Round 4 Trades

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Anyone considering trading out jesse lonergan this week? was going to go him to hartley and maybe degoey up to prem, i also have pendles, p cripps, rich and b crouch who have there downsides if not playing or continuing to score bad.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Anyone considering trading out jesse lonergan this week? was going to go him to hartley and maybe degoey up to prem, i also have pendles, p cripps, rich and b crouch who have there downsides if not playing or continuing to score bad.
I'm worried about Brad Crouch. He has looked a fair way off the pace in the first two weeks and a couple of things I've been reading don't sound to positive. I'll give him one more go if he is selected this week ... Lonergan is also underperforming compared to what I'd hoped but I'd prefer to give him one more go before pulling the pin.

However if Brad does not get up for this week I'm much more inclined to cash him in. But with only 100K in the bank my options are limited. The only plan I can think of is acting early on Lonergan by moving him down to a Hartly or Ruggles type and then shifting Crouch up to a midfield primo (or Laird or KK via DPP).

Thoughts?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Lonergan is so frustrating. First week he Had a head clash and spent 25 mins on the bench but still scored well. Against Freo he was always around the ball but didn't get a heap of it. Against Carlton he was on 50 at HT and then put the cue in the rack. I'm not prepared to waste a trade on him yet. My long term plan is for him to be my d7/m9 so it will take some pretty terrible scoring for me to get rid of him. I don't see Hartley as an absolute must have. There seems to be a few cheap defenders coming through and while we may have to cull a week or two early, I think we need to get at least one more price rise out of them to make it anywhere near worthwhile.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Lonergan is so frustrating. First week he Had a head clash and spent 25 mins on the bench but still scored well. Against Freo he was always around the ball but didn't get a heap of it. Against Carlton he was on 50 at HT and then put the cue in the rack. I'm not prepared to waste a trade on him yet. My long term plan is for him to be my d7/m9 so it will take some pretty terrible scoring for me to get rid of him. I don't see Hartley as an absolute must have. There seems to be a few cheap defenders coming through and while we may have to cull a week or two early, I think we need to get at least one more price rise out of them to make it anywhere near worthwhile.
Pretty sure I heard someone say Lonergan had a run with role (Cripps?) for a while. Didn't actually watch the game so not 100% sure.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Why?
I don't have him but seems a waste of a trade to me. He is scoring at around or above his price so he's not losing money. He is more an in-and-under mid than an outside runner so will probably score better when the games get tougher for the Suns.

Reactions: cactus

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Despite playing some very soft opposition in the first 3 rounds I think it's safe to assume I was wrong about Aaron Hall - he is a jet. Am I wasting a trade if I go Sam Gray > Hall?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Despite playing some very soft opposition in the first 3 rounds I think it's safe to assume I was wrong about Aaron Hall - he is a jet. Am I wasting a trade if I go Sam Gray > Hall?
It would hurt to make this trade now prices have changed but Hall looks a pretty good bet to make top 6 forwards even taking into account a few mids to come back for the Suns.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

I have Gray Jnr and I'm keeping him in the hope that Hinkley decides to play him more on-ball - like in rnd.1, the pre-season and late last year.
But it's easy for me as I also have Hall.

Reactions: Tevez17 and cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I have Gray Jnr and I'm keeping him in the hope that Hinkley decides to play him more on-ball - like in rnd.1, the pre-season and late last year.
But it's easy for me as I also have Hall.
I don't have Gray Jnr but I did watch the Port game and I thought he played pretty well (I thought both Grays were probably a bit underscored).

Reactions: jester5au

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i am really thinking about trading Rich this week for Hartley or Ruggles next week
just for the cash ill pocket and cash ill make off it

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
My McGovern experiment doesn't look like paying off, but may hold him this week to see how he goes against the Tigs at home.
Fails he may turn into Smith

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015

I think that if you're in a position to get Hall in then do it. I can't see him dropping off.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
i am really thinking about trading Rich this week for Hartley or Ruggles next week
just for the cash ill pocket and cash ill make off it

Hartley didn't look great so I'd suggest waiting a week and see how Ruggles goes.

Fwiw I plan on skipping Hartley and will wait a week to see how Ruggles performs.

I also have Rich. :confused:

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Hartley didn't look great so I'd suggest waiting a week and see how Ruggles goes.

Fwiw I plan on skipping Hartley and will wait a week to see how Ruggles performs.

I also have Rich. :confused:
bloody Rich lol

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Hall's kicking is amazing bullet 55-60m passes lace out, has built a good patnership with GAJ already often linking in possession chains

There's is a little knock on him though in that he is playing a different role to what he was late last year probably 40-50% more oustide and because of this he will most likely need 30 touches to hit 100pts and that will become harder to do as the opposition get better,

still very hard to see him noting being a Top6 Fwd.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Not getting rid of S.Gray or Lonergan yet but obviously want to see a bit of an upward trend for both.

Big watch on Menzel this week, 90pts off only 15 touches & 1 goal, I believe his style of play is very SC friendly similar to Wingard.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
I picked Barlow ahead of Hall and now I'm regretting it! Considering Barlow out for Hall but Barlow scored well on the weekend, just not sure how consistent he will be

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Hall's kicking is amazing bullet 55-60m passes lace out, has built a good patnership with GAJ already often linking in possession chains

There's is a little knock on him though in that he is playing a different role to what he was late last year probably 40-50% more oustide and because of this he will most likely need 30 touches to hit 100pts and that will become harder to do as the opposition get better,

still very hard to see him noting being a Top6 Fwd.
Agreed - his passing in these first three rounds has been up there with the best I've seen in recent time. Absolute bullets.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Be careful on Hartley. I saw today that Woosha was talking about bringing Grima in this weekend, most likely at the expense of Hartley. He doesn't sound like he is a reliable best 22 week in week out.

zac

Apr 8, 2016
Im still not sure if i should put in robbe gray or gablett this may sound stupid considering how good ablett is but gray is playing unreal at the moment and i cant see him slowing down also dont know if ablett will last he may get injured again and the amount of risks i have taken with my team so far that have not paid off is unreal lol also thinking about going mckenzie to ruggles giving myself a about 290k left for next week for another premo