Rucks 2016

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I dont see Currie getting games, he is purely there as cover if Nichols goes down. 2 metre Peter will help out in the ruck but not much imo

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Rhys Stanley is another midprice option I think he'll start the season as Geelong's No1 ruck & he'd just found his spot in the Geelong team then got injured averaging a touch over 80 (excluding his 2 score), my biggest issue with him isn't role risk or injury but for less than 20k more you can get Sinclair.

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I've got got Goldy and Lobbe atm, is there any reason why Lobbe shouldn't return to 2014 scoring and average at least 100?

Can't rule out the possibility that Lobbe might get back to 2014 scoring ... but I am a bit wary because I read someone saying they didn't think he was advantaged by the new ruck scoring that came in prior to 2015. At his price I'd be happy with any average over 100 but I'm pretty sure I'm going to let him run against me and load up on a couple of high priced proven performers in the ruck. Just have to work out which ones ...

Reactions: J-Dog

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Can't rule out the possibility that Lobbe might get back to 2014 scoring ... but I am a bit wary because I read someone saying they didn't think he was advantaged by the new ruck scoring that came in prior to 2015. At his price I'd be happy with any average over 100 but I'm pretty sure I'm going to let him run against me and load up on a couple of high priced proven performers in the ruck. Just have to work out which ones ...
Yeah good point, I do seem to remember him being a fairly poor tap ruckmen and just getting points from tackles. Set and forget might be the way to go

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I am a bit wary because I read someone saying they didn't think he was advantaged by the new ruck scoring that came in prior to 2015
that was me I think... His stats were almost identical to 2014 but his supercoach average dropped by 28 per game, Port's midfield was crap so he'll probably increase average to 85-95, I'm just not really a Lobbe fan though and think you can only really start a Ruck midpricer if you can swing him forward so he can be a keeper

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
He's been slotted in as a key forward. Will only play ruck if Stanley, Smith, Clark, and Blicavs all go down.

Clark probably won't play round 1 and I doubt Stanley and Smith will play in the same side, so Vardy will play CHF in front of Hawkins and then pinch hit in the ruck. Priced at just under 300k but I don't see him getting much higher than 400k. He will be incredibly inconsistent too. The DPP is very tempting though, and if you were looking at him as a stepping stone move to a 2nd premo ruck or upgrading him from say a starting F4 to an elite F5 early on, then it would be worth doing.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I thought they may play him in the ruck and use blicavs as a mid to ease the collision injuries from ruckwork. Blicavs is such a talent i am amazed at his development in the last 2 years. Could you imagine using a vardy / stanley / ?? In the ruck with selwood, danger and blicavs roving to them.
With hmac and dawson simpson gone i can see vardy getting time there through the season and with restricted interchange numbers and his altheticism and ability overhead can see him rotating with stanley / blicavs up forward. I want to watch there nab cup setup but i am keen on him in my fwd line - rnd 15 bye, mpp ruk fwd, geelong i think will be a force this year so decent scoring opportunity and they rate him at the club and they've been right more than wrong for a long time... Will watch him in nab cup and see.......

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Im pretty sure I read somewhere recently that Geelong dont want Vardy to play ruck as they want to protect his body. Given his injury history he is way too big of a risk to pick in supercoach. I would want him to be way cheaper before I would consider.

Reactions: Dr Bones and cactus

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
According to Scott the plan has always been for Vardy to be a key forward so I don't see him spending much time in the ruck this year at all. The fact that the club has recently recruited Stanley and Smith confirms this to be the case.

As FB says he really needs to be cheaper to be considered.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Im pretty sure I read somewhere recently that Geelong dont want Vardy to play ruck as they want to protect his body. Given his injury history he is way too big of a risk to pick in supercoach. I would want him to be way cheaper before I would consider.
According to Scott the plan has always been for Vardy to be a key forward so I don't see him spending much time in the ruck this year at all. The fact that the club has recently recruited Stanley and Smith confirms this to be the case.

As FB says he really needs to be cheaper to be considered.

What do you guys think of Stanley assuming he's named R1.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
What do you guys think of Stanley assuming he's named R1.
I agree with Doddy that he needs to be cheaper to be considered. Also, I'm not keen on Geelong rucks as their too injury prone.

Reactions: Steve and Fbdonkey

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I envisage the Cats playing one of Stanley / Smith as first ruck, one of Vardy / Clark as a key fwd / some (not much) ruck plus Blicavs as a mid / ruck / key position floater. He had some dominate games ruck-roving to Stanley last year, matching up on Pendles amongst others.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I envisage the Cats playing one of Stanley / Smith as first ruck, one of Vardy / Clark as a key fwd / some (not much) ruck plus Blicavs as a mid / ruck / key position floater. He had some dominate games ruck-roving to Stanley last year, matching up on Pendles amongst others.
This is spot on. Blitz will only ruck as a 3rd man up or if others are injured. Stanley and Smith won't fit in the same team assuming all of Clark, Vardy and Blicavs are best 22. A lot of risk involved in picking any of these guys tbh.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I think Blicavs will still score well, clearances, tackles, hit outs to advantage from 3rd man up situs l.

Reactions: Dino

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Something to note is Nicholls and Currie shared the ruck duties almost equally in the NAB game, Peter Wright had 0 hitouts and Eade seemed very keen to play both Currie and Nicholls, said the extra place on bench allows them to play both.

Reactions: cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Something to note is Nicholls and Currie shared the ruck duties almost equally in the NAB game, Peter Wright had 0 hitouts and Eade seemed very keen to play both Currie and Nicholls, said the extra place on bench allows them to play both.

Shame could entertain Nicholls if rucking mainly on his own.