Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
Does anyone have any idea when Gresham might return? Any magoos news?
Thinking Gresham to Hartley or Crouch to Hartley.

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
After more research I did find this...
"..omitted Saints midfielder Jade Gresham was relatively quiet in booting the lone goal".

Reactions: Mick

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
is it a legit thing to trade out crouch for blicavs and if he doesnt work out as a top 10 mid trade out gawn and put him in the ruck ?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Problem players in my team, B Crouch, Lonergan, S Gray & Barlow, latter 3 I'm willing to wait and see a bit more, Crouch probably has to go because of the lack of points that will be on field (Hewitt or Davis and both could be dropped).

Lonergan down, Crouch up in very tempting but just feel Lonergan can come good, Mills would be the other option I expected a bit more from him TBH he's been on field all 3 rounds and I was hoping for more of an 75-80 AV out of him.

Reactions: cactus

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Problem players in my team, B Crouch, Lonergan, S Gray & Barlow, latter 3 I'm willing to wait and see a bit more, Crouch probably has to go because of the lack of points that will be on field (Hewitt or Davis and both could be dropped).

Lonergan down, Crouch up in very tempting but just feel Lonergan can come good, Mills would be the other option I expected a bit more from him TBH he's been on field all 3 rounds and I was hoping for more of an 75-80 AV out of him.

I think Davis is pretty locked in that midfield for the moment. Not killing it but has good JS. Hewitt could go if McVeigh comes back but I don't think he will this week.

I did correct Mills to Wells last week and that felt good. :)

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
mid pricer to mid pricer? No. If you think he's going to break out and be top 10 fwd, go for it. I just don't see it. He was rated elite in most aspects of his game by CD but could he be a 90+ player in his second year?

My thinking is if he continues his current role then yeah he could be 90+ easily. No subs vest to hold him back this year but yeah a mid to mid worries me

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
My thinking is if he continues his current role then yeah he could be 90+ easily. No subs vest to hold him back this year but yeah a mid to mid worries me
He's one of my favourite players, but he's scored over 87 once... Predicting a 90 average is pretty bold... He's a gun and could prove me wrong but I wouldn't take that risk

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I think Davis is pretty locked in that midfield for the moment. Not killing it but has good JS. Hewitt could go if McVeigh comes back but I don't think he will this week.

I did correct Mills to Wells last week and that felt good. :)
Davis is playing as a medium-sized forward. He's does seem to be contributing in that role, but is not a lock to stay. Wright was BOG in the reserves last week and may put pressure on him. Miller needs to come back in this week. There's also Garlett as well. His DE% is the worst in the team (56%) so he's on a knife-edge, maybe stays for now but he'll get dropped at some stage in the next few weeks to try another young kid (e.g. Garlett).

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
My trade so far is Gresham to Lyons with Kerridge swinging up to M8.

If Grima gets named alongside Hartley I might go Brown to Hartley. Otherwise will hold.

Reactions: cactus

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Unless Brown gets dropped dont trade him to Hartley. Even if he does get dropped that trade would be very iffy.
No Grima in sight so I think I'll hold. I don't have anyone else to really trade out so best to hold fire. Hopefully Brown scores an 80 this week to boost his cash for the next couple of weeks.

McCarthy out a surprise. Hopefully just a guy who hasn't played many games yet having his gametime managed against a weak opponent, although he is named in the emergencies. With a 96 last week he's got lots of cash to make in his next couple of games.

Be wary of a late out or two for the Cats.... even this early in the season teams might start pulling guys who sneeze or scratch their arm before a game against the Bombers...

Edit - glad I held on to Crouch too. Perfect to loophole Danger as VC with the C on Goldy or Gawn

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
Still weighing up a Lonergan/Brouch to Ruggles + a MID upgrade.
(I don't feel Lonergan will be a keeper, with the embarrassment of cheap DEFs (Weitering/Adams/Dea) it seems a slight waste of $ to carry Lonergan when I have Heater, Jimmy & Rich)..

Weighing up (with $580k max spend):
* Ward ($579k) - not cheap but fairly reliable and a POD for what that's worth
* Parker ($578k) - feel he's fully priced now at ~107, expect his average to come back to earth at some point (just my view)
* Blicavs ($573k) - priced at ~105, averaging 118 - probably won't keep that up but nice ruck cover;
* JPK ($570k) - given Swans' enormous midfield depth am less excited about him, would prefer to grab him closer to $500k (if at all);
* Jelwood ($559k) - as the guys mentioned on the pod can go through lean patches - but can also go on big tears. With Danger now attracting 1st tag, hopefully frees up Joel to lift back to 115+;
* Zaharakis ($470k) - agree with Donk and Marcus that he could average 105-110. Even after his $54k price jump, "only" priced at ~87;
(Have GAJ, Fyfe, Danger, Gray, Libba - hoping this upgrade is a M7/8 with Pendles/Priddis-types to hopefully come later)

(in DT, I'm looking closely at Duncan - in DT he could conceivably be a top 10 MID - perhaps less relevant in SC)

Anyone looking at Zaharakis and Joel in particular?

EDIT: Should also add the M/Fs:
* Dahlhaus ($567k) - probably fully priced and Doggies have sooo many young MIDs;
* Dusty ($554k) - developments in the last 24 hours have maybe scared me off a bit, will wait there;
* Z.Merrett ($505k) - think could be a top10 FWD though his disposal probably lends itself more to DT;

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
You had me until the trade out Gawn part.
Well I wouldn't trade out Gawn regardless of form, I was thinking more along the lines of Gawn is averaging a 95-100 Blicavs averaging 110 dpp trade Gawn to premo mid. Or best case scenario Blicavs smashes it and Gawn is doing well enough and you just keep Blicavs as a premo mid

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Parker has a 108 season under his belt. All signs point to him improving on that this year, even with the stacked midfield.

I still think 115 is on the radar for him. He will get injured, it's a matter of when not if due to the way he plays. But i still think he presents value at $578k