Tour de France

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I'm pumped up looking at Supercoach this week.

I'm sitting on 2015 with Gray, Martin, McDonald, Rockliff, Zorko and Beams to come.

If everyone lives up to their projected scores, it will be 2652.

Hoping to crack 2700.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Still 11th. Hope you all held on to Sagan. He can't seem to win but he's consistent. A really good pick-up.
Do feel for him: he's had 15 x 2nd place finishes in the last 2 tours without a win.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Love it

Eduardo Sepulveda has been disqualified by the jury after he broke his chain 23 kilometers from the finish of today's stage and hopped into the Ag2r team car to be brought back to his team manager Emanuel Hubert who had already passed him.

Sepulveda was 19th overall, 28'19 '' behind Chris Froome, and was looking forward to the Alpine stages where he hoped to move into the top 15 in his first Tour de France.

"I admit that I made a mistake," he said.F"irst of all, I want to apologize to my teammates who had shown me great confidence during the Tour, to Emmanuel Hubert and the entire staff and to the Bretagne-Séché Environnement team partners. And to all my Argentine fans who have followed me during the Tour.

"I regret this exclusion from the race, but I understand that everyone is very disappointed with what happened. I lack experience, it's my first Tour and I lived every moment with a lot of stress. This was the case in the finale of today's stage, and when I broke my chain and I couldn't find my team car, I panicked.

"I saw the car of Emmanuel Hubert stop a little earlier. I made the very bad decision of hopping into the AG2R-La Mondiale car. This is a huge mistake. But I do not want anyone to think that I'm a cheater. To be disqualified from my first Tour de France is the worst nightmare for me."

" We can not but change the decision of the commissaires," Hubert said. "Eduardo made a big mistake, he violated the regulation that clearly states that yoy will be disqualified from the race for this type of offense. But its application is very severe in the context. Eduardo was in a situation of panic. We can not explain it otherwise.

"At the top of Col de l'Escrinet, he broke his chain and was rescued by the AG2R team, who gave him a wheel thinking that was the problem. He was hidden by the car and I didn't see him. I stopped 100 metres further up and Eduardo, instead of coming to the car on foot, covered the 100 metres on the backseat of the AG2R car. There is nothing to say. The rules applied.

"I immediately understood what was going on when I saw the commissaires. I want to thank those who sent messages of sympathy. Laurent Jalabert said on France 2 that he found the decision to be unfair.

"We are all unhappy and I think about our partners who were so happy to see us every day beeing protagonist in this Tour de France. On their behalf and that of the whole team, I present our apologies to the organizers, ASO, who have trusted us since last year. We will have more to heart to show an offensive image in the last week of the Tour."

"We saw Eduardo at the roadside," Ag2r manager Vincent Lavenu said. "We stopped and he opened the door. We were going to give him a wheel but he hopped into the car. He was in a panic and we had to leave immediately as we couldn't disturb others. We drove less than hundred meters in our car. I understand the regulation but there is also the spirit. I am very disappointed for him as he is doing his first Tour. "

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
The next couple of stages are a bit hard to trade for, it seems.

Wondering if I should trade Roriguez to either Valverde or Sagan. Might also consider Thomas.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Grater
Given the history of shenanigans in the tour I can understand why Sepulveda was suspended but given the situation itself think it's a but harsh.
It isn't like the poor guy was trying to cheat. I mean, it wasn't even his own team car!

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Tonight is the last sprint stage before the Champs.
I'll probably trade in Sagan as it suits him and he has to win sooner or later.
Which of the GC are looking best, do you think?
I'm thinking Froome and Valverde with Quintana suited to the last week.
So I'm thinking of dropping Tejay and Contador.
Any thoughts?

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Contador must win a stage soon, or he looks a nit!

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I'm trying to work out who to bring in for Sepulveda. A few options, but it's hard. Leaning Demare for today and Paris.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Just brought in Demare. For the price range of 4 million or less there wasn't much on offer. I could go for a stage hunter, but went for someone that would get points today and on the last day.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
For me to crack 2700 I need Gray and Martin to score 265 between them.
Not totally out of the question, Grater. Good score whatever they get. Congrat.s

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Well Gray got 124 unofficially, so that's 2559 with Martin's score to come.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Not totally out of the question, Grater. Good score whatever they get. Congrat.s

Thanks. Will be my highest score. I've never reached 2600 before. Last year I reached 2590 one week and that was the highest I ever got in SC. So here's hoping Martin can score me 141.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
I'm more curious on where I will rank for the week.The weekly winner will get about 2800. So hopefully I can sneak into the top 100.

Grater

Development Coach
Jul 4, 2015
Tonight is the last sprint stage before the Champs.
I'll probably trade in Sagan as it suits him and he has to win sooner or later.
Which of the GC are looking best, do you think?
I'm thinking Froome and Valverde with Quintana suited to the last week.
So I'm thinking of dropping Tejay and Contador.
Any thoughts?

You need to trade in Sagan and you'll score points every day this week.

No idea on what GC guys trade in, but not worth trading any in until Wednesday.

Today could be a sprint, or a successful breakaway.
Tomorrow's is definitely going to the breakaway.
Then you have the rest day.

So it's highly doubtful that the GC guys will score you decent points today or tomorrow except the jersey wearers.

Then some of the stages between Wednesday and Friday could go to breakaway riders too, so it's really pot luck on who you trade in. The stage that is guaranteed to be contested by the GC guys is the Alp d'Huez stage on Saturday.