Rucks 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
TBH i'm not worried about JS he's No1 ruck now I reckon obviously in Geelong's setup that's doesn't mean 90% ruck time probably more like 70% which I think is enough, I couldn't find the stats but I'm hopeful despite not having high HO numbers that he has a good ratio of HOtA
Fair enough, I definitely see him as the best midpriced ruck by a long way

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Fair enough, I definitely see him as the best midpriced ruck by a long way

It's tricky again though as a Mid price option at R2 looks best with Goldy but as a upgrade plan I feel you want to be upgrading to Goldy not one of the chasing pack.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
It's tricky again though as a Mid price option at R2 looks best with Goldy but as a upgrade plan I feel you want to be upgrading to Goldy not one of the chasing pack.
Agree with that, the chasing pack potentially start with a bit of value if you get the right one... In my opinion Jacobs is the right one... If Zac averages 100-105 ish then it seems pointless to use a trade to get an extra 5 points per game. I think I'd only start Zac if you think Goldy is well overpriced

Could probably keep Goldy+Zac the whole year, don't think that would hurt too much

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
If I have Deledio then bye structure is a little fked, Gawn or Nic Nat as R2 would fix this issue, but I think they're only capable of 105 average where as Jacobs this year I see as 110+, someone convince me Gawn or Nic Nat is an awesome pick

Gawn vs Nic Nat

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Agree with that, the chasing pack potentially start with a bit of value if you get the right one... In my opinion Jacobs is the right one... If Zac averages 100-105 ish then it seems pointless to use a trade to get an extra 5 points per game. I think I'd only start Zac if you think Goldy is well overpriced

Could probably keep Goldy+Zac the whole year, don't think that would hurt too much

I had good hard look a Jacobs my issue in the end was the lack of Danger affecting his HOtA but if both Crouchs are in there but it doesn't matter.

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
why is no one talking about blicavs? The guy is an absolute beast, just keeps getting better every year!
at the moment he is above Gawn/Nic nat for me and maybe even jacobs.

just would like to see him play against a strong opposition side and with good weather conditions in nab 3.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I know i may sound as if im using my heart not my head but has anyone thought of kruzer? Back from injury interrupted prev 3 yra, last half of season ok for how we got handed our ass to us ( hawks twice in 6 weeks to finish), with cripps extracting maybe easier for those taps to advantage plus with gorringe, wood, levi and the yank on the list he may go fwd, although we call that resting fwd at carlton.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
why is no one talking about blicavs? The guy is an absolute beast, just keeps getting better every year!
at the moment he is above Gawn/Nic nat for me and maybe even jacobs.

just would like to see him play against a strong opposition side and with good weather conditions in nab 3.
I rate him, same bye as Goldstein sucks though

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
I know i may sound as if im using my heart not my head but has anyone thought of kruzer?
I can see him playing more fwd than ruck this year and i think carlton recruiting gorringe makes that even more likely, therefore averaging around 80 or less, also just isn't durable at all

Reactions: M4TT B8S

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I can see him playing more fwd than ruck this year and i think carlton recruiting gorringe makes that even more likely, therefore averaging around 80 or less, also just isn't durable at all

Thus why his price is not that of a premium ie mummy or goldy. His bye of rnd 13 is perfect for a goldy grimley combo and my info is he will play ruck first, rest forward and i believe phillips is ahead of gorringe for his partner at this stage.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
My combo at the moment is Goldy, Gawn and Currie... Would be perfect if Nicholls is injured around the byes

even if he's not I'm confident in Currie going fairly well this year

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I like Kruze this year. The other Carlton ruckman are spuds and he's definitely far more valuable as a ruck, he's a useless forward. His biggest ever goal haul is 3, and that was last year and he was playing in the ruck in that game, not as a forward!!! I reckon he'll play majority ruck and Phillips or Gorringe might play as a forward/ruck/bench.

I'd like him better if he was sub $450k. Another 90+ this week and I'm very tempted.

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Thus why his price is not that of a premium ie mummy or goldy. His bye of rnd 13 is perfect for a goldy grimley combo and my info is he will play ruck first, rest forward and i believe phillips is ahead of gorringe for his partner at this stage.
What I'm saying is that kruzer will play mainly fwd and wood/phillips/gorringe will ruck this year. after losing henderson, cartlon really only have levi as a key fwd.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
What I'm saying is that kruzer will play mainly fwd and wood/phillips/gorringe will ruck this year. after losing henderson, cartlon really only have levi as a key fwd.
I agree, Kreuz has the downside of Carlton being weak up forward, and Kreuz is much better inside 50 than a lot of the other Carlton rucks

Reactions: brenna

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I know i may sound as if im using my heart not my head but has anyone thought of kruzer? Back from injury interrupted prev 3 yra, last half of season ok ...
The problem with Kruz in a way is that he went OK in the second half of the year - he went well enough that he is not a real bargain price - but not so well that you'd think him a chance of matching it with the real elite rucks this year - he could be an OK pick but he just doesn't seem to make sense from a risk vs reward point of view.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
If I have Deledio then bye structure is a little fked, Gawn or Nic Nat as R2 would fix this issue, but I think they're only capable of 105 average where as Jacobs this year I see as 110+, someone convince me Gawn or Nic Nat is an awesome pick

Gawn vs Nic Nat
I'm not really keen on Gawn for a few of the reasons discussed earlier in this thread. He could be a good pick but there are a couple too many question marks for mine.

Nic Nat I reckon is very likely to be an awesome pick this year. Just outside my team but only because I'm rating Goldy and Stef very highly as well. Nic Nat is a nice price due to a slow start to last year. Worked into last year really well as his fitness improved. Has scored at a good keeper level over a full season previously (20 games). Nic Nat's form line is quite similar leading into this year to Goldy's leading into last year. Goldy, Stef and NicNat are the three in consideration for me.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I'm not really keen on Gawn for a few of the reasons discussed earlier in this thread. He could be a good pick but there are a couple too many question marks for mine.

Nic Nat I reckon is very likely to be an awesome pick this year. Just outside my team but only because I'm rating Goldy and Stef very highly as well. Nic Nat is a nice price due to a slow start to last year. Worked into last year really well as his fitness improved. Has scored at a good keeper level over a full season previously (20 games). Nic Nat's form line is quite similar leading into this year to Goldy's leading into last year. Goldy, Stef and NicNat are the three in consideration for me.
Pretty much my view except I like Jacobs where you like Stefan... Nic Nat averaged 115 after round 7 which is insane, I had him and Goldy all year, I think Gawn is slightly overrated as his only two big scores were against Essendon with no ruck and Geelong the week after Stanley went down

I think WC will drop this year, I thought that before NAB... Not basing that off their NAB challenge results at all. No real reason for it but just gut feel that out of Dogs and WC both surging in 2015 I see WC as the one to drop back down to 7th-10th

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Pretty much my view except I like Jacobs where you like Stefan... Nic Nat averaged 115 after round 7 which is insane, I had him and Goldy all year, I think Gawn is slightly overrated as his only two big scores were against Essendon with no ruck and Geelong the week after Stanley went down

I think WC will drop this year, I thought that before NAB... Not basing that off their NAB challenge results at all. No real reason for it but just gut feel that out of Dogs and WC both surging in 2015 I see WC as the one to drop back down to 7th-10th
I agree with WC dropping, mainly due to a much tougher draw. This is why I haven't really considered Nicnat. A bit hypocritical of me considering Stef is almost a lock for me!