Round 5 Discussion and Trades

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Parker or Setterfield out for O’Brien?
Saints have a tough run, and I feel Setterfield has more cash to make so I’m leaning on trading Parker.
I deciding on the same thing. I think I'm leaning on trading out Setters. He hasn't scored well at all yet, not any better than Parker and having a look at his potential price rises I think the lads on the show oversold his price generation with his 30-odd out of the system. Even if he gets a 70 point game on return it wont make too much of a difference.

tim.perrin

Apr 17, 2019
I deciding on the same thing. I think I'm leaning on trading out Setters. He hasn't scored well at all yet, not any better than Parker and having a look at his potential price rises I think the lads on the show oversold his price generation with his 30-odd out of the system. Even if he gets a 70 point game on return it wont make too much of a difference.
I feel they are both about the same, Parker might make 30k ish more where as Setterfield is one bigger score away from pushing the BE back down. But has a tougher run once back from suspension. I don’t think there is a wrong answer. It all comes down to what that extra cash gets you

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, D Smith, Drew, Parker, Setterfield, Petruccelle, Balta
200K Left

Just after any thoughts on trade options. A bit of trouble in my FWD line.
What trade would you make this week. Cheers

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Parker or Setterfield out for O’Brien?
Saints have a tough run, and I feel Setterfield has more cash to make so I’m leaning on trading Parker.
I'm against popular belief and think Setterfield. He's out for two weeks and has a 37 in his cycle which means he's about 5 to 6 weeks room riding significantly. Plus he hadn't had a big game yet. Whereas Parker has had 2 over 80 and 2 low scores so has a 50/50 chance of getting a good increase in the next 3 to 5 wks. Depends how long you want to wait on upgrades. Given there may me rookies on the bubble in that time I'm leaning towards keeping Parker and trading Petruccelle and Setterfield.. though unsure myself. Need to trade two good Mummy and O'Brien.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, D Smith, Drew, Parker, Setterfield, Petruccelle, Balta
200K Left

Just after any thoughts on trade options. A bit of trouble in my FWD line.
What trade would you make this week. Cheers
Trade 1: I'd do D Smith->Boak.
Smith hasn't been playing, or scoring, well and his being "managed" make me wonder if there isn't something wrong. Boak is unlikely to keep scoring at his current rate but if he stays a permanent mid he should score well enough. He has averaged 106 as a mid before.
Trade 2: Depends upon how many you've already done but you could look to bring in O'Brien.
Opinion is dived as to whether it is best to trade out Bines, Balta or Setterfield: Bines because he won't play and make you any money; Balta because while he is playing he is scoring v low and his money making is limited; Setterfield because if you go the Balta route you'll have a non-playing fwd bench.
Myself, I currently favour keeping Setterfield and Bines: Setterfield because I think that his long-term money making potential is better than Balta's; Bines because when it is time to trade out ROB I would like to trade straight to a fwd,
Having a bench of Bines and Setterfield isn't ideal but it's only for two weeks.