Round 3 Trades

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Im in the same dilemma with Hanners, potentially thinking him down to Murph, then pickett to Nank, this gives me ruck cover, means I play one less rookie in the fwd line and hopefully gain some points too. I have never been a premium sideways trader but the upside on this one is just too big i think. Murph looks the bets hes looked in years & the ruck scoring seems to be well improved on previous years.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
I think if you're going to move on Hannebery you'd want to do it because you will make $50-$100k in doing so which will allow you to make some positive upgrades elsewhere. And then if/when he comes good, you can pick him back up at a nice discount.

I want to believe that he will score 120 this week and be back to his best and then I'll have saved myself a trade but watching him on Friday night it was like he'd forgotten how to play football. Constantly in the wrong/bad positions to receive the ball and not running to the right areas or hard enough. Looks a lot lighter framed this year too which can work for some players but not others.

That being said his raw stats don't read too horribly, 19 possessions, 7 tackles. Couple more contested, and a mark and goal and he probably tons up.

Still undecided what I'll do..

Last year for the first 2 games:

JPK - 75 - 95
Heater - 87 - 74

Then went bang!

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Newman will be on the bubble after one more round and he played well. If it looks like Hibberd won't break back into the team for North then I'll probably do this as a correction next week.
Macca and Aliir to come back in to the Swans in the next couple of weeks

Reactions: Tandy and cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I don't have WHE or Butler or Houston but all bar Hibbard are playing so not sure what to do, Hanners a huge concern but no way to get in a real premium and afford WHE so seeing the point in trading at the moment, it's a long week though.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Aliir play on the weekend?
Yeah he did and although the website says 2 weeks for McVeigh I'd be surprised by that.He's had a lot of soft tissue injuries in the past couple of years and they will be ultra cautious with him I think.

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Anyone else flicking Taranto up to WHE? Seems foolish but might be the only way I can get the hyphened one into my side.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I'm moving Taranto on. Just not convinced with his job security, and I want Higgins in. So my trades are:

Bowes > Higgins
Taranto > WHE

Will have 37k leftover. Didn't quite have enough cash to upgrade another cheaper rookie, like Pickett, to WHE, as I really want Higgins in. Was thinking of flicking Taranto to mids and ugrading him to M.Murphy but I don't see Murph being a top 8 mid, whereas Higgins I can def see being a top 6 forward.

Reactions: Steve

Sizza

Aspiring Coach
Apr 25, 2015
I would really like to get both Marchbank and WHE in my side. The only way I can see myself doing it is:
Moving Nankervis to Ruck Line then...
Sandi to WHE
Hibberd to Marchbank

Bold I know, however I need to weigh up the benefits of having two good high priced cash cows at the cost of losing Sandi.

Thoughts?

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
I would really like to get both Marchbank and WHE in my side. The only way I can see myself doing it is:
Moving Nankervis to Ruck Line then...
Sandi to WHE
Hibberd to Marchbank

Bold I know, however I need to weigh up the benefits of having two good high priced cash cows at the cost of losing Sandi.

Thoughts?

Keep the faith with Sandi, he's playing the dogs this weekend and will more than likely go bananas and score a 120+
Marchbank is a jet but it's not worth ripping your team structure to pieces just to get him in..

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
119k left. Rookies. Team at the moment.
DEF: March, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, J Smith)
MID: Swallow, P-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, H-Smith)
RUC: (Strndeca)
FWD: Eddy, Taranto (Parfitt, Hannan)

I only have 1 of the top 5 Rookie BE which is P-Pepper.
I guess I have to wait until teams drop.
Any trade advice?

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I was lacking cash last week and could afford anyone for Eddy so had to trade Preuss as well to Hannan and Strndeca.

Then Preuss and Eddy were both late recalls.

My current mid/rookies are
Marchbank, ZJones, Hampton, Otten, Stewart
Powell-Pepper, Horklin-Smith, Petrevski-Seton, Barrett, Pickett
Sandi, Witts, Strdeca
Nankervis, Hoskin-Elliot, Steele, Tarranto, Hannan and Parfitt

Only trade is Picket out for either Houston

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I was lacking cash last week and could afford anyone for Eddy so had to trade Preuss as well to Hannan and Strndeca.

Then Preuss and Eddy were both late recalls.

My current mid/rookies are
Marchbank, ZJones, Hampton, Otten, Stewart
Powell-Pepper, Horklin-Smith, Petrevski-Seton, Barrett, Pickett
Sandi, Witts, Strdeca
Nankervis, Hoskin-Elliot, Steele, Tarranto, Hannan and Parfitt

Only trade is Picket out for either Houston
OMG, that is shocking luck.

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
It's really upsetting after a big preseason that my main worry is Hanners.....
Had him locked for so long.
Loved that he was a pod.
Hanners........really????????

Reactions: Tandy

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
It's really upsetting after a big preseason that my main worry is Hanners.....
Had him locked for so long.
Loved that he was a pod.
Hanners........really????????
there have been rumours going around for a while that the club wasnt happy with his outside of the club activities

Reactions: Tandy

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
there have been rumours going around for a while that the club wasnt happy with his outside of the club activities
So they forced him to quit alcamahol, and now that's making him angsty?

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Hmmm, could just be a tough prepreason to build them up for another long finals campaign. Tough decision to make with him