Round 5 Discussion

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Buddy hasnt blown away GWS in the last couple seasons I doubt he'll get his BE, you could wait a week & Roughead had a bad game this week but he's been solid in the 3 games before that I'd back him to bounce back.
having said that they are not bad trades.
Cheers, maybe a good idea just to trade eddy for balic this week then

Reactions: Prospector

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Phil Davis plays Bud as well as anyone. That said, never doubt the big Bud.

Nato

May 22, 2015
Trading JPK?!? Can I ask why??

I was tossing up between which of Sydney's big 3 to go for I ended up going with Parker for the POD factor, kicking myself I didn't go JPK. Without the stats in front of me from memory last year he dropped under 100 a few times in the 1st 5 rounds and didn't drop under 100 again until like round 20?... Is a renowned slow starter but a pretty safe bet to be a top 8 mid

Haychh we were tossing up which of those options to trade in, not out. I totally agree with his history.
I think Parker is due to bounce back though.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Haychh we were tossing up which of those options to trade in, not out. I totally agree with his history.
I think Parker is due to bounce back though.
Ahh gotcha, my mistake. I misread the post

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
I think sideways or early upgrade trades at this time of year should probably only be considered, if like myself, you're sitting way off the pack. Personally ranked just inside the 40k mark and considering moving on WHE early to get in Rocky, requires JOM down to Balic too, which is a no-brainer. Don't love it, as I suspect WHE has another big score in him somewhere. Also already missed what will probably turn out to be Rocky's big score for the year. But I can't really see rank improving without making a few risky trades and would rather burn out than fade away.

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Balic out.
Actually good news for some:D

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
What to do no balic was going to go taranto to balic no taranto no newman i still have jom and no downgrades to really go to help

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
What to do no balic was going to go taranto to balic no taranto no newman i still have jom and no downgrades to really go to help

I'm thinking about bringing him in anyway as there is an upgrade I wanted to do this week for the balance of my team. If it was a serious injury we would have known about it sooner and he will get more games this season. With no Florent no Newman no Barrett things look pretty thin anyways at the moment. Hopefully Newman is back next week (although Macca might play his first game). Melican brought in to help with the tall GWS fwd line.

Reactions: Tandy

volders

Mar 21, 2017
What to do with JOM... Thinking of just turning him into Williamson as 1 week has turned into 2, probably 50/50 at best to play next week based on his recent history.

Reactions: cactus

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Preuss out.... Bradddddddddddddd Scottttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Tempted to do Williamson (for Mitch Hibberd) now that Newman is out. Backline lookin real thin.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Was tossing up Taranto or Florent for Balic. Scratch that!!! Newman just rubs the salt in.

Question now is Stewart to Williamson the right move?

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Looks like I get to save trades this week

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
Yeo tends to score poorly in the past when the coach plays him out of position, is there a WCE fan that can clarify if Yeo will still be a bunny or is the coach in love with someone else now ☺

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yeo tends to score poorly in the past when the coach plays him out of position, is there a WCE fan that can clarify if Yeo will still be a bunny or is the coach in love with someone else now ☺

it's kind of funny, I went into research mode last week re: Yeo & I found that he actually isn't playing the exact same role every week which on the surface that would seem the reason he's found consistency over the first 4 rounds, what has changed is he is predominantly playing, or at least starting, defensive half, in R1 he worked more of a back flank & got forward more, R2 similar played a bit more defensively but still more back flank, R3 changed into a 3rd tall defender role in the wet conditions it's a fairly subtle change of role but it was definitely there, R4 Darling was a late out so McGovern went forward Yeo had free reign to be the interceptor & despite his great score in the first half he actually wasn't great at it, he was late to marking contests & a few he made it too he had no impact on,.

The thing that won me over was in 2016 he had one game with 25 plus disposals & 3 games for his whole career pre 2016, this season so far he's already had 3 games over 25 touches and in the game he didn't his mark numbers were down because of the wet condition but his tackle numbers tripled, he's found a consistency he's never had before & I don't think it's going to stop but I also know he's not going to keep up a 116 ave.

Unfortunately I feel like to get the real value out of Yeo you need to bring in him last week if not before his price rise

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
it's kind of funny, I went into research mode last week re: Yeo & I found that he actually isn't playing the exact same role every week which on the surface that would seem the reason he's found consistency over the first 4 rounds, what has changed is he is predominantly playing, or at least starting, defensive half, in R1 he worked more of a back flank & got forward more, R2 similar played a bit more defensively but still more back flank, R3 changed into a 3rd tall defender role in the wet conditions it's a fairly subtle change of role but it was definitely there, R4 Darling was a late out so McGovern went forward Yeo had free reign to be the interceptor & despite his great score in the first half he actually wasn't great at it, he was late to marking contests & a few he made it too he had no impact on,.

The thing that won me over was in 2016 he had one game with 25 plus disposals & 3 games for his whole career pre 2016, this season so far he's already had 3 games over 25 touches and in the game he didn't his mark numbers were down because of the wet condition but his tackle numbers tripled, he's found a consistency he's never had before & I don't think it's going to stop but I also know he's not going to keep up a 116 ave.

Unfortunately I feel like to get the real value out of Yeo you need to bring in him last week if not before his price rise
Great analysis! Thanks Tevez!

Reactions: Tevez17