Ablett, Fyfe, Pendles and Danger

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
Was keen on Hall when preseason began (October) all the way through into the new year.. then my faith wavered a bit with all the naysaying and seeing how he fitted into different SC team structures.. but now I think I'm back on him. Freako mentioned that he attended a comp-high 89% of centre bounces across the first 2 NAB games. It's certainly true that he only really got that midfield shot last year after everyone else went down - but guess what, Swallow has another LTI and we likely won't see him til mid-season.. Jaeger sounds like he'll be lucky to be playing NEAFL by Rd6.. Prestia we haven't seen yet.. and lo and behold Hall has been playing heavy midfield minutes again this year. If he does well again this week, it's not going to be easy to start without him..

Priced at his 79 average - but he averaged 89 without the vests and came home like a train averaging 114 over the last 7 rounds playing as a pure mid. 25 years old so not a youngster..

Cheaper than:
- T.Greene (guaranteed mid time?)
- Z.Merrett (Bombers will suck, can't see him averaging much more than 100 (if that tbh))
- D.Smith (probably won't have THAT much more mid time)
- S.Gray (very pricey, absolutely needs to be a keeper at that price)
- Buddy (no thanks, he might roam up the ground but i can't see him playing heavy midfield minutes; has missed at least 3 games each year since 2009)

I don't mind Hall at all as an F3 at that price!

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Was keen on Hall when preseason began (October) all the way through into the new year.. then my faith wavered a bit with all the naysaying and seeing how he fitted into different SC team structures.. but now I think I'm back on him. Freako mentioned that he attended a comp-high 89% of centre bounces across the first 2 NAB games. It's certainly true that he only really got that midfield shot last year after everyone else went down - but guess what, Swallow has another LTI and we likely won't see him til mid-season.. Jaeger sounds like he'll be lucky to be playing NEAFL by Rd6.. Prestia we haven't seen yet.. and lo and behold Hall has been playing heavy midfield minutes again this year. If he does well again this week, it's not going to be easy to start without him..

Priced at his 79 average - but he averaged 89 without the vests and came home like a train averaging 114 over the last 7 rounds playing as a pure mid. 25 years old so not a youngster..

Cheaper than:
- T.Greene (guaranteed mid time?)
- Z.Merrett (Bombers will suck, can't see him averaging much more than 100 (if that tbh))
- D.Smith (probably won't have THAT much more mid time)
- S.Gray (very pricey, absolutely needs to be a keeper at that price)
- Buddy (no thanks, he might roam up the ground but i can't see him playing heavy midfield minutes; has missed at least 3 games each year since 2009)

I don't mind Hall at all as an F3 at that price!
He's definitely worth a long hard look. I'm playing around with a few "In Case of No GAJ" scenarios at the moment and Hall is one of them that I'm leaning towards strongly. I'm already set on Lonergan down back, so having 2 risky Suns could be an issue.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
He's definitely worth a long hard look. I'm playing around with a few "In Case of No GAJ" scenarios at the moment and Hall is one of them that I'm leaning towards strongly. I'm already set on Lonergan down back, so having 2 risky Suns could be an issue.
But very rewarding if they perform like you expect them too.

Reactions: Steve