Ablett, Fyfe, Pendles and Danger

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
If I can only fit 2 of these 4 in, who do I take and why?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Well Fyfe is the only one of the four that I've left out for what it worth. I'm not too worried by the talk of more forward time. Preseason injury a slight concern. History of not playing 22. Highest priced of the four ...

Hard to split the other three. All at a similar price. All solid picks.

Reactions: Prospector

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Ablett and Pendles.

I have nothing against the other picks, Danger best career season but no reason why he can't repeat it, Fyfe I think will improve on 2015 as insane as that sounds but I don't think he'll get suspended for atleast 2 weeks before the byes so I'm happy to miss him for his holiday and see how he goes with his injury

Pendles can't get worse than an 116 average, he'll go back up into the 120s just look at his previous season averages, first time since 2010 he averaged under 124, and Ablett's done all preseason just missing out on a bit of match practice with a foot injury, but he's got the fitness and Gaz doesn't need match practice, you can pick him confidently to average 130-140. In 2014 if you take our his injury game and the game where Dogs practically used half the midfield to stop him he was averaging ~150 hahaha (which would price him at 800k) [if memory serves me correctly]

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
interesting one.

GAJ and Fyfe coming back from injuries, so i would have to go with Pendles and Danger, but am a little worried about what output Danger will have at the cats

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
interesting one.

GAJ and Fyfe coming back from injuries, so i would have to go with Pendles and Danger, but am a little worried about what output Danger will have at the cats

Why the concern? Geelong needed a contested ball clearance freak thats the role he'll play, if anything I reckon he'll start better than most seasons.

Reactions: cactus

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
I would argue that Danger is most damaging when someone else wins the ball and gives it to him. At the Crows Scott Thompson played this role.
The Dangerfield + J Selwood combo must have Cats fans salivating. Both players can win their own ball and both can break packs and kick goals.

Back on topic my team atm has Ablett, Pendles & Danger. If I was to only pick two it would probably be Ablett & Pendles.

Reactions: The Kraken

Muddiemoose

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 6, 2015
Been playing around quite a lot with this issue at this point gaz and Pendles are the only two that have consistently been in all of my drafts
I like the idea of sitting on Fyfe until byes just to see how he is fairing for the season just with role and injury concerns

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I have Ablett and Fyfe, and I've had Pendles for ages, never really taken him out, but at the moment it's very close for Danger vs Pendles for me

History obviously suggests Pendles, but we don't live in the past and Pendles potentially playing a lot of the game in the back half means Danger could be the better pick

Reactions: cactus

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Someone else posted earlier that Pendles tweeted not much will change in his role. Mid time with a few more rests in the forward line

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
It twisted my team into a knot so I can put in Fyfe, Pendles, GAJ, Danger, Rocky and Libba. Obviously it can only work if the rooks fall in the right places. If I have to drop one it will probably be Fyfe - Fyfe or Danger - but I want them all.

Reactions: Dino

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
It twisted my team into a knot so I can put in Fyfe, Pendles, GAJ, Danger, Rocky and Libba. Obviously it can only work if the rooks fall in the right places. If I have to drop one it will probably be Fyfe - Fyfe or Danger - but I want them all.
This year we seem to have a good amount of decent mid pricers and rookies allowing us to fit them in but it is heavily reliant on the rookies. The only 1 I don't have is Pendles. Not sure I have enough balls to try to fit in the six of them. If you can find a way to fit them all in, it will be 1 hell of a ride.

Reactions: Steve and cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
This year we seem to have a good amount of decent mid pricers and rookies allowing us to fit them in but it is heavily reliant on the rookies. The only 1 I don't have is Pendles. Not sure I have enough balls to try to fit in the six of them. If you can find a way to fit them all in, it will be 1 hell of a ride.
This is what I'm toying with currently. Outside Dusty and Barlow, I just can't pick any forwards over 400k with any confidence at all that they will be top 10 come end of the year. And because there's not 5 or 6 mid rookies screaming "pick me", it makes it much easier to load up on forward rookies than other years. Its a recipe for disaster but goddamn it's one sexy looking midfield with those 6 locked and loaded.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
This is what I'm toying with currently. Outside Dusty and Barlow, I just can't pick any forwards over 400k with any confidence at all that they will be top 10 come end of the year. And because there's not 5 or 6 mid rookies screaming "pick me", it makes it much easier to load up on forward rookies than other years. Its a recipe for disaster but goddamn it's one sexy looking midfield with those 6 locked and loaded.

Aaron hall up fwd? Pricey and sample size of his good scores only small but has mpp mid fwd link and i was impressed with 15 tackles in a nab game. Shows workrate and imagine Gc will be big improver with gaj, prestia, omeara and swallow (eventually) back this season. With him in my team fwd i can then have gaj, pendles, parker, rocky as my four elites which i consider on a par with the fyfe danger one. Especially as it suits my bye structure. Think danger and fyfe after bye for me - danger can be a horrible starter to seasons and makes you sweat till a 175 in about round 6. Its so hard as so many elites coming off injury layoff - parker, fyfe but showing irresistible form early in nab. We wait for the son of god!