Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
He may have been coming back from an injury but he still played the majority of his time in middle.

I would disagree and I'd also say that the role he had (not just where he shows up in a heat map) was not suited to his best football.

Reactions: Prospector

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
I'm happy to take my chances on a rookie to average the same as a guy that has never averaged over 90.

I'm not trying to talk you into the pick, but arookie pick may end up being a better selection in terms of value or structure elsewhere but I doubt that any rookie defenders currently available will average more than Rich.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm not trying to talk you into the pick, but arookie pick may end up being a better selection in terms of value or structure elsewhere but I doubt that any rookie defenders currently available will average more than Rich.

He in the last 5-6 years has averaged roughly 82-84. I see him averaging about the same. If i can get my rookies to average 75-80 then happy days. Rich i dont see being a keeper but i'm happy to be made wrong and will get him later if he turns out to be a keeper.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
He in the last 5-6 years has averaged roughly 82-84. I see him averaging about the same. If i can get my rookies to average 75-80 then happy days. Rich i dont see being a keeper but i'm happy to be made wrong and will get him later if he turns out to be a keeper.

By that stage he will be in the mix with any other premium defender so the benefit would be to get him when he's cheaper than he would become if he performs well. Otherwise you may as well look at any fallen premium defender who will bounce back. The likes of Houli and Rance will probably be cheap at some point and they would be quality picks.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
By that stage he will be in the mix with any other premium defender so the benefit would be to get him when he's cheaper than he would become if he performs well. Otherwise you may as well look at any fallen premium defender who will bounce back. The likes of Houli and Rance will probably be cheap at some point and they would be quality picks.

Yep true. So looks like i will be "Poor" again. lol More powerto you if it pays off, but personally can't see it happening FG.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
Yep true. So looks like i will be "Poor" again. lol More powerto you if it pays off, but personally can't see it happening FG.

I have Rich at D3. I think it will work out alright and there is potential for it to be very good if he puts together one of his better seasons.

There may be some lower scores some weeks, given that he is behind some dominant SC scorers in Rockliff, Martin, Hanley, Zorko and Beams (when available), but he can also go big and he's probably the best match-winner at the club (hence being first tagged).

Last edited:
Reactions: doddy2731

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
FG do you have your "Roy" glasses on? You seemed blinded by 3 ceratian colours. lol

Pretty sure everyone would agree that Rockliff, Martin, Zorko, Hanley and Beams are all premiums, wouldn't they?

It is a shame that Hanley hasn't been available as a D/M in the last couple of years as it probably makes him non-viable unless he's ridiculously cheap.

Reactions: TomCat and Brad

feely22

Feb 13, 2016
Josh Dunkley has made the bench for the dogs.

Considering downgrading Oliver to Dunkley to free up 100k. He scored 94 in his 1 NAB appearance but i am guessing his job security is sketchy as with the dogs strong mids.

Anyone have any ideas on his JS?

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Pretty sure everyone would agree that Rockliff, Martin, Zorko, Hanley and Beams are all premiums, wouldn't they?

It is a shame that Hanley hasn't been available as a D/M in the last couple of years as it probably makes him non-viable unless he's ridiculously cheap.
Agree with them being prems but of those guys zorko is the only one consistently on the park and for some reason i seem to think he scores poorly early (ie up to rnd 8 or so) and his prem possie is only from consistent big runs home in the later rounds. Might look it up as last year i am sure it happened again. If the others played, together and often the team has a fair bit more bite.