Rd 3 trades

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
What do i do with B crouch? hold? was going to trade in papley for gresham or degoey and rocky to a premo? do i just bench b crouch?

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Holding Barlow and Rich. Should I be trading out Gresham for Hartley (via DPP) just to get a correction done this week or have another look at Hartley. 30 trades still in the bank I'm kind of just looking for something to do.
Should I sit on my hands or just make the Gresham>Hartley trade this week to free up two trades next week just in case?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Some interesting info from Fantasy Freko. This is for those thinking of Parker this week.

Only one three figure score for Parker from 6 career games vs GWS Giants (116) for an average of 86.

Food for thought

Reactions: smirski

harry

May 11, 2015
Hi guys

I am thinking of trading rocky, but i don't know who to bring in. I have 580K, so I can't afford R.gray, which was my first choice
Furthermore, I am not really sold on parker or mitchell, as sydney had a comfortable win.
I am thinking of choosing one of - ward, dusty, lewis, trelor, or blicavs

my current midfield is - fyfe, ablett, danger, JPK, wines, rockliff, libra, crouch

Thanks in advance

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
Holding Barlow and Rich. Should I be trading out Gresham for Hartley (via DPP) just to get a correction done this week or have another look at Hartley. 30 trades still in the bank I'm kind of just looking for something to do.
Should I sit on my hands or just make the Gresham>Hartley trade this week to free up two trades next week just in case?

If you have no other issues then I'd wait a week and see what's what

I don't see Hartley as a must have and remember all Essendon rookies had an inflation last week with the win

If they get belted don't expect what we got last week

Reactions: mdola2

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015

I think there are no more impactful trades you can do all season than this week!
Double trading this week is a MUST unless you have a perfect team!

Trade my friend!

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
I think there are no more impactful trades you can do all season than this week!
Double trading this week is a MUST unless you have a perfect team!

Trade my friend!
I don't have injuries apart from Rich, I've got all the must-have rookies and I'm reasonably happy with the rest of my premiums. Ive missed a few in Parker/Hall/JJ but you can't get them all and I'm not convinced sideways trading Barlow and/or Rich to get them in is a great move.

I have enough wiggle room with my cash to make a correction next week if Barlow looks like a bust but with 25,000 coaches trading him out he could potentially be a great POD if he comes good... I'm nervous about it though...

Reactions: Prospector

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
I don't have injuries apart from Rich, I've got all the must-have rookies and I'm reasonably happy with the rest of my premiums. Ive missed a few in Parker/Hall/JJ but you can't get them all and I'm not convinced sideways trading Barlow and/or Rich to get them in is a great move.

I have enough wiggle room with my cash to make a correction next week if Barlow looks like a bust but with 25,000 coaches trading him out he could potentially be a great POD if he comes good... I'm nervous about it though...

Post your team and lets take a look mate.
its a very "rare" team that cant take advantage of round 3 price changes.

trade trade trade

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Keeping Barlow. Trading Rocky. One trade only. My team isn't perfect obviously but I won't be sideways trading in round 3 only to curse having 3 trades left in round 17.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Is it a bad idea to trade Gresham to Oliver or Hewett?
I already have Parish, just wonder whether it's a bad idea to have 3 players around the 200,000 mark in midfield? Anyone have an idea how likely Hewett is to keep his spot?

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I already have Parish, just wonder whether it's a bad idea to have 3 players around the 200,000 mark in midfield? Anyone have an idea how likely Hewett is to keep his spot?

Hewett is the least safe of the 3 Sydney rookies.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
What's the reason behind trading Gresham? He is just as likely to come back next week as Hewett is to get dropped.

Reactions: Prospector

jester5au

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
May 1, 2015
Hi guys

I am thinking of trading rocky, but i don't know who to bring in. I have 580K, so I can't afford R.gray, which was my first choice
Furthermore, I am not really sold on parker or mitchell, as sydney had a comfortable win.

my current midfield is - fyfe, ablett, danger, JPK, wines, rockliff, libra, crouch

Thanks in advance
Blicavs would me a massive POD

Your mids look strong enough may be better of strengthening your fed line with a Martin type

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Hi guys

Thanks in advance
I had the money to get to Grey so that is where I've gone but if those you quote I quite like Ward. Reckon he's a good chance to boost his average from last year especially if Mummy holds together for a while ... famous last words I guess.

Reactions: jester5au

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What do i do with B crouch? hold? was going to trade in papley for gresham or degoey and rocky to a premo? do i just bench b crouch?
Yup. That's what I'm doing. Rocky > Grey (VC) and Gresh > Pap via DPP. Crouch hopefully on field carrying the C ... well that is the plan.

Don't get me wrong. In wish I hadn't picked Crouch at this point but I feel like he could still work out so might as well stick with him and find out.

Reactions: smirski

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
Hey Guys,

Considering no trades this round, which goes against conventional wisdom. I have all the 'must haves'.

Biggest questions marks in my team are D.Rich, M. Barlow, T. Greene, J. Gresham and then there is T. Rockliff.

I'm pretty content to hold form on Rich, Barlow.... Greene I don't mind persisting with also.

My main point of not wanting to trade is there isn't any stand-out options to go to. E.g. Rich to JJ would be a sideways trade with a similar risk profile. While I have $20, 700 in the Bank the only guys trading Rocky too I would consider is Parker, but I'm against going with the masses/bandwagon on that one. I'd rather hold Rocky and target a Pendles type in 2-3 rounds (although I understand having Rockliff and his underused $$$ on the bench is also a poor option).

Similarly I could sideways a Greene/Barlow too a more 'certain' type like a J. Gunston or value type like Z. Merret/ L. Frankling and potentially gain a benefit by lessening my risk profile, but if Greene/Barlow conform back to the mean/expectations then this looks like a wasted trade also.

Can someone give me some thoughts please? I'm not saying I'm sitting here pretty with no issues, I just don't have a obvious issue or target (Rocky would be the biggest priority to trade I suppose).

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
Really didn't want to get rid of Barlow but I really wanted r.gray in my side. So out goes Rockliff and Barlow, in comes Hall and gray

I like it, I'm generally 'hold your premiums mantra', but this is one round in the season where corrective sideways trades are justifiable.

Reactions: dtigani