Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
atm my team is holding it's own but that's about all.
Trading Darling->Marshall was a qualified success - Darling score 90SC - but looking good for the long-term.
No obvious trades this week.
Of my rookies only Parker is a possibility with a 46BE but there are no suitable fwd downgrade targets.
Z Williams is turning out to be a bit of a problem but against Freo in Canberra he should approach his 89BE.

Last edited:

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Hey guys. Stop my team is ok. Avg 2234 and used one trade (Greene to Parker). Now I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking of bringing Mummy in for Parker via DPP with Lobb and also Boak in for B.Crouch via DPP with Setterfield. This lets me put Constable on field and means Lobb is my worst forward on field. Also leaves me 109k. Not a fan of ttading B.Crouch but he doesn't look like a top 10 mid and i like Boak. He's 30 but been super durable and by all repprts will be staying in the midfield.
Thoughts? If not should i bring Mummy in for B.Crouch and get a warchest and put Constable on field or upgrade parker?

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
atm my team is holding it's own but that's about all.
Trading Darling->Marshall was a qualified success - Darling score 90SC - but looking good for the long-term.
No obvious trades this week.
Of my rookies only Parker is a possibility with a 46BE but there are no suitable fwd downgrade targets.
Z Williams is turning out to be a bit of a problem but against Freo in Canberra he should approach his 89BE.
Williams should be fine. Definitely a hold. I wasn't sold on him at start but have him for his price. Worth waiting on. Parker is tough. Really wasn't sold and only brought him in for Greene after 2 solid games. I feel je will score low more than big but probably has another big game in him. Who knows when though...

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
What are everyone’s thoughts on Jack Crisp? I choose him as a top 6 defender. Has dropped $40k so far, with a 154 BE this week is predicted to drop another $30k this week.... At this rate I won’t be able to get another premium defender in without a substantial cash injection. His currently Ave is 83....

Was considering moving to Tom Stewart who has impressed me. I already have Lloyd and Whitfield.

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
Also is anyone else considering downgrading Zak Butters? He has made $85k and now has a BE of 46 after scoring 23 last week.

Considering Butter to Stack for $140k in the bank

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Also is anyone else considering downgrading Zak Butters? He has made $85k and now has a BE of 46 after scoring 23 last week.

Considering Butter to Stack for $140k in the bank
Not me. Butters has had the one poor score but the other three have been OK.

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
Anyone give Westhoff a chance to turn things around?
Scored 149, 47, 39, 49, Dropped $113k and BE of 174

The things stopping me from trading him
-Provides me cover for Mumford
-He's dropped so much that a semi decent score may stop the bleeding beyond this week
-There isn't any forward rookies on the bubble worth getting in, (or R/F obviously)

I have $89k so could upgrade to anyone but Boak (have Danger/Heeney), Boak is the only one I'd feel comfortable upgrading to atm.

To get Boak
-I could trade Burgess for Rotham/Hore (not sure on job security for both), losing the ability to move Moore Fwd/Def each week
-I could trade Setterfield and put both forward
This could be burning 2 trades, (eg Boak fades/Hoff recovers)

Thinking its either hope for a turnaround or trade Hoff & Burgess (I've used 2 trades this season and don't really want to use another 2, but if this keeps up I'm hindering myself ~50+ points and cash generation each week for a bit).

Anyone suggesting I do something other than hope for a turnaround in form lol?
Would this trade be a necessary correction or a panic trade?

tim.perrin

Apr 17, 2019
Hey Everyone.
With the news that Jacobs is out for 4-8 weeks does this make O’Brien a viable cash cow option now?
I’m toying with the idea of trading out Parker or Butters via Bines/Setterfield DPP and then using the cash to go Dunkley to Boak.
What are everyone’s thoughts on this?

Reactions: brandon bui

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hey Everyone.
With the news that Jacobs is out for 4-8 weeks does this make O’Brien a viable cash cow option now?
I’m toying with the idea of trading out Parker or Butters via Bines/Setterfield DPP and then using the cash to go Dunkley to Boak.
Is that actually confirmed? Last I heard he will decide on Thursday whether to have an operation.

Reactions: Prospector

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Hey Everyone.
I'm strongly considering doing something very similar. Its got some risk attached to it but as long as he plays another 4+ games or so then it should make it worth while. Even better if he can hang around til the byes.

Reactions: brandon bui

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
Think I'll hold my under performing rookies and hope they turn it around (Balta, Burgess, Setterfield, Gibbons, Butters).

Trading any of these guys now would just confirm that I'm losing on that trade.

Only way I'd trade was if I see Stack or Rotham being such good rookies that it will cost me 150k+ in the long run, which I'm not convinced of. Jack Ross on the other hand will have me a lot more tempted to pull the trigger next week if he impresses again.

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Looking at 2 options. Please help...

