Rate or Hate 2015 edition

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Just continuing the thread from the old platform because it gives me somewhere to vent over the weekends round instead of to the ears of my long suffering wife.
Rate: Geelong in general and especially with no bartel, Kelly, etc.
Blicavs, Joel one hand Selwood and mighty mitch Duncan.
Hate: Taylor Adams 60 after a ton last week. Although amazed at that return compared to other pies and his poor game, thought he deserved less but will take It.
Seeing Cowan get Injured when you want a good story for guys who don't give up when It would be easy too.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Rate: Betting agencies repeatedly underrating the Cat$.
Hate: Injuries...the world felt for young Cowan when he went down, the SC world also waved goodbye to a 123k downgrade option!

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'll start with the rage!!

Hate: another loss to the Dees.
Rate: the style of play, even though we got slapped around in the first half they looked competitive, and not a bunch a limp celery sticks running around.

Reactions: thejuddernaut

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I'll start with the rage!!

Hate: another loss to the Dees.
Rate: the style of play, even though we got slapped around in the first half they looked competitive, and not a bunch a limp celery sticks running around.

Roo's taught them to defend last year and how to hit targets better and ball use as well. Coming off a low base Doddy, will take time but heading in the right direction.

At least someones club is heading that way on the field.
Our best backman is in his third season and completed his first actual preseason this year, our most promising and consistent mid had played 5 games at the start of the year, We have a contested mark monster in Levi who kicks it worse than James Manson / Travis Cloke and we recruit "key" forwards with 7 years and 77 games experience who couldn't get a game, on form, at a club that finished below us last year, but Mick see's something in him (proves his eyes are going). Throw in Daisy for 700k and giving away Eddie, Garlett, Waite, Robinson - Actually the whole fwd line if you count M'clean and moving Walker back after a fifty goal year.

The Dee's will be allright if they stick to Roo's plan, because it works!
Micks plans are the following:
1.if you have ten years at a club (with unlimited resources) in a 16 team comp your 50/50 to get a flag which he got with pies (the ox is slow but the earth is patient apparently)
2.coach (another well resourced) state side when it wasn't known how generous the concessions would be and the talent pool to draw on and complain about travelling but not about other teams having too not mentioning the one sided crowds due to the tyranny of distance and cost and visiting teams not being used to travelling like your team, then go and beat Geelong in the GF, it was the cool thing to do everyone did it in the 90's, like buying milli vanilli and vanilla ice cd's.
3. if you coach a team and you haven't delivered, keep telling them you need more time on the hugely inflated wages that your probably on and when questioned use the fact you have won 3 flags but dont mention you actually had to coach longer than anyone else in history to do so.

Anyway I have to stop or I will explode.

Im sorry but i had to add this -
In my opinion Mick Malthouse has underachieved as a coach, yes he has three flags but so does Al Clarkson, Ross Lyon no flags but if you had to choose between him and Mick to coach your club?. Is it number of flags that determines greatness or longevity like Mick's hat is hanging on.
I would personally say at this stage, Luke beveridge is a better coach than Mick. What he is getting out of that team at his disposal and the style of play they use tells me he will be a great coach.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yeah second on Bevo, he has been the best thing to happen at the Dogs for sometime, he has those boys playing a great brand of footy and they want to play for the club. I've never been a huge fan of Mick's, and don't know if you agree or not?, but i think he'll be lucky to see the end of the season if it doesn't turn around.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Yeah second on Bevo, he has been the best thing to happen at the Dogs for sometime, he has those boys playing a great brand of footy and they want to play for the club. I've never been a huge fan of Mick's, and don't know if you agree or not?, but i think he'll be lucky to see the end of the season if it doesn't turn around.
They wont sack him this year regardless. Loguidice is reputable and honest and said he has it until the end of the year.
Anyway you sack him and the bloke standing in is on a hiding to nothing and say he coaches the last 6 and they think hes the man for the job, if they lose heavily like they have been it makes it very hard to appoint him to the role for next year.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
My name should be Claire Voyant after writing this dissertation this morning before the spectacle that was Carlton vs Brisbane.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
My second eldest was going insane sorry Judders, he is a bloody Lions supporter, he was going of chops i was glad he watched it though!

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I'll try the Tiges.

Just remembering my own lad's excitement about the footy at that kind of age. It was prolly the year Matty Lloyd kicked a 103 goals for the season (that did include finals). Geez he was excited! Was that around about 2002? He was nearly as excited as he is tonight after knocking off Tom Cats in a last minute league here!

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I'll try the Tiges.

Just remembering my own lad's excitement about the footy at that kind of age. It was prolly the year Matty Lloyd kicked a 103 goals for the season (that did include finals). Geez he was excited! Was that around about 2002? He was nearly as excited as he is tonight after knocking off Tom Cats in a last minute league here!

Tell him to get over it. It's not the first time he's beaten me and probably won't be the last. :p

Reactions: Dino and Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Don't worry the wife has that covered, i fell sorry for the buggers when the mile stone birthdays and girlfriends start coming around, ahh hang on no i don't i can't wait!! ha ha ha
More fun than a barrel of monkeys!