Round 4 Trades

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Lonergan > Ruggles
Crouch > Hall
? Or keep what I have? Crouch to miss another week.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Im still not sure if i should put in robbe gray or gablett this may sound stupid considering how good ablett is but gray is playing unreal at the moment and i cant see him slowing down also dont know if ablett will last he may get injured again and the amount of risks i have taken with my team so far that have not paid off is unreal lol also thinking about going mckenzie to ruggles giving myself a about 290k left for next week for another premo
Personally I wouldn't let the prospect of Gaz getting injured stop you from getting him in. Any player can get injured at any time. By the sounds of it though, you have talked yourself into Gray.

zac

Apr 8, 2016
Personally I wouldn't let the prospect of Gaz getting injured stop you from getting him in. Any player can get injured at any time. By the sounds of it though, you have talked yourself into Gray.
i love gray was gonna get him last week didnt and got zaha instead even though he went up in price gray would have been a better option but ablett is ablett and i dunno if i use the extra 30k to get him or just get gray

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Degoey or lonergan out? i can cover degoey better as papley or mccarthy can score better than walla/mbrown need the cash to put b crouch up.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
I've got Rocky and Crouch to sort out in my midfield this week. Rocky is an easy trade but I'm not sure what to do with Crouch? At his price there's nobody really to trade in. I could go Daniel menzel through DPP but it seems risky. My options are:
1)Rocky - Another Premo (Parker prob), Crouch to Menzel (DPP)
2)Rocky and Crouch - 2 mid-pricers (Hunter & ???)
3)Rocky - Premo, Hold Crouch

Any advice?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I've got Rocky and Crouch to sort out in my midfield this week. Rocky is an easy trade but I'm not sure what to do with Crouch? At his price there's nobody really to trade in. I could go Daniel menzel through DPP but it seems risky. My options are:
1)Rocky - Another Premo (Parker prob), Crouch to Menzel (DPP)
2)Rocky and Crouch - 2 mid-pricers (Hunter & ???)
3)Rocky - Premo, Hold Crouch

Any advice?

You want to replace Rocky with a Premium, do you have anyone else you'd be interesting in downgrading? You've held Rocky for one week maybe just ride it out?

Reactions: Fbdonkey

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I have B.Crouch, who I am going to hold for another week then potentially down grade to either Ruggles or Petracca. Can use him as a loophole option this week.

Having Mills as my M8 is a real concern. And I have Crouch, Davis and Gresham on the pine which doesn't help.

Anyone planning on moving Mills on? I'm not a fan of sideways trading but the like of Parish and Oliver look much more accomplished early in the careers.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Guys I'm at 6s n 7s with my team. I fell for the pap trap n feel I may have screwed my structure. Scored 2239 on the weekend. 3/7 league wins. $380k in bank.

DEF: Heater, Laird, Gibson, Weitering, Dea, Adams (Brown, McD-Tip)
MID: Fyfe, Pendles, GAJ, Bennedy, Parker, Libba, Mills, Menadue, (Dunkley, Hewitt, Davis)
RUCK: Martin, Gawn, (Wyatt)
FWD: Dusty, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Papley, Kerridge, (McCarthy, Milera)

I really want another premo mid but don't have enuf for danger in 1 trade. Do I look at upgrading my back line or look for a cheaper premo in the mid, say Gray or Hanners??

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Guys I'm at 6s n 7s with my team. I fell for the pap trap n feel I may have screwed my structure. Scored 2239 on the weekend. 3/7 league wins. $380k in bank.

MID: Fyfe, Pendles, GAJ, Bennedy, Parker, Libba, Mills, Menadue, (Dunkley, Hewitt, Davis)

I really want another premo mid but don't have enuf for danger in 1 trade. Do I look at upgrading my back line or look for a cheaper premo in the mid, say Gray or Hanners??
Or - don't trade until your rookies mature in price.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

Leave your defence as is. Your last 3 defenders look like averaging 80-85. You can trade for a gun defender who might score 90. They should be your last upgrades.

There's no point cashing in rookies to make 50k-100k. You will run out of trades quickly and will never get to a full premium side.

I know early in the season it's tempting to do 2 trades a week for 5 weeks to have your team where you want it. But then in round 16 you will be rueing that you only have 4 trades left and donuts everywhere. Just sit tight for another week or two.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Main issue for me is Mills at M8 with BCrouch, Menadue and Gresham on the bench. Think I might drop Gresham due to poor JS and probably won't make much cash even when he does play. Move Lonergan to M8 and then bring in a defence rookie.

Menadue I'll persist with hoping for a big game in the next couple of weeks to boost his price. Crouch I'm also persisting with for now, even though he'll probably miss the next couple as his scoring should improve as the season goes on and planning for him to be my M8 at the end of the year.

Question is Hartley V Ruggles?? Hartley's JS looks shaky with Grima a potential in this week or next which concerns me. Ruggles JS looks good and scoring looks good too, but has only played 1. Ideally Hartley this week and Ruggles in for Brown next week if he has another sub-50 game would be the way I'd like to go.

Reactions: jester5au

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
If Hewett isnt named then i will upgrade him to a Prem like GAJ.

Otherwise no trades and may look at Ruggles next week

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Be careful on Hartley. I saw today that Woosha was talking about bringing Grima in this weekend, most likely at the expense of Hartley. He doesn't sound like he is a reliable best 22 week in week out.
Dont know how reliable Grima will be. His back was pretty screwed last year.

Dea might go out as well for Grima instead of Hartley

Kels23

Patron '18
Mar 7, 2016
I have Brad Crouch and only $41k in the bank? Do I hold, downgrade or upgrade?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I have Brad Crouch and only $41k in the bank? Do I hold, downgrade or upgrade?
Depends what your midfield bench is like. He's out for 2-3 weeks so if you can carry him then persist because there's not much to go to with only $41K.

I don't think there's any must-have mid rookies you should go to. Maybe if you can swap and bring in a def or for rookie you missed but most have already gone up. I'd probably hold if you can.

Daniel

Mar 6, 2016
What do you all think about Toby Greene to Jason Johannisen via DDP? will Johannisen see more ball now bob Murphy is out for the season?

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Looks like Crouch is a dilemma for a few of us. Im hoping Petracca gets named this week and downgrade to him. I have no faith in my bench rookies to cover his score for 2-3 weeks, I have no cash to upgrade him either so downgrade is my only option.

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What do you all think about Toby Greene to Jason Johannisen via DDP? will Johannisen see more ball now bob Murphy is out for the season?
I'm not keen on this trade. JJ could easily come in for more attention now Bob is out of the picture. JJ could well still score at keeper level but he is much less of a clear cut good pick now than he was a few days ago IMO. Note: I don't have JJ.

Reactions: doddy2731 and Steve