Round 3 Discussion

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
A mate told me he heard hammy rather than a knee but said it looked bad and he couldn't walk off the ground unassisted. This is completely anecdotal as I'm a wedding in Warrnambool so didn't see it ...

Gawn to Dusty via DPP next week anyone?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
How bad did it look? I have Gawn/Sand/Witts so I'm fine even if it's a month. But Preuss is mighty tempting....
Well, yeah, I have Witts R3 so I'll be fine if Gawn is out for a couple ... it's just ... if he is out for a while should I take the opportunity of him bring out to trade in a boom midfielder.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I missed the Pies v Swans game and I'd love a bit of feedback for future trades:
Hanners scored OK ... is he back?
Parker ... had an interrupted preseason so I was hoping for a slow start to the year for him and then looking at him as an upgrade target, so how did he look?
Newman, looks like a must have based on this weeks score, right?
Hayward, Fox ... looks like they both went OK.
Did anything else catch the eye?
A lot of chatter about Macca coming back though the 2s and maybe playing only a handful of games in the 1s if at all this year.
Newman may be a handy pick up for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Well, yeah, I have Witts R3 so I'll be fine if Gawn is out for a couple ... it's just ... if he is out for a while should I take the opportunity of him bring out to trade in a boom midfielder.
Don't limit your thinking ... scoring vs. bucks vs. a combo - you need to think what's best for your team.

Reactions: cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Hanners to Higgins (instead of Murphy)... No regrets but week 1 didnt go well.

Gawn. Jesus. Witts in I guess.

Have left so many points on the bench so far this year. Missed Hannan round 1, Eddy round 2, Parfitt and Barrett round 3. And of course have managed to get all their 30s on field. 2120 this week so not a total disaster all things considered. Need to work at getting rookies off field asap.

Reactions: Dino and cactus

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Bad game all round for the kangas. Hopefully we see some of the form they displayed against the cats this coming Friday.

Stewart and Taranto really killed me getting a really good score. 2223 isn't to be sneezed at but 2300 looks so much better. It's a flip of the coin with the rooks. Seem to be taking it in turns as to who scores well.

At least they are starting to produce some decent scores that will stay in their cycle for a of weeks.

Reactions: Steve and Benj

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I got Higgins as well this week. Again no regrets, yet....

I did suggest Murphy :p

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I got Higgins as well this week. Again no regrets, yet....

I did suggest Murphy :p
Haha I know @TomCat went with Murphy so she will be stoked. I had FBDs words from last weeks pod ringing in my ears when looking at Murph. Often starts with a big 100 or two and then goes 80, 60, 50, injured after that. Clearly Higgins is a much more reliable pick than that o_O

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
I had a mare of a week in SC!
2077 - Gawn went down and the SC app played funny buggers and didn't save the E on Sandilands as I tried to loophole Strnadica C for Dangers VC score. (on this note I've had it with the tech glitches this year with SC)
Apart from that, team went well. Happy with Doc again outscoring Laird, Steele had a good game (88) Swallow looked amazing and even Parfitt played a great game (although he is hardly unique).
It's a long way back after missing out on Sandi's 103 but it is what it is...

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
FFS after trading Preuss and Eddy before last round, i traded Parfit before R3

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
My question is, who did you bring in??
Hannan and Strnadicaas i didnt have enough cash to go Eddy to Hannan. Then went Pickett and Parfitt to Butler and Houston

Thinking about Newman in for ZJones or Stewart