Round 9 Trades

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Also I am thinking of going Hampton to Newman. He is going to make so much cash now .. he is a must have rookie.

Sadly, I traded him out last week to get Adams in.
He's not a rookie anymore, and from a base of 320k I don't think he'll make enough cash to be worth the trade. I'm in the same boat having cashed him in to EVW 2 weeks ago but ship has sailed in my eyes

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
SC gold estimates he will rise 100k in 2 weeks to $426k, has a -20 BE.

If I keep Hampton he will probably go from 287k down to 280k, back to 290k or so.

426k-290k = 136k - 40k inital upgrade = 96k.

It seems hard to leave 85-96k on the table.

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
I need to trade in a fwd for under 476k without a R11 bye, so that leaves Devon Smith, Jeremy Cameron or Shaun Higgins. Thoughts?

Also, any thoughts on which GWS player might benefit from Coniglio being out?

Thanks

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Also I am thinking of going Hampton to Newman. He is going to make so much cash now .. he is a must have rookie.

Sadly, I traded him out last week to get Adams in.
SC gold estimates he will rise 100k in 2 weeks to $426k, has a -20 BE.

If I keep Hampton he will probably go from 287k down to 280k, back to 290k or so.

426k-290k = 136k - 40k inital upgrade = 96k.

It seems hard to leave 85-96k on the table.

its a waste of 2 trades getting him in again and then out again. Also doesnt have the JS even though Macca is out again.

Why didnt you trade Hampton last week?? He might make his 70 BE this week against a rockyless Lions

Reactions: qarocks

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
its a waste of 2 trades getting him in again and then out again. Also doesnt have the JS even though Macca is out again.

Why didnt you trade Hampton last week?? He might make his 70 BE this week against a rockyless Lions

I have 22 trades left, so I can "afford" to waste one to (in theory) generate a bunch of cash.
I traded out Newman instead of Hampton, purely because Newman was never getting a game and could I get Adams with him.
Hampton at home playing the dees was a rough chance to score well, but that didn't work out either haha (I am a dees supporter).
With rookies on the bench like Hibberd/Fisher/Parsons/Eddy cash is hard to come by. Newman looks like a good money maker.

Edit ** also had an 80 avg before the 157, so he can score when getting a game.

Maybe FB will see this post and let me know if it is a good move or not.

Jason14

Mar 7, 2016
I am thinking Williamson & butler out for jjk and Myers (dpp moving Lloyd into defence). I am worried Williamson has some cash to make still but round 11 looks ordinary for me and my ranking is slipping due to treloar, Greene, nankervis, swallow on pine in the last two weeks. Won't have much cash left after above. But any thoughts on these trades are welcome.

Reactions: Rob86

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
I have 22 trades left, so I can "afford" to waste one to (in theory) generate a bunch of cash.
I traded out Newman instead of Hampton, purely because Newman was never getting a game and could I get Adams with him.
Hampton at home playing the dees was a rough chance to score well, but that didn't work out either haha (I am a dees supporter).
With rookies on the bench like Hibberd/Fisher/Parsons/Eddy cash is hard to come by. Newman looks like a good money maker.

Just be aware that the SC Gold estimate only works if he keeps scoring 94 points each week. If he puts in a couple of 40's or 50's he won't get anywhere near the price they are quoting. The same thing happened with Brandon Matera and people traded him expecting to make 150K, but a few low scores meant he only went up 60K and it was a bit of a waste. Good luck if you try it.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm another one who's looking at bringing Newman back in. I know I've missed the big score but the price jump means it's a much cleaner swap to an elite defender through the byes. If he has another decent score in him, what are the chances of him pushing up close to 500k?

I strongly doubt I'll end up doing it but goddamn it's tempting.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
21 Trades - 128k. Advice re Bye planning and trades this week?
Shaw, Tuohy, Otten, Newmann, Marchbank, Berry (Hampton, Hibberd)
Adams, Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, JPK, Macrae, Merrett, Pepper, (Beams, Barrett, Balik)
Martin, Sandi (Strnadica)
Nank, Buddy, Roughy, Dahl, Taranto, Butler (Eddy, Parsons)

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Just be aware that the SC Gold estimate only works if he keeps scoring 94 points each week. If he puts in a couple of 40's or 50's he won't get anywhere near the price they are quoting. The same thing happened with Brandon Matera and people traded him expecting to make 150K, but a few low scores meant he only went up 60K and it was a bit of a waste. Good luck if you try it.

