Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Just look at how few midfield rookies played 2 or 3 games compared to the forwards. That explains a lot about this season
Every other year we've had to settle on a Salem or Rohan to play on field up forward because there's no viable options. This year I'm struggling to find a rookie mid that I'm happy starting on field. Its very different to every other year and could catch a lot of Supercoaches out.

Reactions: doddy2731

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Every other year we've had to settle on a Salem or Rohan to play on field up forward because there's no viable options. This year I'm struggling to find a rookie mid that I'm happy starting on field. Its very different to every other year and could catch a lot of Supercoaches out.
I'm struggling to even fill my midfield bench, let alone find guys to put on the field. Seriously considering a few mid-pricers in M5-8 with perhaps Mills at M8.

My main concern is they'll only be a few guys named round 1. So everyone will pick those and serious risk of them only getting 1-2 games and then dropped.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Mills M8 is pretty standard I think.

This year sucks for many reasons. The lack of rookies means we're going to see quite a few cookie cut midfields.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Mills M8 is pretty standard I think.

This year sucks for many reasons. The lack of rookies means we're going to see quite a few cookie cut midfields.
So with Mills at M8 do you have more than 1 Mid pricer ??

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
At the moment I've actually got Mills at M9 on the bench. Currently my midfield looks like:
Danger, Ward, Sidey, Rocky, Duncan, Crouch, Libba, Crouch - bench is Mills, Mathieson, Davis

Will probably restructure to some extent, but with the dearth of rookies I'm happy with the Crouch/Libba/Crouch combo at M6-8 for now. Dea is D4. Kerridge is F6.

I don't want to start with a $200k player on the bench though, but we'll see.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Just saw this pop up on my twitter feed and relevant imo. Fair chance the Bombers will be less than competitive this season, clubs will exploit this and take the opportunity to rest some players against them. A well stacked mid field makes a lot of sense considering how few rookies we may have in rd 1

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Just saw this pop up on my twitter feed and relevant imo. Fair chance the Bombers will be less than competitive this season, clubs will exploit this and take the opportunity to rest some players against them. A well stacked mid field makes a lot of sense considering how few rookies we may have in rd 1
DPP will come into play a lot more too I think. Mitch Brown may not be the cash cow wed hoped for but he may end up being very handy to keep on the bench for added flexibility.

HoneyBadger

Patron '16
Patron '19
Feb 16, 2016
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-13/luxury-of-riches-at-dees

Clayton Oliver once again showed he had those characteristics and he remains in the mix to make his debut in round one against Greater Western Sydney.

"He certainly hasn't done anything wrong. I thought his first half was a little bit sloppy today but he responded extremely well in the second half," Goodwin said.

"Tom Bugg and Ben Kennedy are both guys that have come from other clubs that have had a significant impact on our team already with their competitiveness, which is something the club is really striving for," Goodwin said.

AFL.com.au understands Christian Petracca and Jack Trengove may ...... return over Easter in the VFL

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Mathieson out for 6 weeks, and the mids get even thinner.
In other news Majak has been elevated by North.
That hurts, he was the only bloke I was confident would get enough early games. I suspect my midfield bench with be full of forward rookies at this stage!!!

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
That hurts, he was the only bloke I was confident would get enough early games. I suspect my midfield bench with be full of forward rookies at this stage!!!
Opens the door for Keays but then will have to wait and see what happens when MAth can play in the 1s again. Does he come back through the 2s?