Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
I just brought in Rodriguez, Contador and Froome. Hope to pick up some points tonight.

You reckon the climb at the end will suit them or they'll just push harder than the peloton to stretch out the finish?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I brought in some cheap climber types and went Tony Martin-Froome.
Like you FG, for the points for yellow and also because I think he'll do well tonight.
Waiting on picking other top climbers until after the Team Time Trial because:
Want to see who does well tonight. Evans won here when he won the tour. Whoever does well should be worth getting.
Need to down-price my team and Etixx could do well in the TTT.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
If the break gets cau
You reckon the climb at the end will suit them or they'll just push harder than the peloton to stretch out the finish?

If the break doesn't make it then yeah, they will feature in the top 5 tonight

And Rupert I wouldn't take notice of who does well on this climb. It's a nothing climb. It suited Cadel. That's why he won.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Who looks good for the team time trail lads, any predictions?
I'm happy with the changes so far, but i changed my team to MovieStar, to include the riders i needed.
Any chance to finish in the points for them?

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
1st: BMC
2nd: Movistar/Sky
3rd: Movistar/Sky/IAM/Astana/Tinkoff
4th: Movistar/Sky/IAM/Astana/Tinkoff
5th: Movistar/Sky/IAM/Astana/Tinkoff
6th: Whichever one of the above doesn't make it into the top 5

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
I'm happy with the changes so far, but i changed my team to MovieStar, to include the riders i needed.
Any chance to finish in the points for them?

Make sure you check the points in the game rules before doing any trades to decide if it's worth it. The TTT gets fewer points for individual riders, although every rider in the team gets the same points if they finish in a positon.

Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Normally you'd think Etixx and Orica would be among the favourites but Etix have lost their best in Tony Martin and Orica have 3 riders out due to crashes which pretty much ruins the chances of both.
Have to agree with Grater:
1. BMC; 2/3. Sky/Movistar
Don't really know enough to judge between the rest.

Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
#Grater:
You seem to really know your cycling.
Do you follow the cycling in general or just Le Tour? I prefer the one-day classics, myself.
Do you ride yourself?

Later: You beat me by 3 points in RDT. Beams as your "C" killed my Lewis as "C".

Last edited:

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Rupert;

I think Tinkoff Saxo makes top 3 tonight. If anyone could beat BMC tonight, it's them.

I follow cycling all year round. I love the classics. I think the Tour de France is too soft in terms of profiles for the riders. Although this year was a big improvement in that there isn't a bunch of flat stages. They still need bigger climbs though. For the Grand Tours I prefer the Giro d'Italia the best. They have balls.

You never see the Tour de France with stages like this.

http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/G...li_tecnici_altimetria_19.jpg?v=20150415150602

This was the best one last year raced in Snow.

http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/G...li_tecnici_altimetria_16.jpg?v=20140415152843

----

I finally won a match in RDT! Haha nice! Bad luck!

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I know the team ranked 5th overall in RDT

He's always good. You definitely want him in your league next year.

Everything fantasy went to shit for me this year from the start so getting a win this week was a big relief. Had a major personal situation to deal with at the start of the year and doing the team was the last thing on my mind in all formats including Dreamteam and Supercoach.

Reactions: Dino

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Not good to hear @Grater, hope it's all good now.
This is my first year playing RDT and this round saw my best total of 2433.
Also saw my best total ever in SC of 2606 with sub 70 scores from a couple included.

But on the Tour hoping that MovieStar team get me a few points tonight.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Grater:
I started by following Le Tour but once I discovered the classics! Well!
Then got a bit bored with the flat stage, the sameness, the lack of individual risk-taking in the tour. Love it when a GC contender really takes it up, eg Nibali last year.
But for so long only got Le Tour on TV and I had no access to Foxtel.
Now SBS shows some of the Classics and both the other grand tours which is great. And I have access to Foxtel with its Eurosport channel.
I did see that snow stage in the Giro last year thanks to Eurosport on Foxtel. Agree, the Gioro is better than Le tour but the Classics are the best as more "pure" racing.

