Bye upgrades

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I rejigged my trading plan last night after the game.
spent hours on It during the week after everyone in bed and managed to get a 19/22/21 set up even with the outside.
I have a full premium team now for rnd 16 not 14 bit will also have premium bench cover in mids and fwds.
I'm worried y now though as it leaves me with 3 trades for 7 rounds but the premier bench cover I suppose is worth a trade each which I won't use if it happens.
I'm doing it anyway., blow saving trades for what if's.
how's your team liking doddy?
Btw mine = 7500 atm.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Next week looking at trading out Oxley and Saad for Houli and Hamling, then the following week Clark+Tarrant for Sloane and Smith... your thoughts on smith managing to get back to form?

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Would do Sloan this week coming up as his b/e is achievable whereas I feel Smith probably won't make his which also gives you another week to assess it. plus Sloan can go big and would hate to miss one of his 150+ ones. Still do houli and hamling if you can but I would prioritize sloane as #1 trade.
Just make the decision write it down so It's actually physically exists and stick to It. Second guess yourself and you'll end up like me a cantankerous old batard.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
hahaha, alright, I can easily bring in Smith next week I just need to trade out Clark next week... which is what I'll do if he doesn't line up anyway, thanks

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
My team is looking Ok still a little work to do as i eluded to earlier, but if what i have mapped out works over the next 2 weeks should see me field at least 20 each week. That may change obviously with selections and injuries. Should be full premo by R15-16 with bench cover, but will have (should have) 6 trades left but not with premo cover on the pine more like mid pricers, unlike yourself.

Good to see your moving the right direction Judderds, and if i remember correctly big moves too, you were outside the top 11k a couple back were'nt you?
I'm sitting just outside the top 4k at the moment but a little nervous due to this round.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I usually love the byes. You can move forward so much. Have to hold the line and structure pre bye rounds Is the key.
I have had a quick look at at few random teams high up In rankings and some are balanced but there are really heaps with about 6 premium mids out In rnd 12. I think the top team had Fyfe, Mundy, Neale, jpk, peddles or close to that. There will be big ground made up If sorted, can't help the Injuries and everyone has to deal with them because of the high % ownership anyway. you'll be right doddy any pods I should Barack for this weekend for you? Don't worry about doing It for me. I s hook my head when Kelly went down. Here's hoping I don't have to count his fkn 9. I have 19 playing.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Nah, pretty light on with POD's this weekend but the next few weeks i do have my eye on a couple that i hope will help me out. Here's hoping you don't have to count that dirty 9, i can't believe you held him i have no discipline when i hear 4 weeks. Unfortunately though does look like Kelly maybe stuffed for a few more.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I have backline issues but don't like the upgrades at the moment, seriously thinking of trading Selwood, I'm becoming more and more convinvced that he isn't a Premo.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm making one upgrade in the backline this week with Kelly (Adel) to Simpson. Hopefully this will give me at least 50-60 extra points down there a week.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
That's a pretty big ask - you sure you'll get even close to that?

Kelly only averaging around 50, and i'm hoping with Carltons SOS on the way home that Simpson can average 100, he's starting to find the pill more. Fingers crossed, as they say no guts no glory!

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I haven't seriously considered trading Selwood because everyone knows what he's capable of. But if he will only average 90 or so from here then surely he can't be worth keeping as an out and out premo. Pains me to say it because I love the way he goes about it. But maybe I have to take the risk that he goes on a run and go with the boring consistency of Pendles instead. Decisions decisions.

Cool9

Assistant Coach
Apr 27, 2015
With each passing week it becomes less worthwhile trading for 10 points per game. 10 ppg x 10 weeks = 100 points for cost of a trade. I'm backing Selwood in.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
With each passing week it becomes less worthwhile trading for 10 points per game. 10 ppg x 10 weeks = 100 points for cost of a trade. I'm backing Selwood in.

In theory if you traded him this week you'd get the score that Selwood wouldn't get this week plus whatever the other player gets more than Joel. Does say 200 points interrest you? :)

Cool9

Assistant Coach
Apr 27, 2015
True. Sweetens the deal a bit but maybe not saving an entire dog-nut. If already fielding 18 this week the difference will be Joel's replacement minus the lowest score. Would you take 150? ;)

I reckon the next 154 from Selwood is just around the corner!

Might be fun to pick the hypothetical trade in target and check again at rnd 23. Who you bringing in?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
True. Sweetens the deal a bit but maybe not saving an entire dog-nut. If already fielding 18 this week the difference will be Joel's replacement minus the lowest score. Would you take 150? ;)

I reckon the next 154 from Selwood is just around the corner!

Might be fun to pick the hypothetical trade in target and check again at rnd 23. Who you bringing in?

Sloane is the obvious one I think if he wasn't traded in already, but Watson is the one I'm really looking hard at

Apr 29, 2015
After 3 downgrades prior to Rd 11 (Krakoeur, McIntosh, CEY to Hamling, Pearce, Boston) gave me a war chest of about $700K-$800K, I made 3 upgrades prior to Rd 12 (Brown, Miller, Saad to Houli, Cotchin, Sloane).

That left me with a team that needed 1 FWD to have an almost finalised team - Newnes at D5, Oxley at D6, Wallis at M8 and Bont at F6, each of which I am quite comfortable with at the moment.

So the plan for this week at the moment is to go Clark and Tarrant to Franklin and Lambert. That basically gives me a full side, with $200K in the bank. That $200K will be used to trade Oxley when he stops being viable.

I am wondering whether I use my 3rd trade this week to build the bank further and give me more flexibility in the future by trading Hogan to Steele.

I will mull over that decision today and tomorrow.

Team as it stands, with $200K in the bank and 12 trades left is:

DEF - Shaw, Houli, Murphy, Taylor, Newnes, Oxley | Hamling, Pearce
MID - Fyfe, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Ellis, Sloane, Selwood, Wallis, Cotchin | Cripps, McKenzie, Boston
RUC - Goldstein, Naitanui | O'Brien
FWD - Martin, Swan, Goddard, Franklin, Mitchell, Bontompelli | Hogan, Lambert

Reactions: M4TT B8S