Plan 1- Cop 1 donut
Thinking Beams out for any (rocky or dusty or anyone in between.)
Balic up to heeney

Plan 2. 2 donuts
Hampton up to shaw
Beams to heeney

Plan 3. 3 donuts
Hampton to shaw
Taranto to heeney.

Based on the hope Beams and swallow plus extra trades will be more useful in the long run for leagues. Hoping Beams a chance to play from next week which could save a trade...worst case trade him then. Help!!!! :-(

Beermonkey

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 7, 2015

I like option 2 provided your not overloading on rnd 11 byes

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
So...I have Beams, Treloar, Swallow, Black and Balic (plus pickett & eddy). Resulting in 3 donuts and am not going to enjoy watching my overall rank of 870 come crashing down this weekend. Now 100% on leagues and willing to tank this weekend for long term gain. $500k in bank. Any suggestions community?

Plan 1- Cop 1 donut
Balic up to heeney

Plan 2. 2 donuts
Hampton up to shaw
Beams to heeney

Plan 3. 3 donuts
Hampton to shaw
Taranto to heeney.

Based on the hope Beams and swallow plus extra trades will be more useful in the long run for leagues. Hoping Beams a chance to play from next week which could save a trade...worst case trade him then. Help!!!! :-(
I still like plan 1... you bring in 2 keepers and potential top 6 players in their positions, limit the damage for this weekend, and you dont compromise your bye structure too much. Hampton is playing... at the moment, thats a huge plus! He may lose a little cash this weekend but wont drop massively. I sense the Crows are in the mood to destroy Melbourne too, so he could score nicely.

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria

I like option 3. All seem decent tho

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria

Plan 1- Cop 1 donut
Balic up to heeney

Plan 2. 2 donuts
Hampton up to shaw
Beams to heeney

Plan 3. 3 donuts
Hampton to shaw
Taranto to heeney.

Could you do Pickett to Heeney and Swallow to Yeo?
I don't like the idea of carrying both Pickett and Eddy for too much longer when they aren't making u $. Personally I've traded out both of them.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I still like plan 1... you bring in 2 keepers and potential top 6 players in their positions, limit the damage for this weekend, and you dont compromise your bye structure too much. Hampton is playing... at the moment, thats a huge plus! He may lose a little cash this weekend but wont drop massively. I sense the Crows are in the mood to destroy Melbourne too, so he could score nicely.
I agree with @Steve with option 1.

But the Dees I reckon will push the crows.

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Think im going to go option one jom to yeo otten to lloyd, ill bench hampton and play either stewart or newman, my hearts says the options and last few weeks ive been trying to play smart and its bite me in the ass

Reactions: Prospector

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I think Ive decided to keep my cash flow running, Ill move on Hampton this week and bring in Berry. Opens up some DPP via Hibberd, and having Stewart and EVW on the bench gives me some good loophole action on my D6 for the next few weeks. Also shores up my mid bench, which at the moment consists of Fisher and not much else. Will probably go Pickett to Myers next week. Also flicking Swallow for Yeo, keeping him in the mids for now but will need him forward after their bye. Setting up nicely for the next few weeks, 350k banked with some more to come via Pickett, Hannan and Stewart, ready to launch into the byes with 4 upgrades in the first 2 weeks.

Hampton to Berry
Swallow to Yeo

My other option is to cut my losses on Treloar and get ultra aggressive, keeping Hampton while going Treloar to Rockliff and still bringing in Yeo. Leaves me with about 100k and less flexibility but at least I dont have to watch Treloar spud it up for the rest of the year.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
So I could go a double upgrade Otten to Heaney (via DPP) and Hampton to Heater ...

... but I'm teampted to do one trade: Hampton to Bont.

Would leave me with zero cash in the bank. 3x Backline and 3x forwardline upgrades still needed. 20 trades left. Beams at M8 when fit. Witts and Sandi in the ruck.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Bit baffled this week, I won't have a donut unless there's a late out but looking 2-3 weeks down the line the cash gen has just stagnated and it was never great anyway...

I'm inclined to wait it out on Treloar with just a move to Rockliff sitting in the back of my mind.

I'm happy to bring Berry in but only Rance really interests me in defence as an upgrade and I'm more swayed by his bye than anything, if I was keen to take a punt on bloke maybe Vince as it's less than 50K from Otten & I do see him averaging 90odd by seasons end playing for a new contract.

Reactions: AlLewis

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Torn with what to do with my defenders. The only downgrade options seem terrible in Berry, Melican and EVW. Can only really afford an upgrade if I take Yeo over Bont and then it would only be to Lloyd. The more I change my options around in me side the more I cant decide what I should do. Im leaning towards Yeo and Lloyd in, as it nets me more points then Bont and crappy rookie. Downside is less cash generation but im not sure how much cash any of those rookies will make

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I think Ive decided to keep my cash flow running, Ill move on Hampton this week and bring in Berry. Opens up some DPP via Hibberd, and having Stewart and EVW on the bench gives me some good loophole action on my D6 for the next few weeks. Also shores up my mid bench, which at the moment consists of Fisher and not much else. Will probably go Pickett to Myers next week. Also flicking Swallow for Yeo, keeping him in the mids for now but will need him forward after their bye. Setting up nicely for the next few weeks, 350k banked with some more to come via Pickett, Hannan and Stewart, ready to launch into the byes with 4 upgrades in the first 2 weeks.

Hampton to Berry
Swallow to Yeo

My other option is to cut my losses on Treloar and get ultra aggressive, keeping Hampton while going Treloar to Rockliff and still bringing in Yeo. Leaves me with about 100k and less flexibility but at least I dont have to watch Treloar spud it up for the rest of the year.

Do you have any other Mids scoring similar to Treloar? If he was your biggest problem in there I would just keep him, but If you've got another bloke averaging 95-100 (Like M Crouch for me) then it becomes a bit of a different as you can have a finished team with both in there I dont think.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Do you have any other Mids scoring similar to Treloar? If he was your biggest problem in there I would just keep him, but If you've got another bloke averaging 95-100 (Like M Crouch for me) then it becomes a bit of a different as you can have a finished team with both in there I dont think.
Treloar is my only real mid issue. Danger, Selwood, Fyfe, Pendles and Bont at my others, with a view to Rocky and one more TBC over the byes. Happy to roll with that for now and have Treloar at M8 hopefully pushing up to a 105+ avg by year's end.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Treloar is my only real mid issue. Danger, Selwood, Fyfe, Pendles and Bont at my others, with a view to Rocky and one more TBC over the byes. Happy to roll with that for now and have Treloar at M8 hopefully pushing up to a 105+ avg by year's end.

I reckon you're in a good spot then

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
Bye bye Trelor, hello Danger. I see no Mcniece named (is that right?) If so I'm sticking Hampton on the bench bringing Stewart in and seeing what unfolds

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Reading up on Daniel Lloyd - sounds like he has the potential to be a better pick than Myers.

Ticks a lot of boxes but of course GWS is a tough 22 to stick in.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Reading up on Daniel Lloyd - sounds like he has the potential to be a better pick than Myers.

Ticks a lot of boxes but of course GWS is a tough 22 to stick in.

I tend to agree, Lloyd has been banging the selection door, Matt Kennedy & Hopper obviously waiting in the wings & Griffen, Lids as well but looking at their selection this week it's clear they want a bit more maturity in the side if he plays well I think he keeps his spot for a while.