Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
Hopefully it gets sorted sooner rather than later..

There is a section at the bottom of the home page for history but it is empty. Shame as I could not remember which leagues I was in last year.

Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Hi all. Glad the footy is almost here and happy to be back for SC.

I don't like the new layout either...... but I also don't like the new AFL one so maybe I'm just getting stodgy.

Nofunatall

May 14, 2015
Howdy guys great to have SC back for what looks like being a super exciting season.

SCC Earlybirds league is open again for the super hyped. We finished just outside the top 30 leagues last year so please anyone who wants to enter your 23 round commitment is expected :)

Code is 814549 for those interested hopefully we can go top 20 at least this season.

Ridin' High signed up!

Reactions: tiltraise

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Welcome back everybody to Supercoach 2018.

It's very early in the piece but Supercoach is a game that just has a habit of grabbing you and taking you by the scruff of the neck, hence I can't help but start putting together the building blocks of my team.

The biggest quandary so far in this early preseason is whether I'm going to start Dangerfield this year.

He got down to as low as 560k last year in round 9 and that was with two scores below 100 (90 in r4 and 65 in r6). He is priced at 33k more this year and with the inclusion of Ablett and his potential to take some points, I'm inclined to start without Danger this year and pick him when he hopefully bottoms out to about 600k.

This would mean I'm leaning towards starting with one of Dusty or Titch as my top mid.

Thoughts on starting without Danger?

Reactions: cactus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine

It's very early in the piece but Supercoach is a game that just has a habit of grabbing you and taking you by the scruff of the neck, hence I can't help but start putting together the building blocks of my team.

The biggest quandary so far in this early preseason is whether I'm going to start Dangerfield this year.

He got down to as low as 560k last year in round 9 and that was with two scores below 100 (90 in r4 and 65 in r6). He is priced at 33k more this year and with the inclusion of Ablett and his potential to take some points, I'm inclined to start without Danger this year and pick him when he hopefully bottoms out to about 600k.

This would mean I'm leaning towards starting with one of Dusty or Titch as my top mid.

I too and i would say most coaches would be having the same question on their mind.
I'll be starting without Danger at this stage, he is pretty excy and with slim pickings down back i see the money down there needing to be spent.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I too and i would say most coaches would be having the same question on their mind.
I'll be starting without Danger at this stage, he is pretty excy and with slim pickings down back i see the money down there needing to be spent.

My thinking too. In the past I’ve been inclined to start a bit lighter down back but I’m not sold on rookies down there at this stage so I’m seriously contemplating picking 4 premos down back this year and maybe going a bit lighter in the midfield with only 3, maybe 4 premos and couple of midprice value picks.

Nofunatall

May 14, 2015

I personally wouldn't start without him. You know (baring injury) he will finish a top 3 mid and those poor scores were due to a cocky he got. I'm not willing to bank on a repeat early in the season and miss those big scores until that possibility occurs.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I personally wouldn't start without him. You know (baring injury) he will finish a top 3 mid and those poor scores were due to a cocky he got. I'm not willing to bank on a repeat early in the season and miss those big scores until that possibility occurs.

No doubt it's a risk. But being priced at 749k, he only needs one sub-100 game to down a fair way in price. As good as he is, I'm worried about the impact Gaz will have on his scores, given how much he demands the ball.

I'm either gonna be one happy man when that happens or be very disappointed that I've used possibly 3 trades to get him in.

Could be make or break.

Reactions: Prospector

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Even when Danger gets down to say 650, it’ll be tricky to find enough cash to bring him in. Plus you’ll have missed his captain scores. If you skip him you’ll need to make sure to use the saved cash wisely I’d reckon.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
This is the same question every year. People start without the top priced player, then need to burn at least 2 trades to get him in when he's had one bad score... But miss out on all the other 130+ scores along the way.

I don't see Dusty carrying on with last year's form. Just a gut feel. Danger a clear number 1 for me... Excuse the possible bias.

As far as starting structures go, I'm struggling to get comfortable at the moment but I would like to go light down forward. All the fwd premos that I've put in so far have made me turn my nose up a little. Plus I really want to take all of Kelly, Oliver, Fyfe and Cripps in the midfield.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
As far as starting structures go, I'm struggling to get comfortable at the moment but I would like to go light down forward. All the fwd premos that I've put in so far have made me turn my nose up a little.

I feel exactly the same about the forward line at the moment. There is no one that I'm overly excited about in that area.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
As far as starting structures go, I'm struggling to get comfortable at the moment but I would like to go light down forward. All the fwd premos that I've put in so far have made me turn my nose up a little.

Same although its the rooks who will determine structure but there looks to be a few options up forward in that regard at this early stage.

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
Not having Captain Danger could be an auto loss. Risk is too big not too have him. dusty usually starts seasons slow, but not danger.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Even though I’ll most probably start Danger, I do acknowledge that the rewards for not starting him are huge if he fails early.

A few seasons ago I was as high as 7th overall in RDT, with a side I’d put together in about 6 minutes. I was doing great simply because I’d left out Ablett and Rocky. They were expensive, popular and both must have got injured I think.

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
7th is ripper! My best was 10th overall in supercoach 2011 when 412000 teams were playing, now there's half that.

Dusty starts slow and Titchell won't get you the monster captain scores. Plus the value in crouch, beams, etc it's quite easy to fit danger in. Plus the amount of rookies this year.
Once you do a danger and X vs x and X you may struggle to find any value in not having him.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
7th is ripper! My best was 10th overall in supercoach 2011 when 412000 teams were playing, now there's half that.

Dusty starts slow and Titchell won't get you the monster captain scores. Plus the value in crouch, beams, etc it's quite easy to fit danger in. Plus the amount of rookies this year.
Once you do a danger and X vs x and X you may struggle to find any value in not having him.
Sorry, I didn’t finish 7th. Slid to 29th in the end. But was 7th around the halfway point of the season.

massarotti8

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 14, 2017
Interested to hear people's thoughts on Luke Parker.

Averaged 111.9 in 2016 and dropped away to a season long average of 99.3

But breaking down his averages pre and post bye is where the interest lies for me.

Averaged 90.1 pre with 2 100+ scores in 10 games and 107 post bye with 9 100+ scores from 12 games.

Parker did have knee surgery in December leading into the 2017 season so think we can forgive him for the slow start.

Couple that with Heeney, JPK and Hanners all having interrupted pre-seasons leading into 2018 and he looks a rock solid pick to me.