Pre Season chat

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Menegola as a forward has got to be close to a lock, even at around 545-550k
Yeo as a defender surely a lock (around 555k)
Midpricer for defence could be Pearce Hanley around 425k probably better options around though
Barlow as a forward, probably better options
Rich as a defender again, don't mind the pick but will be around 500k... Wonder if the addition of Hodge helps, and maybe Zorko keeps the tag off him while he's in the midfield

Reactions: Cromagnon

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I like Menagola and R.Gray first 2 picked in the forward line for me.
Nothing really interests me after that anywhere else.
Going to be some different starting sides.

Reactions: hawker

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Just a quick thought about the above post in regards to Menagola, will the addition of Ablett into the mix effect his output??
I could see them playing similar roles next year.

Reactions: TwentyThree

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Just a quick thought about the above post in regards to Menagola, will the addition of Ablett into the mix effect his output??

He actually only played a few games in the midfield last season, expect the same this year.

Tim Kelly at Geelong will be a lock.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
He actually only played a few games in the midfield last season, expect the same this year.

I don't see Ablett playing huge minutes in the midfield.
The Cats you'd think will be using all of Ablett, Danger and Menagola in the forwardline, Ablett possibly the most.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I don't see Ablett playing huge minutes in the midfield.
The Cats you'd think will be using all of Ablett, Danger and Menagola in the forwardline, Ablett possibly the most.

Depends a lot on that shoulder, if he can't mark over head we won't use him forward that much, I think we'll look to get him into positions where he's the one delivering it into the F50.

Reactions: doddy2731

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015

Yeah, thought about this too, either way he's playing in the middle where the points are or he's got Ablett delivering it to him, don't mind either scenario to be honest

I think he'll be good enough to score well enough to be a top 6 forward, seems fairly safe pick... Definitely not value for money, but a fairly safe pick in my opinion

Reactions: doddy2731

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
If anyone is a Gold subscriber to SC the team picker opens tomorrow.

I made a team to waste some time today :) , obviously a long way to go, I won't be spending much time on it until we actually get some preseason scores and a better idea of what roles people will be playing

upload_2017-12-7_16-49-55.png

Surprised Lobb isn't DPP but atleast it takes a little attention away from him

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I just had a quick look at the RDT picker. 26 mids priced over $700k and a the top 4 $800k+.
Thats out of control, what are the mid prices looking like in SC?

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I just had a quick look at the RDT picker. 26 mids priced over $700k and a the top 4 $800k+.
Thats out of control, what are the mid prices looking like in SC?
Nothing too ridiculous, a bit higher than I expected but only by a couple of thousand per player... The magic number is about 5496 this year

upload_2017-12-8_10-33-4.png
Above, the most expensive mids

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
It's going to be a boring year in the rucks (although we have said that before). Gawn/NN/English looks like being 90% of ruck lines at this stage.

Defence there's some nice choices with no real standouts, so we might see some nice variety.

Midfield also plenty of options as always.

Forward - I hope there's plenty of rookies because I won't be keen to spend money on the premiums. Bleh. No one is locked in at this stage.

Couple of teams I'm most interested in:
- Cats: So many options, I can't see them all scoring. Danger will and probably must-pick for captaincy purposes. At this stage I'm not sure I'll pick any of the others, including Menegola.

- Blues: With Docherty and Gibbs gone, someone has to get the points. Murph, Simpson, Cripps, Kreuz and E.Curnow the only guys left there averaging over 80. There'll be a few jumping in price outside those guys if you can find them.

Reactions: tiltraise

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
West Coast interest me, lots of midfield minutes up for grabs.they had only 2 guys average over 90 in the mid last season a guy like Ah Chee should see a lot of time in there and he's a very good clearance player.

Ciaran Byrne one that should slot back in to Carlton's defense coming back from injury.

Reactions: tiltraise

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
West Coast interest me, lots of midfield minutes up for grabs.they had only 2 guys average over 90 in the mid last season a guy like Ah Chee should see a lot of time in there and he's a very good clearance player.

Ciaran Byrne one that should slot back in to Carlton's defense coming back from injury.

I like the Byrne option, especially with Doch on the sidelines.