Congrat.s to your friend. Only 300-odd points behind so still time. Hope he has some trades as he needs Rocky and Gaz.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
This is my first year playing RDT and this round saw my best total of 2433.
Also saw my best total ever in SC of 2606 with sub 70 scores from a couple included..

Well done, doddy.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Everything fantasy went to shit for me this year from the start so getting a win this week was a big relief. Had a major personal situation to deal with at the start of the year and doing the team was the last thing on my mind in all formats including Dreamteam and Supercoach.

I'm with doddy, hope all is good now. Fantasy is fun but not a priority when life calls.
Glad to help you to your first RDT win.
Both my RDT and SC have been ruined by injuries this year, but I strive.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Grater:
I started by following Le Tour but once I discovered the classics! Well!
Then got a bit bored with the flat stage, the sameness, the lack of individual risk-taking in the tour. Love it when a GC contender really takes it up, eg Nibali last year.
But for so long only got Le Tour on TV and I had no access to Foxtel.
Now SBS shows some of the Classics and both the other grand tours which is great. And I have access to Foxtel with its Eurosport channel.
I did see that snow stage in the Giro last year thanks to Eurosport on Foxtel. Agree, the Gioro is better than Le tour but the Classics are the best as more "pure" racing.

Congrat.s to your friend. Only 300-odd points behind so still time. Hope he has some trades as he needs Rocky and Gaz.

Not sure what he's doing trade wise and I think he has a few left, but I think he's trying to get a bit of a different team to the leaders. 300 points is nothing.

Yeah, SBS are showing a lot now which is good. I just stream them. During March-October I'm probably streaming races nearly every night lol. Even when I'm working, I will watch. There's a lot of tough races out there. Classics are great. I just want the Tour de France to do a classic style stage one of these years. 260+km with a few small hills.

I wish SBS would show the entire Vuelta Espana live as that has a lot more mountaintop finishes (9 mountain top finishes this year out of the 21), They are showing 12 this year compared to 8 the previous years so they are getting there slowly.

Here's one of them.

perfil_11.png

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Love it. What a great profile.
Since I've had access to Foxtel I've been able to watch the Vuelta too. Prefer the Girio but still happy to watch.

Was going to trade-in Tejay once I realised Greipel had lost the green but got to the site too late.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I'm not going to have Tejay in my big climbers.

I'm keeping Sagan for obvious reasons, but my big climbers will end up being; Contador, Quintana, Froome, Rodriguez - I can't afford Tejay. Although I might bring in Tejay instead.

On Tuesday I will make my last 5 trades and one of my cheap riders I'm going to gamble on them wearing the KOM jersey for a few stages. Might bring in Teklehaimanot but not sure how his body will handle being in the break everyday.

Whoever wins on Tuesday (one of the big climbers) will wear it but will then may lose it the next day. Or maybe they could hold it for that day too so I might not bring in a cheapie for that jersey.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Actually, the winner on Tuesday will get 50 points.

You would think that the break will survive the next day.

42 points are on offer. So even then the rider that wears it Tuesday has a strong chance to wear it Wednesday. In fact they would be guaranteed to.

Thursday there are 25 points on offer for a breakaway rider and then 50 points for the final climb, so if the break doesn't survive, the GC rider will wear the jersey that day too.

So don't need to worry about trading for a rider to wear the jersey. Chances are whoever wins on Tuesday will wear it all week unless the break wins on Thursday.

So I have to hope that one of Froome/Contador/Rodriguez/Quintana win the stage on Tuesday as I won't have any trades to trade in the GC guy with the Polka Dot jersey

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
My big four are Froome/Contador/Quintana/Van Garderen.
I really hoped Nibali would do well as I like the way he attacks races but he really hasn't looked the goods so far this tour.
Rodriguez has a good Grand Tour history but never won and he's getting old. So I think I'll avoid him.
Van Garderen did well enough in the Dauphine for me to think he might do well here.

I might be able to have 5 GC riders after the next lot of trades become available.