Round 5 Discussion

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Thought I'd through this out there, anyone thinking of Spencer in the Rucks please approach with caution.
Yes he will be #1 Ruck while Max is out, and most likely the remained of the year, with Watts and maybe even Pedersen helping out from this weekend don't expect triple figures every week, probably more like a 85-90 average so if your briniging him in make sure it's for the right reason.

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Im looking at trading taranto out still not scoring extremely well and isnt going to make that much cash. Brining in balic should make some cash. Then jom to a z merret will have around 600k, merret scoring well and abit or pod thoughts?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Taranto > Balic

Balic seems to have a fair bit of upside, can't see Taranto making much more cash. Will have my first upgrade next week, none of my other cows are ready to be culled yet

Reactions: captainchardonnay

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Taranto > Balic

Balic seems to have a fair bit of upside, can't see Taranto making much more cash. Will have my first upgrade next week, none of my other cows are ready to be culled yet

Same. Taranto OR SPP. But you'd think SPP has another big score in him. Maybe.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
anyone considering dumping beams this week? I would be if i had 1000 more in bank.
Beams --> Marc Murphy looks good

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
anyone considering dumping beams this week? I would be if i had 1000 more in bank.
Beams --> Marc Murphy looks good
Not a fan of this trade at all. I think we have Missed the boat on murphy and his 4 scores. He won't keep this up and his price is not attractive anymore.
Beams is a hold unless he's injured.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Not a fan of this trade at all. I think we have Missed the boat on murphy and his 4 scores. He won't keep this up and his price is not attractive anymore.
Beams is a hold unless he's injured.
Agree, would just be chasing last weeks points. Good chance Beams and Murphy average roughly the same from here, and while Beams hasn't been dominating he also hasn't been poor enough to warrant a trade

Reactions: Prospector and Benj

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Im more worried about Treloar then Beams. Really picked a dud with Treloar, should have stuck with DePendlebury. Really dont want to waste a trade on him but if he stinks it up again I may have to

Reactions: the cranky one

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Im more worried about Treloar then Beams. Really picked a dud with Treloar, should have stuck with DePendlebury. Really dont want to waste a trade on him but if he stinks it up again I may have to
Im in the same boat Lenny, filthy with the Treloar and Hannebery starting combo they have been horrible Treloar's efficiency is terrible and Hanners is a shadow of his former self been watching him very closely and he doesn't seem interested in the contest like he used to be he spends a lot more time hanging out the back waiting for a cheap one, I think he's carrying something. Seems like we've missed the boat on Murphy but If you were going to pick up a top 8 mid for 560K we would all jump on that

Nato

May 22, 2015
Thoughts on Swallow moving forward? It seems like he could be another Libber from last year averaging mid 90's with on and off niggles.
Im thinking of going Taranto down to Balic and Swallow up to Bont (or similar).

Would love to hear some opinions on this
cheers

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'd hold Swallow till his bye unless injured, had a bad game but shown what he can do already, Beams to Murphy seems a poor trade to me, I think Balic is a really nice footballer worried under Ross what could happen as already had limited TOG but I think i'll be bringing him in this week there's a lot of upside there assuming he keeps his spot.

Also have Treloar & Hanners they were safe picks in my mind... :rolleyes:... I'm holding them, just going to ride it out,

Trying to find a 110+ mid at around under 598K. Want to give Crouch the boot.

Nato

May 22, 2015
JPK for a proven performer, Neale/Z Merrett as more of POD picks. I dont think there's too much between any of them
Depends on your current POD situation i guess.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
I've got a feeling that this is somewhat a big week in SC.
With a few mid pricers (Roughy and O'Meara mainly) under performing and a number of rookies looking like they are maxing out (SPP, Marchbank, WHE, Taranto and Hampton) I think a few rookie SCers will get trigger happy and unnecessarily trade.
For example, I've seen a lot of people trading all of the above this week which is, in my opinion, a mistake.
Guys like SPP, Marchbank, WHE, Hampton especially are untouchable for at least the next two weeks and I'm holding JOM as he will be a POD now and I'm backing him to bounce back and average 90-100 for the next month

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
I've got a feeling that this is somewhat a big week in SC.
With a few mid pricers (Roughy and O'Meara mainly) under performing and a number of rookies looking like they are maxing out (SPP, Marchbank, WHE, Taranto and Hampton) I think a few rookie SCers will get trigger happy and unnecessarily trade.
For example, I've seen a lot of people trading all of the above this week which is, in my opinion, a mistake.
Guys like SPP, Marchbank, WHE, Hampton especially are untouchable for at least the next two weeks and I'm holding JOM as he will be a POD now and I'm backing him to bounce back and average 90-100 for the next month
I dont think Roughy and Omeara are going to be great POD's considering Hawthorn suck and they've both missed large amounts of football over the past year or two. It was a move to take a punt and see how they go but the experiment is over and they aren't going to be premium scorers so time to move on. Agree with most of the back rookies as that looks to be the biggest cash generation area at present but Marchbank and Hampton might not be far off being punted if they don't hit a score soon

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
How much of a must is Balic?

I haven't good any stand-out options to trade him for, just lots of unfattened cows - TT, Pickett, Parfitt, Florent, etc.

Reactions: Tandy

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
JPK for a proven performer, Neale/Z Merrett as more of POD picks. I dont think there's too much between any of them
Depends on your current POD situation i guess.

Trading JPK?!? Can I ask why??

I was tossing up between which of Sydney's big 3 to go for I ended up going with Parker for the POD factor, kicking myself I didn't go JPK. Without the stats in front of me from memory last year he dropped under 100 a few times in the 1st 5 rounds and didn't drop under 100 again until like round 20?... Is a renowned slow starter but a pretty safe bet to be a top 8 mid

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
How much of a must is Balic?

I haven't good any stand-out options to trade him for, just lots of unfattened cows - TT, Pickett, Parfitt, Florent, etc.

Im not 100% sold on Balic as a trade in option.

Have watched him closely over the last 2 weeks and he spends an extraordinary and frustrating amount of time sitting on the pine. It seems to me that Ross thinks that he is a mid only type and as he doesnt consider him in their best few rotations which limits his scoring significantly. I have confidence in his ability to produce when on the park however I lack the same in regards to Ross playing him enough minutes.

Another downside is he seems to lack the confidence to demand the ball on the outside thus most of his scoring comes in contested situations.

Disclaimer: Balic is in my team having selected him as a floating donut before round 1 lockout on the back of B2B 30+ pos games for Peel.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Eddy > Balic
Roughead > Franklin ?

Buddy hasnt blown away GWS in the last couple seasons I doubt he'll get his BE, you could wait a week & Roughead had a bad game this week but he's been solid in the 3 games before that I'd back him to bounce back.
having said that they are not bad trades.