KFC - BBL

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Our 4 teams were really close for the week. Be interesting to see how everyone trades from here...whether to look at teams with upcoming doubles or generally look to form players. Only 11 hours till lockout!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Our 4 teams were really close for the week. Be interesting to see how everyone trades from here...whether to look at teams with upcoming doubles or generally look to form players. Only 11 hours till lockout!

Yeah good to see, and all teams a little different too.
I've grabbed a couple of Scorchers I think can lite it up, with the inclusion of an old head as well from Strikers.
Dumped Maxy for the week will grab him again after I see what these inclusions do.

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
Maxwell ended up going close enough to Watto so that VC problem evened out. Just damned Sangakarra getting a globe! Should have started Finch. I also toyed with Russell over Kallis for a while last week but was worried Russell batted too low. I completely underestimated his bowling ability. Ranked 4,093. I can never get a good start in this comp.

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
So into trading already ... I'm looking at freeing up cash where possible to be able to slot Russell in next round.

Paris will come in for Wright if named tonight to get that $$ rolling.

R1 reminded me that you really need as many all-rounders as possible so those Bravo/Russell/Maxy types are much better than a straight bat as I found with Sangakarra.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Sorry guys didn't realise there was a league :\, I'm currently ranked 1111 overall (my mate is 360 or so) This is what my team looks like for this round Screenshot_4.png

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Early trades look like Sandhu / Watto / Wright out for Klinger / Hogg / Fekete. Feel a bit light-on for all-rounders there but those Scorchers guys are consistent and have no more byes, whilst Fekete is cheap, scored 40 and has doubles on the way. I've got 4 Stars on the bench - KP, Stoinis, Faulkner and Hastings. Got Willey as C for now, but will see where he's selected to bat. Can we VC loophole here?

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
I was just thinking that you probably can't as your fellas on the sideline don't score, so you would be getting a doughnut on field just for a few extra points.

If you have your bench full of bye players then no loop-hole opportunity. Because I went one less double last round (which cost me badly as it turned out) I have one surplus bowler who can come on but I have to run the VC on Willey of the Scorchers tonight.

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
I'm looking at Bravo/Lynn/Paris in for Kallis/KP/Wright

Anyone know if Paris will def play?

Maxwell, Stoinis & Watto benched. I am going to risk starting Dunk over the popular Haddin. Being one of the few I assume who took this approach I may as well try to get a POD out of it on field. Unless I chicken out tomorrow of course.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I like starting Dunk over Haddin there Hondo. Wasn't Dunk player of the tourney a couple of seasons ago? Has played T20 internationals too. I banked on Paris playing by selecting him last week...no Behrendorff and there's even been talk that Paris is a smoky to make a short-form international debut this summer. I'd be shocked if he didn't play. Bravo & Lynn both on my radar too, good trades all-round I reckon.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Tough captain call. Willey to play in the middle order according to DT Live, so I'm thinking Finch might be my best bet...could totally backfire if he fails tho. Might get scared and take a bowler (Hogg?) instead?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
If you have your bench full of bye players then no loop-hole opportunity. Because I went one less double last round (which cost me badly as it turned out) I have one surplus bowler who can come on but I have to run the VC on Willey of the Scorchers tonight.

So i've got the VC on Ross, if he does well i can bring Watto on. So does that mean i get bench points for Maddinson if i put him on the side?