Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
@Steve I am thinking the same. If it takes a few weeks to get a premo M8, I would much rather have Scooter than a 1st year rookie. If things work out as I want, he will be a very handy M9.

@Shinboner I wouldn't let Matera put you off getting Selwood. At least Selwood has a history of averaging 100.
I really want Rockliff in, bit wary of his history obviously. I just figure having a solid M9 as cover for someone like Rocky helps negate the risk a little. Planning on getting that second last mid in round 12, so if that means Scoot plays M8 for 3 or 4 weeks until my bench has made enough cash to get that last mid upgrade then so be it. And if things go pear shaped and trades start running way too low to burn 2 (or even 3) on that last upgrade, then you could do a lot worse than having him fill that last spot.

Pretty sure I've talked myself into it :p

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
@Steve talked me into it too :D

@Bombers56 Keep an eye out for Ryan from Freo. Named as an emergency on the weekend and with the poor performance they dished up, it would surprise to see a couple of changes. Scharenberg is another option.

Reactions: Captain Danger

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
I need two more backs (already have Doc, Laird, Adams, Hibberd). Targets: Roberton next week, maybe Lloyd as my final upgrade.

I also need three more forwards (I already have Macrae, Dahl, and Nank).
Targets: Yeo the week after next ... and bloody hell it is hard to decide on the final two ... maybe Greene and Wallis. Or NRoo. Or Ryder. Still really struggling to think my way through the forward situation ... does anyone else have any clarity or insight?

Roberton is on my list for next week, then just the D6 slot to fill, whom I am still yet to decide. Harbrow maybe?

The forward line is a massive headache. Have had since the start Dahlhaus, Ryder, and Nank. Just need to find some candidates to fill out the remaining 3 slots, maybe Heeney and a couple of others that have been previously mentioned.

Thinking of holding Ryder/Nank for ruck coverage/replacement if a long term injury comes along.

Reactions: cactus

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
@Bombers56 Keep an eye out for Ryan from Freo. Named as an emergency on the weekend and with the poor performance they dished up, it would surprise to see a couple of changes. Scharenberg is another option.[/QUOTE]

Thinking about Scharenberg, never thought about Ryan. I think I will wait until the teams are announced, shame there is another Thursday night game during the byes!

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Like a few others im looking at trading in Scooter this week. Fits well with my byes and what not.

My concern is that Chris Scott uses him as a tagger again. Fine example is this week against the Crows, the Cats need to shut down Sloane if they want to win and who better to do that then Scooter.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Like a few others im looking at trading in Scooter this week. Fits well with my byes and what not.

My concern is that Chris Scott uses him as a tagger again. Fine example is this week against the Crows, the Cats need to shut down Sloane if they want to win and who better to do that then Scooter.
He's only had 17 and 15 disposals in his 2 games so far, and only 5 and 7 of those are contested. So it's not like he's racking them up. He's still playing a defensive role but it's not a hard tag. He's got all his points from 17 tackles each week. It would be naive to think he will have that many tackles every week but 10-12 tackles and 18 touches will still see him score well enough to justify the trade.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
He's only had 17 and 15 disposals in his 2 games so far, and only 5 and 7 of those are contested. So it's not like he's racking them up. He's still playing a defensive role but it's not a hard tag. He's got all his points from 17 tackles each week. It would be naive to think he will have that many tackles every week but 10-12 tackles and 18 touches will still see him score well enough to justify the trade.
It's interesting, you'd think he's more of an 85-90 averaging player which is probably still worthwhile. But with his start he's going to go up in value nicely and if he was to maintain a 100+ average he's a great pick.

I think my plan will be to rotate him and Swallow through M8/M9 over the next 4-6 weeks and then look to move one on and keep the other for an M9.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
The JJK predicament is an iffy one. Gone for the 3 bye weeks, could be a good POD after the byes. My issue is that he, Eddy and SPP are really my only viable M/F trade out options this week to go down to Greenwood. I don't exactly like the idea of trading out a Premo for a rookie, I still feel like Eddy could play a few more games and make some cash and I would prefer to keep SPP for a full time warm body through the byes.

I've reversed my trades about 10 times already so far this week :confused::confused::confused:

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Nope! It is the $64k question!
Well, yeah. Maybe more like the $400 question in my case because I'm out of the hunt for overall but still well in the hunt for my only cash league.

I've been playing it safe this whole time ... being disciplined ... but now, this week, I have to take into the dark.

It will be one of:
Greene
Wallis
Ryder
I reckon. The other two will run against me when I get Yeo and if NRoo looks acceptable when he comes back.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Currently have Sandi and Witts with Nank in the fwds. Dont know whether to trade either of these or hold them for the year[/QUOTE
I feel like sandi is an upgrade if you haven't got any other problems in your team at the time.

Reactions: tabs

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
I sold Trelor @ 540k a few weeks back, should I get him back at 525k this week before he rises again? Does anyone think his form is sustainable?

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
I sold Trelor @ 540k a few weeks back, should I get him back at 525k this week before he rises again? Does anyone think his form is sustainable?
I wouldn't be trading in someone I've already traded out. Waste of a trade, unless you have lots up your sleeve

Reactions: the cranky one

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015

What was your reasoning for getting rid of him the first time?

Is there a chance that he could drop off again?

As a one timee previous owner of Treloar, he will not be returning to my team, as he is now on my shit list

Reactions: doddy2731

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Whats peoples thoughts on Hampton - perryman Barret to Bolton SPP to Sloane then leaves me with 349k to next week newman and marchbank to doc and robertson?