Of course a low score would hurt, but he was averaging 80 in losses before this big game so there is slightly less risk there. I would be confident of an 70-80 avg rather than 40-50.

Also with a -20 BE he will make cash, while Hampton is treading water at 290k.

All depends if he gets a game this week.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I need to trade in a fwd for under 476k without a R11 bye, so that leaves Devon Smith, Jeremy Cameron or Shaun Higgins. Thoughts?
Thanks
Will this player remain in your team as a prem for the rest of the year? If so that is a worry. Looking through the list of players Brad Hill is a standout

Also, any thoughts on which GWS player might benefit from Coniglio being out?

Thanks
de boer could come in.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Adams, Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, JPK, Macrae, Merrett, Pepper, (Beams, Barrett, Balik)

I went Butler to Myers this week, using Taranto DPP.
Myers is pretty much lockish, so I would suggest you trade him in.

You could trade out Butler, move McCrae to the FWDs and then bring in Myers.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015

Edit ** also had an 80 avg before the 157, so he can score when getting a game.

yeah but you dropped him as he wasnt getting a game and now you are trading him back in with no JS. Remember he wasnt selected for the weekend and was a late inclusion

Reactions: Prospector

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Did you make any trades last week?? I would trade Otten, move Adams back and get a rookie mid

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
So my team reads as follows:

Laird, Shaw, Hibberd, Marchbank, Otten, Newman (Berry, Stewart)
Danger, JPK, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Oliver, J.Lloyd, Steele, SPP (Barrett, Balic, Hibberd)
Martin, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Dahlhaud, Macrae, Nank, Heeney, Higgins, WHE (Hannan, Parsons)

So I have 310k in the bank and 18 trades. Highlighted are keepers. Only going for league wins. I plan on using 3 more trades then having a big hiatus from trading.

I'm stuck on trading for this week. Initally, I was thinking

Otten -> Dusty via Lloyd
SPP -> Myers

this leave me with 330k to do an upgrade next week.

Now I'm sort of leaning towards Otten -> Docherty & SPP to Myers which will leave me with about 250k.

Ay suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Sorry guys, not to be annoying but does anybody have any thoughts on the above? Any advice would be great. Thanks

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Sorry guys, not to be annoying but does anybody have any thoughts on the above? Any advice would be great. Thanks

Great team. In much better shape than mine. Guessing you'd be ranked fairly high?

Are you worried about having to carry Hibberd through the byes? I have Pickett in that M10 spot and will be moving him to Myers this week. Sure it doesn't net much cash at all but it gets rid of a dead rookie and keeps the cash flowing for future trades.

I'd look at Hibberd-Myers + Otten-Dusty and then I'd look at upgrading whichever one of SPP/WHE you can afford for a good option the following week.

You'll be setup very well.

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
I'm another one who's looking at bringing Newman back in. I know I've missed the big score but the price jump means it's a much cleaner swap to an elite defender through the byes. If he has another decent score in him, what are the chances of him pushing up close to 500k?

I strongly doubt I'll end up doing it but goddamn it's tempting.

Traded him two weeks ago as well but I think I've decided it's too risky. He basically has to be a premium for myself to justify it (used quite a few trades).

Hibberd is a great cheap premium option for just 100k more.

Reactions: Steve and J-Dog

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015

Butler-Myers (Macrae DPP)
Hampton-Adams/Laird

And use Hibberd to loop Berry/Newman/Marchbank/Otten for the next few weeks.

Reactions: Prospector

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
I am thinking Williamson & butler out for jjk and Myers (dpp moving Lloyd into defence). I am worried Williamson has some cash to make still but round 11 looks ordinary for me and my ranking is slipping due to treloar, Greene, nankervis, swallow on pine in the last two weeks. Won't have much cash left after above. But any thoughts on these trades are welcome.

Sounds good to me without knowing the rest of your side. Are you sure JJK is the forward you want? I prefer the mids available up there.