Bye upgrades

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
After 3 downgrades prior to Rd 11 (Krakoeur, McIntosh, CEY to Hamling, Pearce, Boston) gave me a war chest of about $700K-$800K, I made 3 upgrades prior to Rd 12 (Brown, Miller, Saad to Houli, Cotchin, Sloane).

That left me with a team that needed 1 FWD to have an almost finalised team - Newnes at D5, Oxley at D6, Wallis at M8 and Bont at F6, each of which I am quite comfortable with at the moment.

So the plan for this week at the moment is to go Clark and Tarrant to Franklin and Lambert. That basically gives me a full side, with $200K in the bank. That $200K will be used to trade Oxley when he stops being viable.

I am wondering whether I use my 3rd trade this week to build the bank further and give me more flexibility in the future by trading Hogan to Steele.

I will mull over that decision today and tomorrow.

Team as it stands, with $200K in the bank and 12 trades left is:

DEF - Shaw, Houli, Murphy, Taylor, Newnes, Oxley | Hamling, Pearce
MID - Fyfe, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Ellis, Sloane, Selwood, Wallis, Cotchin | Cripps, McKenzie, Boston
RUC - Goldstein, Naitanui | O'Brien
FWD - Martin, Swan, Goddard, Franklin, Mitchell, Bontompelli | Hogan, Lambert
I'm thinking similar, looking at Hogan to Mckernan though. Ideally I want to bring Steele into my midfield to open up DPP, and Mckernan would then be cover fwd and ruck. Surely his JS is pretty good with TBC out?

Reactions: Prospector
Apr 29, 2015
I'm thinking similar, looking at Hogan to Mckernan though. Ideally I want to bring Steele into my midfield to open up DPP, and Mckernan would then be cover fwd and ruck. Surely his JS is pretty good with TBC out?

If I was to bring in Steele for Hogan, one of Steele or Lambert would move to the mids when trading out Boston or McKenzie in a few weeks to provide that versatility.

Understand the thinking behind McKernan, but with the trades I've got up my sleeve I would look to use those to cover a ruck injury.

Up forward, I wouldn't mind Gray in there and Bont as F7. That could be done by Hogan to Steele. Then McKenzie or Boston out, Steele up, Gray in. That gives me Bont as cover for both F and M

Reactions: J-Dog

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
If I was to bring in Steele for Hogan, one of Steele or Lambert would move to the mids when trading out Boston or McKenzie in a few weeks to provide that versatility.

Understand the thinking behind McKernan, but with the trades I've got up my sleeve I would look to use those to cover a ruck injury.

Up forward, I wouldn't mind Gray in there and Bont as F7. That could be done by Hogan to Steele. Then McKenzie or Boston out, Steele up, Gray in. That gives me Bont as cover for both F and M
Sounds very solid, Gray will be cheap soon and I think is as close to must have as you can get in the fwd line, and Bont would be excellent cover.
Just out of curiosity, where are you ranked atm? Team seems very well set up :)

Apr 29, 2015
Sounds very solid, Gray will be cheap soon and I think is as close to must have as you can get in the fwd line, and Bont would be excellent cover.
Just out of curiosity, where are you ranked atm? Team seems very well set up :)

Have made my way up to a season high ranking of 1,290. Been lucky to dodge a lot of the injuries and to avoid mid pricers who have flopped like Lumumba, Mayes and MacMillan who I was thinking very strongly as starting defenders.

Reactions: J-Dog

BigKev

Aspiring Coach
Jun 23, 2015
Adelaide
Have 20 players on field this week, but 1 or 2 may be candidates for the sub. Hoping Oxley's 51 gets cancelled out, but doubt it would.
Hodge : in...Lever : out.

Really wanted to keep Lever, unfortunately had to go :(....so I can get Hodge..

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Have 20 players on field this week, but 1 or 2 may be candidates for the sub. Hoping Oxley's 51 gets cancelled out, but doubt it would.
Hodge : in...Lever : out.

Really wanted to keep Lever, unfortunately had to go :(....so I can get Hodge..

I should be fine for Subs now that Lambert escapes, but had to field Pearce (Freo rookie) and his lame 34, which i hope i don't get as i could only put 19 on the park.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Bit freakin' sad that Lambert then copped the red ...

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
My final bye upgrade was bringing Tom Mitchell into the forward line. I have 20 starters and if all goes well from here then his score won't even count. Fuming.