Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Want WHE and Houston, but no major fails to trade out. Maybe sacrifice JOM or Rough, but they'll get better. Otherwise it's Taranto and Florent, but I think they'll stay in the team and improve their scoring.

Taranto -> WHE and Florent -> Houston?? Or just hold and do nothing??? Hopefully team selection helps because right now I have no idea :confused:

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
GHS stuffing his thumb has forced my hand.

Unsure whether to go with GHS -> Newman via DPP on its own, or to also do Z. Jones -> Oliver. The fact that Clayton has not played a bad match through all of JLT + first 2 rounds has me thinking. Dees have a softish start IMO too.

Jones not playing the inside mid role I'd hoped for... playing as a weird floating utility who gets the occasional stoppage attendance.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i have the cash sitting and can do it, what do you guys think of
picket to Oliver

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
picket to Oliver
Theoretically a great move... if Clayton can get close to 110.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Reactions: Brad

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Ive got a big 2 trades in the works this week, It's ballsy but bare with me.
Gawn down to Witts for a massive cash grab (520k in bank)
Taranto to Nank
This gives me the ruck cover for the Witts/Sandi combo and leaves me with 360k in the bank for a premium uprgade maybe next week.
Im only thinking this way so i can keep Hannebery as i think hell prob come good after a month. I feel like with the ruck scoring this year Gawn isnt as valuable at his price tag of 650k and I'm losing points elsewhere because of the extra $$ i spent. Thoughts guys? any feedback would be great thanks

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Got Hanners everyone says to hold still unsure. have josh smith can rotate him to fwd for butler, also have taranto unsure to trade or hold also have WHE so idk if there point?

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Got Hanners everyone says to hold still unsure. have josh smith can rotate him to fwd for butler, also have taranto unsure to trade or hold also have WHE so idk if there point?
you could either punt Josh Smith for butler or wait till next week and see how the young Sydney rookies go again and trade smith for one of them. Im with ya on Hanners really hard choice, its gonna burn if u trade him and he comes out with a 130 after copping his first 2 shit scores. These decisions are so annoying! look at Robbie Gray 34 round 1 then 164 round 2 maybe hold?

Reactions: Tandy

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
you could either punt Josh Smith for butler or wait till next week and see how the young Sydney rookies go again and trade smith for one of them. Im with ya on Hanners really hard choice, its gonna burn if u trade him and he comes out with a 130 after copping his first 2 shit scores. These decisions are so annoying! look at Robbie Gray 34 round 1 then 164 round 2 maybe hold?

Thinking with butler be -92 instant cash then could downgrade idk how good the sydney rookies job security is, also with the hanners trade i have 60k in the bank so if i do trade hanners i can choose any midfielder either martin zmerett rocky etc so im torn

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
picket to Oliver
Lot of chat about Oliver which is understandable given his start to the season. If you think he'll be top 10 mid at season's end then pick as the value is too good to pass up. However, if you think he'll end up with an average of around the 100-105 mark, as I do, then there's just not enough meat on the bone for him to be a stepping stone. I guess I look at a guy like Patrick Cripps as an example. His profile is similar to Oliver's, I think we all agree that he is an absolute gun, but in his 2nd full year of footy he still only averaged 107 which was outside the top 10 mids last year. It's always easy to be swayed by last week's points but does anyone really think Oliver can keep this up?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Geez this is hard, I've got Hibbard not playing but no one to trade him too really (maybe next week with Newman), I don't have WHE but not sure he's must have if you have to change your structure or Upgrade an already playing player, Then there's Hanners and Matt Crouch who both worry me for different reasons, I held 3 blokes for far too long last season hoping they'd come good and none did don't want a repeat.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Geez this is hard, I've got Hibbard not playing but no one to trade him too really (maybe next week with Newman), I don't have WHE but not sure he's must have if you have to change your structure or Upgrade an already playing player, Then there's Hanners and Matt Crouch who both worry me for different reasons, I held 3 blokes for far too long last season hoping they'd come good and none did don't want a repeat.
My two cents:

I factor in 2x correction trades this round. Priority is making sure you have the guys who will make money. If you can go someone like Pickett to WHE I'd do that trade even if Pickett is selected. Also I think going Hanners to WHE via DPP is better than going a better rookie up to WHE (ie. I wouldn't want to lose Butler or even Eddy to get WHE).

This round get the best moneymakers even if it means dicing an underperforming primo.

Reactions: Steve

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Roughy into WHE

Smith into Marchbank

#holdhanners

Hoping hanners will be a pod at the end of the round. That last quarter he looked good.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Still not certain what to do with my rucks, I have Gawn, Sandilands and Strandica, is Witts a must have? Even at the expense of trading our Sandilands? Or better to hold?
And is it a good idea to make the move from Strandica to Preuss?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Taranto to Hoskin-Elliot and Sandi to Witts.
Thoughts??
Very line ball. Sandi is still likely to turn out to be a good pick isn't he? Sandi to Witts will probably only net you the 100K it put in your pocket and that probably isn't worth the trade.

I haven't actually seen the GWS games so I can't really comment on Taranto. I'd do this trade if Taranto happened to get dropped for sure ... but if Taranto is picked I might look for another way to get WHE.

For what it is worth I'll have all four of Sandi, Witts (R3), Taranto, and WHE (coming in for Caddy I think) after my trades go through.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Lot of chat about Oliver which is understandable given his start to the season. If you think he'll be top 10 mid at season's end then pick as the value is too good to pass up. However, if you think he'll end up with an average of around the 100-105 mark, as I do, then there's just not enough meat on the bone for him to be a stepping stone. I guess I look at a guy like Patrick Cripps as an example. His profile is similar to Oliver's, I think we all agree that he is an absolute gun, but in his 2nd full year of footy he still only averaged 107 which was outside the top 10 mids last year. It's always easy to be swayed by last week's points but does anyone really think Oliver can keep this up?
The odds are very much against him. Second year players seldom make that jump.

Is that going to deter me? Probably not... unless I find a better option.

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Still not certain what to do with my rucks, I have Gawn, Sandilands and Strandica, is Witts a must have? Even at the expense of trading our Sandilands? Or better to hold?
And is it a good idea to make the move from Strandica to Preuss?
You can do without Witts as long as you have most of the other good rookies I think. I'd only bring Witts in if you happened to have the cash to bring him in for Strnadica. Preuss is probably an OK selection if he is still picked with Goldy back in the side. He won't score 100 each week but as long as he gets picked he'd be an OK choice.