Forwards

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Tim Kelly's performance against WC has me a little shook, I shouldn't read into one pre-season game so much but wow he was poor.

Boak is a guy I'm kind of interested in, showed solid SC scoring in the forward line last year & looks set for an increase of mid minutes but at the price I keep coming back to BIllings.

Reactions: Steve and TomCat

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Tim Kelly's performance against WC has me a little shook, I shouldn't read into one pre-season game so much but wow he was poor.

Boak is a guy I'm kind of interested in, showed solid SC scoring in the forward line last year & looks set for an increase of mid minutes but at the price I keep coming back to BIllings.

He just didn't look interested did he? His performance surprised me tbh. He's still in my side but he's a good chance to be replaced by Billings. Hawkins and Darling are others I'm interested in as well.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
He just didn't look interested did he? His performance surprised me tbh. He's still in my side but he's a good chance to be replaced by Billings. Hawkins and Darling are others I'm interested in as well.

I am also interested in Darling, so tempted with Billings but after last year …..

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

Hawkins is just too pricey for me but i think he'll back up last years scoring, also agree with Darling, but once ive plugged in my mids, Grundy, Gawn, Danger, Heeney, there's not a lot of money to go round

Reactions: Nicko and TomCat
May 14, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
What are people’s thoughts on Worpel? I would never normally consider a 2nd year player, but he fits my structure at F3 behind Danger & Heeney. Averaged 88 in the last 6 games of 2018, including a 110. Now, with Mitchell gone, could he average that or higher (90s) for the season?

For my structure it is either:
Worpel (F3) + Newman (D5), or
Billings (F3) + Brodie Smith (D5)

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Hawkins is just too pricey for me but i think he'll back up last years scoring, also agree with Darling, but once ive plugged in my mids, Grundy, Gawn, Danger, Heeney, there's not a lot of money to go round

I agree. Neither are likely to make it into my team. Billings is that third spot for me which I'm really not happy about.

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
What are people’s thoughts on Worpel? I would never normally consider a 2nd year player, but he fits my structure at F3 behind Danger & Heeney. Averaged 88 in the last 6 games of 2018, including a 110. Now, with Mitchell gone, could he average that or higher (90s) for the season?

For my structure it is either:
Worpel (F3) + Newman (D5), or
Billings (F3) + Brodie Smith (D5)

I would go option 2 for sure! Billings and Smith

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I agree. Neither are likely to make it into my team. Billings is that third spot for me which I'm really not happy about.

I started Billings last year, held him till he dropped then traded so basically copped all the pain... With all that I'm pretty content starting him this year.

Reactions: Clint in Scotland

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Tim Kelly was better tonight, his SC score was very generous however.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Thoughts on D.Moore at F3?

If he gets a good run at it injury wise, I think he's hard to pass up. Given I can't pick an F3 with confidence, picking Moore at 239k really allows me to balance my other lines.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Thoughts on D.Moore at F3?

If he gets a good run at it injury wise, I think he's hard to pass up. Given I can't pick an F3 with confidence, picking Moore at 239k really allows me to balance my other lines.
I have him at F4, F3 feels a little skinny with the lack of reliable rookies. But absolutely understand the selection, forwards this year are a nightmare

Reactions: Steve and TomCat

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I have him at F4, F3 feels a little skinny with the lack of reliable rookies. But absolutely understand the selection, forwards this year are a nightmare

That F3 spot is my biggest decision, no doubt. It pretty much determines whether I can fit both Gawn and Grundy and whether I can go a bit deeper in def than previous years. So bloody difficult to decide.

Reactions: J-Dog

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015

This is exactly the situation I am in. I've currently got Moore in F3 trying to accomodate Gawn. I'd love to have Moore at F4 but ultimately think my decision at F3 will be too risky and inevitably wrong. So, I've decided to go the safe bet with Gawn and roll the dice a little on rookies in the Forward line.

Reactions: J-Dog

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I've got Moore at F4, with Burgess at F8. If Moore stays fit I'm happy to hang onto him for the year to use his DPP, as there doesn't seem to be many useful links this year.

I've only been able to push him to F4 by going skinny down back, with Collins at D4 and 3 rookies on field. Defence rookies definitely seem more reliable than the other lines this year, and you have to structure your team up by where the rookies are. Which isn't the forward line.

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
I've got Moore at F4, with Burgess at F8. If Moore stays fit I'm happy to hang onto him for the year to use his DPP, as there doesn't seem to be many useful links this year.

I've only been able to push him to F4 by going skinny down back, with Collins at D4 and 3 rookies on field. Defence rookies definitely seem more reliable than the other lines this year, and you have to structure your team up by where the rookies are. Which isn't the forward line.

Agree mate, I just feel horrible trading one of Whitfield or Laird out of my side and then rolling with whoever survives with Williams and B.Smith.

My team would have been 10x easier to construct with Mumford not doing Coke and getting suspended...

Reactions: k-red17