Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Very happy with Parish as a Bombers supporter :p

In all seriousness, he is always there to receive the ball and gets in very good positions around the ground. Has very quick hands, which I noticed players using (Goddard), in tight spaces. Seems the real deal this guy.

Reactions: tabs

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Cheers guys. Yeah its tough.

Parish @ $200K averaging 83 Good JS
v
Davis @ $100K averaging 60 OK JS until JOM, Swallow return

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Cheers guys. Yeah its tough.

Parish @ $200K averaging 83 Good JS
v
Davis @ $100K averaging 60 OK JS until JOM, Swallow return
Swallow is a fair way off still and I would imagine you won't see JOM for another 4 - 5 weeks.

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
Not knocking Parish but I'd take Davis and the 100K. I like the idea of the cheaper mature age-er over the expensive young guy. That's a little rule of thumb I have for myself ... doesn't work 100% of the time but does seem to work more often than not.

Parish priced to average 38, R.Davis priced to average 19. Given the ~20pt difference in average over the first 2 rounds they're basically breaking even at this point. IF you thought they'd average the same from here, Parish would get to $350k quicker given his higher base but Davis would generate more cash - big IF though

FWIW Bombers have "only" played GC and Dees so far - Port, Cats and Pies over the next 3 weeks should prove to be tougher opponents. Given his higher $ base, Parish "only" has a -48 B/E this week (vs Adams/Papley -149 B/E).. If Parish gets an 80 against Port he'll "only" go up $40-50k (while Adams/Papley should jump $70-80k with a good score) - we'd then get another crack at Parish next week at $240-250k.

Personally think Parish might be suited to DT (where he's averaging 99.5 so far) on the assumption the Bombers should find it tough going this year. I'd say he's a must have in that format, less so in SC - but that could all change with a ton this week

Reactions: Dino and Steve

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Parker vs Gray vs S Mitchell. I love Mitchell think hes the best inside mid in the game, plus a huge pod only thing i hate is that hes more expensive than parker and as expensive as robbie gray. But in saying that you get what you pay for :)

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Parker vs Gray vs S Mitchell. I love Mitchell think hes the best inside mid in the game, plus a huge pod only thing i hate is that hes more expensive than parker and as expensive as robbie gray. But in saying that you get what you pay for :)

I have Gray so him. That leaves you with Parker or Mitchell. I'm trading rocky to Parker. Parker has the higher ceiling imho and scores better because of his ability to hit the scoreboard. He's incredibly strong overhead and grabs more contested marks as well. All big pluses over Titch. Titch will go 105 + average. Easy. But Parker could go close to 120 by year end.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I have Gray so him. That leaves you with Parker or Mitchell. I'm trading rocky to Parker. Parker has the higher ceiling imho and scores better because of his ability to hit the scoreboard. He's incredibly strong overhead and grabs more contested marks as well. All big pluses over Titch. Titch will go 105 + average. Easy. But Parker could go close to 120 by year end.

Parker will miss games though, loves an injury.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Definite soft spot for Parker. Wanted the Dons to draft him and then watched him fork out his career at the Swans so far. I got him in his second year as a Midpricer and he started out strong, i was stoked. He had something like 50 in the first half and looked very very good. Then got knocked out by McDonald (Sub) and had a poor next game. Also got a knee knock injury and a shoulder injury that year, all from the contest. Credit to him though, he came back and posted some good scores, he is one tough sunofa____.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Definite soft spot for Parker. Wanted the Dons to draft him and then watched him fork out his career at the Swans so far. I got him in his second year as a Midpricer and he started out strong, i was stoked. He had something like 50 in the first half and looked very very good. Then got knocked out by McDonald (Sub) and had a poor next game. Also got a knee knock injury and a shoulder injury that year, all from the contest. Credit to him though, he came back and posted some good scores, he is one tough sunofa____.
Jude Bolton like and many call him JB jnr. Tackling machine

I too had Parker every year since he started even went him instead of Mitchell last year

Reactions: alrighty then

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
OK. I already have a packed midfield with Fyfe, Danger, GAJ, Robbie Gray, Pendles and Libba. I'm thinking of trading Brad Crouch up to another mid field premium and I thinking probably Parker or Tom Mitchell and I'm finding it very hard to split the two of them.

Parker
23years
93games
$577
Averaging 130 odd so far
Averaged 108 two years ago
Averaged only 99 last year but better with his injury score taken out
Question: Parker started last year very slow and didn't crack the ton til round 6 - can anybody remember why - did he have excuses then?

Titch
22years
38games
$580
Averaged something like 115 unsubbed last year

Anyone got a good idea of how to split these two?