X v. Y

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
"Liba v BCrouch v Hunter v Lloyd" are you looking 2 make 4 up-trades here?

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
"Liba v BCrouch v Hunter v Lloyd" are you looking 2 make 4 up-trades here?
Liba i will hold for the year, the others i will monitor and upgrade to prems when the prems have bottomed out.

I think Hunter and Lloyd can increase their output and average 95+

I think if Llooyd, and Hunter can get over 90, Liba over 100 and Crouch almost 100, then that can outscore 2 prems and 2 rookies

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Got a bit of a triple layered one here

Gibson or KK & J.Steele
Vs
Sheridan or Lonergan & T.Greene

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Excellent choices ... not sure I can split 'em.
  1. First off, I like Gibson over Sheridan. It's the other 4 I can't get satisfied on ... oh, and that ...
  2. ... numbering is automatic - I didn't mean or want to start a numbered list! and um ...
  3. ... I fear I'm not interpreting the question correctly, and ...
  4. ... I'd take Greene over Steele ...
  5. ... and ... Sheridan v. Lonergan is a nice choice. Stick with just one of them in your side ...
  6. ... you name who and lets see if I agree!

Last edited:

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Excellent choices ... not sure I can split 'em.
  1. First off, I like Gibson over Sheridan. It's the other 4 I can't get satisfied on ... oh, and that ...
  2. ... numbering is automatic - I didn't mean or want to start a numbered list! and um ...
  3. ... I fear I'm not interpreting the question correctly, and ...
  4. ... I'd take Greene over Steele ...
  5. ... and ... Sheridan v. Lonergan is a nice choice. Stick with just one of them in your side ...
  6. ... you name who and lets see if I agree!

Hmm I'm torn on this one... I really like the prospect of Steele taking over Treloars role, he's a tackling machine. I'm leaning towards Gibson over KK or Sheridan over Lonergan, I think it will come down to what mood I'm in come lockout!!

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Hmm I'm torn on this one... I really like the prospect of Steele taking over Treloars role, he's a tackling machine. I'm leaning towards Gibson over KK or Sheridan over Lonergan, I think it will come down to what mood I'm in come lockout!!
Whatever.

Spifflicator

Mar 15, 2016
First up, I am utterly mystified over why Greene is getting any interest at all. He has poor DE, hasn't had a role change, and is likely to score the same if not worse than last year. Why is he even in the frame?
Gibson and Steele for mine

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
First up, I am utterly mystified over why Greene is getting any interest at all. He has poor DE, hasn't had a role change, and is likely to score the same if not worse than last year. Why is he even in the frame?
Big Statement! Pls. provide the better forward options that fit every structure.

Spifflicator

Mar 15, 2016
I am simply questioning Greene. I am not going to wax lyrical on every other option, but IMO Steele is 50/50 to average higher for the season as he is a much better kick, is equally hard at the footy and appears to be a genuine mid as opposed to Greene who is a forward who roams around a bit. In many ways Steele reminds me of Ollie Wines. I would select Hall or Sam Gray in front of Greene as both have a more SC friendly role and both have shown signs of playing & scoring like mids. I know it's SuperCoach and I could be wildly wrong, but Greene seems a very odd pick to me as his upside appears so small.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Stevie J coming in to the fwds and Treloar out of the mids. This could spell more mid time for greene the tackling machine

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

He will have a roll tweak no doubt, with Johnson and Smith playing forward and more Mids resting forward he'll get more Mid rotations, don't forget GWS know what they have in Greene and as such no need to test him in the midfield too much during the preseason where'as Steele needed time in the middle.

Imo Steele isn't a great kick but his tackling pressure is fantastic and he finds the ball pretty well, I'd have Hall then Steele then Green in that order but the difference between the latter 2 is simply their price I think Greene will probably average a little more than Steele.

Reactions: Steve

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Jesse Lonergan vs Sheridan
Cripps vs Parker vs Shiel vs Ward vs Jack Stevens vs Sidebum vs Caddy

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Ward>Stevens>Parker>Sidey>Cripps>Shiel>Caddy
Lonergan>Sheridan

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Shiel>Ward>Steven>Parker>Sidey>Cripps>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Caddy
Lonergan>Sheridan

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Libba, Mills 125K Rookie

Vs

Mills, Oliver & Parish (& 72k to spend elsewhere)

Keep in mind I think Parish will have a good first year something like 15 games at 80.

Feeling most will say option 1 but just in case thought i'd ask.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Apart from Dea in the backs and Polk when injury free i dont really want to select any dons players.

Hence why im going Option 1. Also Liba plus a playing $125k rookie will outscore Parish and Oliver.

Can you get extra money from somewhere to turn the $125k rookie in to Oliver?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Libba, Mills 125K Rookie

Vs

Mills, Oliver & Parish (& 72k to spend elsewhere)

Keep in mind I think Parish will have a good first year something like 15 games at 80.

Feeling most will say option 1 but just in case thought i'd ask.
I have Libba and Mills but no Oliver or Parish so I guess my vote is option 1.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Apart from Dea in the backs and Polk when injury free i dont really want to select any dons players.

Hence why im going Option 1. Also Liba plus a playing $125k rookie will outscore Parish and Oliver.

Can you get extra money from somewhere to turn the $125k rookie in to Oliver?

Depends a little on R1 selection but most likely it'd have to come from B Kennedy, McCarthy, Menadue ect

B Crouch instead of Libba would probably work.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
I've been pretty set on my rucks but now I'm considering a change. My two options and their repercussions down back are:

1) R2 Martin and D4 Weitering
vs
2) R2 Nic Nat and D4 Lonergan

Option 2 feels like more risk but I'm leaning towards it. Thoughts appreciated.