Rookies 2016

currymunchers

Premiership Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
No was said a few weeks ago. Richardson said he wont play AFL this season. They want to get his body before bringing him into the 1's.

Freeman himself said a few days ago that he still wanted to try and play AFL this year. Had 10 touches in the development league on the weekend after being cleared to play. Still a chance I think, but if he debuts it won't be til much later in the season.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
So Hopper... 193.8K make about 30k off Menadue :mad:

Job security is interesting only really Griffen missing & he has played as much half back as midfield, Hopper had touches everywhere but a very distinct midfield heatmap.
Greene and Davis missing also. They are 3 pretty decent inclusions and should step straight back into the 1's. He is obviously a great rookie, but damn pricey and think you have to be cautious especially with those guys to come back in.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Greene and Davis missing also. They are 3 pretty decent inclusions and should step straight back into the 1's. He is obviously a great rookie, but damn pricey and think you have to be cautious especially with those guys to come back in.

Green's a high half forward and Davis a fullback, originally I thought his JS was poor, think Jack Steele last season, but hearing that he would have been playing 2 weeks ago had it not been for a pool accident that leaves me more confident, the other positive in his favour is that he's a bit unique in that midfield bunch in style Ward's the only one i'd liken him too.

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Trengove played really well for Melbourne in the Magoos last week. Hoping he stays there though, at least for now and same applies to Tom Lee but I think he's an even better chance of getting called up after what the Saints served up last week.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Green's a high half forward and Davis a fullback, originally I thought his JS was poor, think Jack Steele last season, but hearing that he would have been playing 2 weeks ago had it not been for a pool accident that leaves me more confident, the other positive in his favour is that he's a bit unique in that midfield bunch in style Ward's the only one i'd liken him too.
All good points you make but still someone has to go out and those 3 will come in. If it was just 1 player to come back in I would be 100% confident of him holding his spot long term, but I am cautious with 3 to come back.

Reactions: Tevez17

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Trengove played really well for Melbourne in the Magoos last week. Hoping he stays there though, at least for now and same applies to Tom Lee but I think he's an even better chance of getting called up after what the Saints served up last week.
Would prefer Lee to wait another week before coming in but if he is back then Lee and MacPherson in for Menadue and Paps.

Dea and Kennedy will top out either next week or the week after. So if Lee plays Walla goes fwd for Menadue and then back the week after

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
So Hopper... 193.8K make about 30k off Menadue :mad:

Job security is interesting only really Griffen missing & he has played as much half back as midfield, Hopper had touches everywhere but a very distinct midfield heatmap.

Lol. Jumped off Menadue when he hit $240k and was grateful to get it after watching him play twice.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
As long as it doesn't come at the expense of Keays' spot in the team it's good news!

Fingers crossed it doesn't, in theory is shouldn't I would expect Keays to continue playing high half forward putting on pressure & Mathieson playing in the guts and then on the pine, watched him play for Geelong's VFL team team last season he is a clearance machine but no tank.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Fingers crossed it doesn't, in theory is shouldn't I would expect Keays to continue playing high half forward putting on pressure & Mathieson playing in the guts and then on the pine, watched him play for Geelong's VFL team team last season he is a clearance machine but no tank.

Dusty MkII??? I'll take that.

Reactions: Prospector

Nato

May 22, 2015
thoughts on Brand this week?
SEN are saying that the Hawks love this kid. Im still not sure about JS in that side though, especially with Spangher in the emergencies this week

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
thoughts on Brand this week?
SEN are saying that the Hawks love this kid. Im still not sure about JS in that side though, especially with Spangher in the emergencies this week
I'm going MacPherson but The Donkey was fairly bullish on Brand on the podcast. Worth a punt if he fits your structures.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I cant get Brand this week as i have too many out and need to trade out Papley and BCrouch.

I might look at Brand next week as i dont think he will go up that much playing against the Swans fwds

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Williams did some nice things on the weekend, but with both Boyd's, Adams and Redpath, due back he may get the flick.

Even at his high price tag, I think Hopper did enough. It will be interesting what the boys have to say on the podcast this week.

Reactions: tiltraise