Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm not keen on this trade. JJ could easily come in for more attention now Bob is out of the picture. JJ could well still score at keeper level but he is much less of a clear cut good pick now than he was a few days ago IMO. Note: I don't have JJ.
Would love to get @M4TT B8S take on this. Does JJ have to play tall now? Surely they can't change his role given he is so damaging it what he can do and sets up so much behind the ball.

Reactions: cactus

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Would love to get @M4TT B8S take on this. Does JJ have to play tall now? Surely they can't change his role given he is so damaging it what he can do and sets up so much behind the ball.

I'd doubt that, think the Dogs will try and replace Bob with a tall defender. Not sure what they have in the shed, but I'd assume they wouldn't want to change JJ's role as his run is much needed rather then holding down a big. Perhaps might open the door for young Kieran Collins to get a gig?

Reactions: Steve

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
JJ killed it early then the Hawks sent someone to him (?Langford) and he disappeared. That's the worry for me with JJ, until Bont hits top form he's perhaps the most damaging guy currently and a target for attention.

Also he probably won't maintain his scoring after round 7 when he stops playing at Etihad every week. Clearly averages more at ES than anywhere else (~90 in 2015 compared to ~60 elsewhere) so rounds 8-19 his average might be fairly poor. He does play at Etihad rounds 20-22 which is useful for finals. He might change that this year, but bear in mind if thinking of trading in now.

Personally, I didn't pick him and pledged not to even if he killed it in the first few weeks with the thought that he won't sustain it and if you miss out on the early scores it's pointless getting him in to chase those scores.

Reactions: Daniel and cactus

Daniel

Mar 6, 2016
JJ killed it early then the Hawks sent someone to him (?Langford) and he disappeared. That's the worry for me with JJ, until Bont hits top form he's perhaps the most damaging guy currently and a target for attention.

Also he probably won't maintain his scoring after round 7 when he stops playing at Etihad every week. Clearly averages more at ES than anywhere else (~90 in 2015 compared to ~60 elsewhere) so rounds 8-19 his average might be fairly poor. He does play at Etihad rounds 20-22 which is useful for finals. He might change that this year, but bear in mind if thinking of trading in now.

Personally, I didn't pick him and pledged not to even if he killed it in the first few weeks with the thought that he won't sustain it and if you miss out on the early scores it's pointless getting him in to chase those scores.
I will not rule him out just yet. Problem is not to many other options other than downgrading to rookies.

I might have fallen into the chasing points trap.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
I will not rule him out just yet. Problem is not to many other options other than downgrading to rookies.

I might have fallen into the chasing points trap.

Yeah I had him from Round 1 so I can't really complain about his output so far hehe..

One thing I will say about JJ though in his defense is that he has improved his game immensely. His 70 against the Hawks I would actually take that as a pass for mine. Other grounds will be the real test but I'd imagine with his overall improvement we should see him improve at other venues also if he can break that tag then we could see a Heath Shaw like output (Wishful thinking I know!).

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Really tricking trading this week would prefer to only use 1 trade but won't decent points for Crouch with only 320k to play with, options limited.

mitchamatosis

May 31, 2015
Made the mistake of starting trent mckenzie in my team. What are you thoughts on where to go from here. Do i downgrade to a rookie, or use the 159k in the bank to go to someone like a pittard? At the moment im leaning towards ruggles. My score would of been handy without him and hewett : (

Attachments

• super.PNG
    super.PNG
    716 KB · Views: 9

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Really feeling like I dodged a Bullet not throwing the kitchen sink at JJ. Got Ng to be interesting to see how he goes now for all the reasons stated. #brodiesmithof2016

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Made the mistake of starting trent mckenzie in my team. What are you thoughts on where to go from here. Do i downgrade to a rookie, or use the 159k in the bank to go to someone like a pittard? At the moment im leaning towards ruggles. My score would of been handy without him and hewett : (

You have Dea on the bench. Downgrade Mckenzie and bring Dea on the park.

The biggest concern for this team is Hewett on the field and Jansen on the bench.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
You can get tricky with some DPP and use 1 trade to fix a couple of problems.
- Trade out Hewett or Jansen
- Move Kerridge or Kennedy to the kids
- Move Adams to your forward line
- Bring Hartley or Ruggles in down back

This maximises your on field points, brings in a rookie who is actually playing and will make money (rather than stalking early or not even playing) and gives you a bit more flexibility through your mids and fwds with DPP.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Sheridan -> Ruggles
Crouch -> Parker

Crouch hammy issues mean he has to go, Sheridan not looking like he'll be top 10.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Who is less likely to be a keeper degoey or lonergan/who is going to average more.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Nah JJ will play the same role, Wood will come back in with possibly Adcock coming in too and Hamling+Murphy out

If we need the taller backline then Hamling will just stay and Adcock won't play

I wouldn't be trading JJ in or out based of Murphys injury, won't really influence him at all in my opinion

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Nah JJ will play the same role, Wood will come back in with possibly Adcock coming in too and Hamling+Murphy out

If we need the taller backline then Hamling will just stay and Adcock won't play

I wouldn't be trading JJ in or out based of Murphys injury, won't really influence him at all in my opinion
No I wouldn't be trading him out ... but I think the original question was around whether he is still a good trade in ...

Daniel

Mar 6, 2016

I was planning on dropping Greene and going to JJ? Do you think JJ's output will stay around 90 to 100?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Who is less likely to be a keeper degoey or lonergan/who is going to average more.
De Goey has a long way to go to be a keeper. None of his scores have been in the range you could call a keeper in the forward line, let alone averaging that much. Sidey coming back may affect his scoring too.

Lonergan looks like he will average more and being a defender doesn't have to do as much to be considered a keeper. Was a worry that he was put into a tagging role last week and off halfback the week before though, perhaps not enough midfield minutes to reach keeper range.

Reactions: smirski

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
No I wouldn't be trading him out ... but I think the original question was around whether he is still a good trade in ...

I was planning on dropping Greene and going to JJ? Do you think JJ's output will stay around 90 to 100?

I wouldn't do that trade to be honest, my opinion is JJ won't average significantly more than Greene anyway... I don't really even think JJ is a lock to be a keeper down back either

Nothing to do with Bob at all, if you thought that's a good trade before Murphy went down then it probably still is, my opinion hasn't really changed though

Reactions: cactus

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i have to do abit off dpp swapping but rich to parker leaving me with 26 trades is seeming to be to hard to hold off on
only prob is will leave me with a back line of shaw, laird, dea, weitering, adams, brown, tippa and ruggles
but mids would then be ablett, danger, r gray, fyfe, liba, pendlebury, parker, oliver, davis, hewitt, gresham
wat do u think guys

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
i have to do abit off dpp swapping but rich to parker leaving me with 26 trades is seeming to be to hard to hold off on
only prob is will leave me with a back line of shaw, laird, dea, weitering, adams, brown, tippa and ruggles
but mids would then be ablett, danger, r gray, fyfe, liba, pendlebury, parker, oliver, davis, hewitt, gresham
wat do u think guys
Almost the same delemma I'm struggling with except I'd be trading out Lonergan and Brad Crouch. Would leave me with 26 trades and basically the same backline and midfield as you except I have Bartel for your Laird.

Seems like a more clear cut good idea for me because Brad Crouch is clearly a right off. Rich won't cop any tags harder than Jacobs and he could still score at keeper backline level.

Interested why you're picking Parker as the man to bring in. I just posted in x vs y and I'm really struggling to know which mid primo to get this week.