Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'd love to be able to do this with Oxley, I need the money elsewhere though. If you can dodge his bad games and get the big ones it'll pay off big time.
That's the only danger with it. He's as likely to bust out a sub affected 25 as he is a 125. I've got Byrne at D8 so if he comes back into carltons side that makes it a bit tricky. But from here on in, collingwood have a heap of Friday or Saturday arvo games and play before Carlton in all but 2 weeks so I'll be able to loophole pretty easily if Byrne stays out. See what happens I guess. Chances are I'll need the cash elsewhere too and my plans never seem to work out the way I like haha

Reactions: J-Dog

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
Hey guys this fella named Jack Newnes just hit the black cash wise this season, been flying under the radar don't think he was even mentioned pre season....

He's come good slowly bar a poor R10. It looks like he could end up working out as a starting pick unlike Lumumba. I have both.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I have been seriously considering keeping Ox but can't see the likes of Freo, Hawks, Port, Eagles letting him loose and racking up the possessions. Pies also play Swans, Rich, Cats in the second half of the season. He is due to make another 40-50k in the next couple of weeks which would be nice, but I am leaning towards keeping Saad who has been pretty consistent.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I have been seriously considering keeping Ox but can't see the likes of Freo, Hawks, Port, Eagles letting him loose and racking up the possessions. Pies also play Swans, Rich, Cats in the second half of the season. He is due to make another 40-50k in the next couple of weeks which would be nice, but I am leaning towards keeping Saad who has been pretty consistent.

That Def- Mid helps too

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Happy with Newnes but don't think I'd bring him in if I didn't have him unless I already had Shaw, Hodge, Houli, McDonald

and I'll be keeping Oxley for atleast a few weeks after the byes... will wait for him to rise and I can straight swap to someone like Hibberd or I can downgrade Lever and bring in Hodgey or McDonald later on... BE of 5 will be keeping him for a little bit

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah that may come in very handy. Brown/Hamling would be my cover, but Brown has been a surprise and there could be worse bench cover
Especially if you have Mckenzie in the mids

Reactions: Dino

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
My defence is

Taylor Mcgoven Docerty
Newnes Kolo Saad (Pearce McIntosh)

Have traded out Oxley for D Martin Via McGoven so far,
I have Lumumba sitting in Mids for this week to be upped next week and have 18 playing this week at them moment,

My thinking at the start of the season was go cheap in defence and it worked okay early as no defenders really went crazy now they are hitting they're straps somewhat but feel it's back fired now with the 3 lads averaging 80 odd, I had planned to keep Saad as a D6-D7 with swing possibilities but am toying with the idea of Saad-Hamling for Cash, Saad-Smith for potential better average and a bit of cash or Saad to Hibbard next week I really like Hibbard as a keeper over the last half of the season.

So I feel maybe it's prudent to only have one of Saad Newnes and Kolo in my finished team, what do you guys think?

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Agree you only really want to keep 1, at least on field anyway. I'd keep Newnes out of those 3, looks like he might average 90+ from here. Saad to Hamling means you have to field KMac so upgrading him might be better. Rance is cheap and I like the look of Houli too. Then maybe Kolo to Hibberd next week if you feel it's worth it?

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I'm looking to bring in a defender next week will have approx 500k to spend. At the moment I am thinking Houli, Simpson, Hibberd or Bob Murphy.
Currently my on field defence is:

Shaw, Higgins, Docherty, Newnes, Oxley (and 500k to spend on the last one, will probably be Houli)

Will obviously upgrade Oxley at some point but his BE of 5 was too low to put to waste in a trade this week will keep a little longer

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I traded newnes to houli this week as it was either he or Saad and his b/e is higher. I thought my Def was ordinary but with Performing it's not too bad. I try to upgrade the Def last anyway as their scoring potential is less that other positions Imo.
Burgoyne has been tempting me too. cheap. Dpp. Proven and hawks have good run.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Beware the general with Burgoyne. Yes they have to win all their games but with their run they will still be able to manage their older guys.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'm looking to bring in a defender next week will have approx 500k to spend. At the moment I am thinking Houli, Simpson, Hibberd or Bob Murphy.
Currently my on field defence is:

Shaw, Higgins, Docherty, Newnes, Oxley (and 500k to spend on the last one, will probably be Houli)

Will obviously upgrade Oxley at some point but his BE of 5 was too low to put to waste in a trade this week will keep a little longer

Brodie Smith didn't score great again but there were good signs he was getting back to his best Thursday night I think he's an option for you if you want to save some money and look to upgrade Oxley to say McDonald or Hodge in a few weeks. Of the guys you've mentioned I personally like Hibbard to have a great second half of the season.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Brodie Smith didn't score great again but there were good signs he was getting back to his best Thursday night I think he's an option for you if you want to save some money and look to upgrade Oxley to say McDonald or Hodge in a few weeks. Of the guys you've mentioned I personally like Hibbard to have a great second half of the season.
Yeah I thought Smith got enough of the ball, his disposal was shocking. Seriously considering a sideways trade from kmac and loopholing between Smith and Oxley every week.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015

Although I really like the value in Smith not 100% convinced he can average 95+ for the rest of the season, so will probably trade him in at some point for Bench cover... Hibberd is definitely one that I really like the look of though and it would give me around 70k in bank to upgrade Lever to Smith for bench cover soon or Oxley to another Premium

Cool9

Assistant Coach
Apr 27, 2015
Funny, I traded Hibberd out for Smith + 100k. Averaged less than Saad over first 11 rounds. Not sure why everyone's so bullish on him