Rate or Hate 2015 edition

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
:') I'm so fucked, praying not to drop below 2k, score of 2448 I'd usually be happy with but not in a week when 2600 is just a solid score not a good score

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
Rate: Had Goldy as captain in AF (350), RDT (350) & SC (442).
Rate: Finally JZ gave me a decent score (125) after averaging 75 since I traded him into my team.

Last edited:

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Rate: Had Goldy as captain in AF, DT & SC.
Rate: Finally JZ gave me a decent score after averaging 75 since I traded him into my team.

Im with you writeoff, old JZ my mid E can take selwoods spot this week. I was holding him under extreme duress and thought of trading him but with the kangas run over the next few weeks he "could" end up being ok?

Reactions: writeoff

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
Im with you writeoff, old JZ my mid E can take selwoods spot this week. I was holding him under extreme duress and thought of trading him but with the kangas run over the next few weeks he "could" end up being ok?
It was the Kangoroo's SoS that swayed me towards JZ. I wanted to move him to M9 like you have but it didn't work out that way.
Finally an under-performing 'premium' has delivered a premium score.
Now if only McGovern, B Smith & Lewis could do the same.

Reactions: Dino

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Rate: As above, what a Game from Goldy.
: I was lucky enough to have him as my #1 all year.
Hate: My 11yr old had him VC. (I didn't) :(

Reactions: Dino

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Rate : Gaz
Hate : being robbed of 12 months of Gaz. Damn you Mcaffer. Damn you to hell.

I've missed watching him run around. He makes every other footballer look inadequate.

Reactions: writeoff and J-Dog

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Rate:
Goldys performance regardless of his SC points as the most complete game I have seen a ruckman play in my life.
It got to the point during the third quarter where I told my boy (who's only four and a half) that as he's probably going to be a ruckman that I will get a copy of the game to educate him on how to play the position.
It was amazing, his dominance at centre bounces to be expected against the midget squad but just his follow up work, his work around the ground, the way he used the ball and the pressure he applied to opposition ball carriers when he could was magic.
The 220 odd SC points (well 440 actually as VC) is just icing on the cake.
Thankyou Goldy for the rucking masterclass but most importantly thankyou for sewing away the AA ruckman beyond a shadow of a doubt so I don't have to listen to 49% of the population over here in the west bang on about Nic "can't catch" Nat and how if he wasn't the AA ruckman it was a conspiracy. Think the supporters are delusional and paranoid like some of the past players they revered.

Hate:
Considering Ablett and Smith in for Shiel and Cripps yesterday morning and not following through, instead the genius behind this post did Shiel to Docherty and Maclean to Knight for a cash grab so I could pounce on GAJ next round when he bottomed out. Blody hell. Although I must admit Doc looked ok just needs to work on his d/e, probably doesn't help having 1 millisecond to get rid of the ball due to Freos pressure or implied pressure.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Rate:
Was a terrific game by Goldy. Well worth using to demonstrate just how the position can be played.
Have to disagree slightly, though: I reckon Cox played a few just as good. You must have seen some Juddernaught?
Hate:
Commentators are banging on about changing the game to lessen the "scrimmage" factor. Not sure what I think myself but I hate the fact that any one commentator with a bee in his bonnet can be far more influential than all us poor sods.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Rate:
Was a terrific game by Goldy. Well worth using to demonstrate just how the position can be played.
Have to disagree slightly, though: I reckon Cox played a few just as good. You must have seen some Juddernaught?
Hate:
Commentators are banging on about changing the game to lessen the "scrimmage" factor. Not sure what I think myself but I hate the fact that any one commentator with a bee in his bonnet can be far more influential than all us poor sods.

I rated Cox as the best in my lifetime (only 38) for consistency and ability but most of his time at the eagles was in a star studded (although slightly morally soiled) midfield and the team was a finals participant every year and half the time contender except the last couple he was there i think? Makes it easier for him as they always had the ball, opp under pressure and attacking mindset. Goldy got my nod because hes playing for North and would suggest their team more glitter studded, form fluctuates more than the iron ore spot price of late and just the damage he did with those disposals was a joy to watch.
Love coxy, I actually used to bend my "no eagles" in my SC team rule for him, good fella too, sat next to him at the cricket on day, draining frothies and happy to chat and a blokes bloke.
Cox has the mantle as best in my lifetime, but if goldy can replicate anything like the other night consistently for the next ten years he will do him.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Understand, juddernaught. Been listening to a footy podcast and they said when Goldy was drafted he'd only played footy for a couple of months, max. about 8 games. Was a real punt. Come a long way.
No eagles but "thejuddernaught"?