Round 9 Discussion

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Wingard finally with a ton this year. He's dirt cheap, people interested?
Only if I thought he was going to play more midfield time. Wines and Polac fit. A couple of Port forwards out long term. All this equals not enough opportunities for Wingard IMO. Next year maybe.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Only if I thought he was going to play more midfield time. Wines and Polac fit. A couple of Port forwards out long term. All this equals not enough opportunities for Wingard IMO. Next year maybe.

It's interesting you mention mid as on his outstanding run home last season barely attended a CB.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Blakely did well but gee if there was a game and circumstance to need another inside mid that game was it.
Pearce suffered a broken tibia, surely Dawson will cop a couple for his indiscretion and Mundy has a calf strain which FURL said he was unlikely for next week. Door might be slightly ajar for a Barlow return?

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
It's interesting you mention mid as on his outstanding run home last season barely attended a CB.
Is that right? Interesting ... I have to admit I did not know that. So the points came playing as a forward from goals kicked?

Hmmm ... kicked 3 yesterday in a losing team. Round 1 kicked 3 goals in a winning team for a SC score of 125.

Reactions: Prospector

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Pearce suffered a broken tibia, surely Dawson will cop a couple for his indiscretion and Mundy has a calf strain which FURL said he was unlikely for next week. Door might be slightly ajar for a Barlow return?

As long as they remeber that there is also a flyscreen door. ;)

Reactions: Dino

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Is that right? Interesting ... I have to admit I did not know that. So the points came playing as a forward from goals kicked?

Hmmm ... kicked 3 yesterday in a losing team. Round 1 kicked 3 goals in a winning team for a SC score of 125.

Seems the key for a good score from him is 2+ goals and pushing 20 touches, Had decent games against GWS and Brisbane but only low teen in possessions so a potential 90+ gets turned into a 60-70

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
If its not the plethora of injuries we have to deal with, the prospect of Gray copping a week just adds further pain. Especially after just getting him back.

Reactions: cactus

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
If its not the plethora of injuries we have to deal with, the prospect of Gray copping a week just adds further pain. Especially after just getting him back.
Surely he just gets a fine, thats what has happened to others

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Annoyed with this weeks tradings.

Narrowed my defensive choice to Docherty and Savage, and went for the cheaper option which looks to have cost me big points.

Chose to trade out Barlow over Wells who now looks straight back in whereas no idea about when Wells will be back.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Annoyed with this weeks tradings.

Narrowed my defensive choice to Docherty and Savage, and went for the cheaper option which looks to have cost me big points.

Chose to trade out Barlow over Wells who now looks straight back in whereas no idea about when Wells will be back.
I ditched Barlow too but no regrets. He might play 2 or 12 games for the rest of the year and even then, Ross is likely to drop him in a forward pocket to play a defensive role. It was the right call to make. If Freo were a top 8 side, he plays every week. But they're not which means you can't trust Freo players at all this year. Avoid at all costs.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Even with Freo's injuries and Dawsons likely suspension, I wouldn't be betting on Barlow coming back. Hill likely to return this week and FURL said they were planning for the future. His JS is so shaky.

Reactions: Steve and tiltraise

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
First time in a non-bye round that none of my mids scored over 90

Still got 2190 as the other positions stepped up

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015

I'm starting to wonder if the addition of Dixon has caused a bit of a drop off. Seems to be more of a focus up forward for them and with him clunking a lot of what comes his way there is less crumbing to be had.

if every game was a tight one you know the Chad would step up but I'm not convinced. Very happy to be wrong though as I've held him from the start!!!