Midfield 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Am I crazy for wanting to get rid of Libba and bringing in Hunter, last minute gut feel style????
Look it's not insane because Hunter did finish well last year when he moved to half back, but consider a few things first.

Libba's our number 1 midfielder (in 2014 the best inside mid the competition by the stats) and Hunter is fighting for a couple more minutes in the middle... Hunter is a ball magnet, will probably average about the same or more touches than Libba in 2016 but he'll never match the tackles, clearances and contested possessions.

Liberatore had 10 tackles in his return game, 10!
Hunter would be lucky to average 95-100ish in my opinion, Libba should get back up to 105-110, maybe even more if we're lucky... He's definitely our #1 mid.

John Deere

Mar 11, 2016
Cranbourne
Look it's not insane because Hunter did finish well last year when he moved to half back, but consider a few things first.

Libba's our number 1 midfielder (in 2014 the best inside mid the competition by the stats) and Hunter is fighting for a couple more minutes in the middle... Hunter is a ball magnet, will probably average about the same or more touches than Libba in 2016 but he'll never match the tackles, clearances and contested possessions.

Liberatore had 10 tackles in his return game, 10!
Hunter would be lucky to average 95-100ish in my opinion, Libba should get back up to 105-110, maybe even more if we're lucky... He's definitely our #1 mid.
Cheers, will hold fire most likely

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Happy enough with B Crouch, hopefully more to come from him.
If he'd just started smashing right from the start everyone else would have jumped on before R3, right ... got to find a couple of positives in a slightly sub par start ...

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Took a gamble and started with
Danger, Rocky, Lloyd, Liba, Hunter, BCrouch, Mills, Oliver (Menadue, Hewett,Gresham)

Happy with the scores but am considering Steele and McGovern out, Menadue fwd and then get GAJ and Rookie back

Reactions: thejuddernaut

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Danger, Rocky, Lloyd, Liba, Hunter, BCrouch, Mills, Oliver (Menadue, Hewett,Gresham)

Happy with the scores but am considering Steele and McGovern out, Menadue fwd and then get GAJ and Rookie back

Is that Lloyd - sydney Jake Lloyd? If so im impressed and applaud your obviously big cohone's.
May i ask the reasoning behind the mid setup? Obviously expect them to perform but have you stacked your def and fwds as i only see rocky, danger and libba as being in the top 8 mids so all the other midpricers need upgrading at some stage.
I have never been a midprice buyer but this year with libba and crouch in the mids (disregarding fwd and def cheapies) they were compulsory in a way but last night i looked at a crouch to danger / priddis / other uber prem in the next two weeks rather than missing those points now. Anyway just curious on your plan / thoughts / system.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

Well done on Lloyd, obviously had a cracking NAB but was worried as he was very good preseason 2015.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Well done on Lloyd, obviously had a cracking NAB but was worried as he was very good preseason 2015.
Yeah had him last year and he upped his average to 70. Can see him going 90+ this year so will be a good to upgrade to a prem

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Worried about Fyfe, going to give him another week but if he stinks it up again he will be an early sideways trade

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Is that Lloyd - sydney Jake Lloyd? If so im impressed and applaud your obviously big cohone's.
May i ask the reasoning behind the mid setup? Obviously expect them to perform but have you stacked your def and fwds as i only see rocky, danger and libba as being in the top 8 mids so all the other midpricers need upgrading at some stage.
I have never been a midprice buyer but this year with libba and crouch in the mids (disregarding fwd and def cheapies) they were compulsory in a way but last night i looked at a crouch to danger / priddis / other uber prem in the next two weeks rather than missing those points now. Anyway just curious on your plan / thoughts / system.
Yes Jake Lloyd from the Swans. My man crush, sorry JB jnr you are now my No 2

Nic NAt and Goldy in the rucks.
Shaw, Rich, Lonergan and McGovern in the backs
Hall, Franklin, Barlow and JSteele in the fwds.
Rest are rookies and rookie priced players.

Will be monitoring Lloyd, Hunter, Liba and Crouch along with Hall, Lonergan, JSteele and McGovern.

I think most can make about $150+ by the byes and I will keep/trade each of them depending upon what each player averages.

The reason behind the midpricer mid field was that i thought 4 mid pricers would outscore 2 prems and 2 rookies. The 2 prems i took out were Pendles and GAJ and the rookies were Dunkley and Davis. I went on holidays before the season started and didnt get time to adjust my team as i got home thursday arvo.

With McGovern injured i could trade him out for a rookie and trade JSteele to GAJ this week.

Reactions: cactus

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
I just heard that Toby Greene and Jack Steele are training with the 2's and not the senior group.
What does this mean??
thats not sounding real good for them