Option 1: IN – Mumford and O’Brien (via DPP Lobb and Bines) OUT – Setterfield Parker/Petrucelle. When O’Brien is maxed Bines will go back to R3 and Lobb will stay F6/7

Or

Option 2: IN – Mumford (via DPP Lobb) and Boak (via DPP Drew) OUT – Setterfield and B.Crouch

Really like Mummy as at least a stepping stone to eventually Grundy and i think he has 200k in him. O’Brien number one ruck for 6 weeks has over 200k also. I believe Boak is at least a top 6 fwd all year and is crushing it atm… torn. I have 316k banked and used one trade (Greene to Parker so far).
Thoughts...

Thanks guys

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Looking at 2 options. Please help...

Option 1: IN – Mumford and O’Brien (via DPP Lobb and Bines) OUT – Setterfield Parker/Petrucelle. When O’Brien is maxed Bines will go back to R3 and Lobb will stay F6/7

Or

Option 2: IN – Mumford (via DPP Lobb) and Boak (via DPP Drew) OUT – Setterfield and B.Crouch

Really like Mummy as at least a stepping stone to eventually Grundy and i think he has 200k in him. O’Brien number one ruck for 6 weeks has over 200k also. I believe Boak is at least a top 6 fwd all year and is crushing it atm… torn. I have 316k banked and used one trade (Greene to Parker so far).
Thoughts...

Thanks guys

Option 1 would be my preferred.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
Anyone give Westhoff a chance to turn things around?
Scored 149, 47, 39, 49, Dropped $113k and BE of 174

The things stopping me from trading him
-Provides me cover for Mumford
-He's dropped so much that a semi decent score may stop the bleeding beyond this week
-There isn't any forward rookies on the bubble worth getting in, (or R/F obviously)

I have $89k so could upgrade to anyone but Boak (have Danger/Heeney), Boak is the only one I'd feel comfortable upgrading to atm.

To get Boak
-I could trade Burgess for Rotham/Hore (not sure on job security for both), losing the ability to move Moore Fwd/Def each week
-I could trade Setterfield and put both forward
This could be burning 2 trades, (eg Boak fades/Hoff recovers)

Thinking its either hope for a turnaround or trade Hoff & Burgess (I've used 2 trades this season and don't really want to use another 2, but if this keeps up I'm hindering myself ~50+ points and cash generation each week for a bit).

Anyone suggesting I do something other than hope for a turnaround in form lol?
Would this trade be a necessary correction or a panic trade?
Setterfield and Westhoff (Bines fwd) to O'Brien and Boak makes my team much stronger on field, stops Westhoff's bleeding and provides significant cash generation opportunity (I'm $600 short being able to get rid of Burgess instead of Setterfield :()

Hard to ignore the earning potential of O'Brien, though I assume the 4-6 weeks is when they expect Jacobs back in the team rather than recovered and resuming training. 4 weeks isn't quite enough to make this a comfortable trade for me, 6 likely is though, some chance the recovery etc drags on longer you would expect with Jacobs' size.

Adelaide has the last bye (Rd 14), so unlikely there is a situation relevant to us that they hold Jacobs back the week before the bye to give him 2 weeks more recovery/fitness.
Grundy/Gawn bye is Rd 13, (Mummy 14 for those trading him in).

Could see Mummy+O'Brien being a popular trade out for Rd 14 to Grundy or Gawn, ideally you'd possibly want to do it a few weeks prior when their valuations make sense to do so and if trades/team bye balance allow.

A very interesting decision for most coaches this week, especially those without both Grundy/Gawn.

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
Setterfield and Westhoff (Bines fwd) to O'Brien and Boak makes my team much stronger on field, stops Westhoff's bleeding and provides significant cash generation opportunity (I'm $600 short being able to get rid of Burgess instead of Setterfield :()

Hard to ignore the earning potential of O'Brien, though I assume the 4-6 weeks is when they expect Jacobs back in the team rather than recovered and resuming training. 4 weeks isn't quite enough to make this a comfortable trade for me, 6 likely is though, some chance the recovery etc drags on longer you would expect with Jacobs' size.

Adelaide has the last bye (Rd 14), so unlikely there is a situation relevant to us that they hold Jacobs back the week before the bye to give him 2 weeks more recovery/fitness.

Could see Mummy+O'Brien being a popular trade out for Rd 14 to Grundy or Gawn, ideally you'd possibly want to do it a few weeks prior when their valuations make sense to do so and if trades/team bye balance allow.

A very interesting decision for most coaches this week, especially those without both Grundy/Gawn.
"We expect Sam to progress quickly through the next 4-6 weeks of rehab and be back to his best."

Not sure if the 'and' is inclusive of both events (rehab and match fitness) or simply being in a position to get back to his best following the 4-6 weeks of rehab rather than during/by the end of it.

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017

If O'Brien scores 85 for 4 games he will go up about 180k. 5 games about 200k. That's worth it. Especially if he can pump out one 100+ game in there somewhere sick is more than possible as number one rucki completely changes my plans to get Boak this week but i think he's almost must have.

tim.perrin

Apr 17, 2019
Parker or Setterfield out for O’Brien?
Saints have a tough run, and I feel Setterfield has more cash to make so I’m leaning on trading Parker.