Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
My latest team...

Watto (C), KP, Stoinis, Lumb, Maddinson (Willey, Finch).
Haddin (Peirson)
Hastings, Faulkner, Sandhu, Bird, Abbott (O'Keefe, Paris)

All my starting players on doubles. Gotta be careful to ensure I've got enough trades / bench players to have a full team the next week, but I think I've got it straight.

I've got the same bats but Stoinis down in the bowlers.

Different bowlers and all-rounders.

I'm fitting in Dunk as my second keeper. I know it seems wasteful but funds seem to allow it and he's cheap. You never know when Haddin may be a late withdrawal or miss and then I've got Dunk on tap as needed.

I'm going to start Sangakarra so running one less opening doubles player. Current team:

Kallis, Sangakarra, Pietersen, Lumb, Maddinson (Willey, Finch)
Haddin (Dunk)
Watson, Maxwell, Bird, Wright, Stoinis (Mennie, Steketee)

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah but I don't think he'll miss - they do have a round 2 bye.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I've got the same bats but Stoinis down in the bowlers.

Different bowlers and all-rounders.

I'm fitting in Dunk as my second keeper. I know it seems wasteful but funds seem to allow it and he's cheap. You never know when Haddin may be a late withdrawal or miss and then I've got Dunk on tap as needed.

I'm going to start Sangakarra so running one less opening doubles player. Current team:

Kallis, Sangakarra, Pietersen, Lumb, Maddinson (Willey, Finch)
Haddin (Dunk)
Watson, Maxwell, Bird, Wright, Stoinis (Mennie, Steketee)
Interesting how you've used batting all-rounders in your bowling line-up. I especially like Wright and still might try squeeze him in. Dunk is a jet. No idea how my team will go!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Well only 30mins from the first ball i got 7 in this first game, so it's either going to set me up or a total flop! Watto is El Capitano!

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Watto captain here too. Steve O'Keefe not named, I've swapped him out for Luke Wright. Looking forward to it getting started!

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I have 3 sixers. I loaded up with 5 Melb Stars. In my wisdom, i took out Mr Cricket 10mins before the start of the game. Watson helping me get a decent sort of score.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I didn't grab Hussey but i will after their bye, same with the Stars, my plan with the 6's didn't start so well but they still have one more this round so fingers crossed.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah i heard that Hussey was going to bat more in the middle order...Watto opening...neither happened. Lucky the big fella snagged a coupla wickets late. Glad to see the Thunder finally get one over the Sixers.

Reactions: doddy2731

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
Yeah i heard that Hussey was going to bat more in the middle order...Watto opening...neither happened. Lucky the big fella snagged a coupla wickets late. Glad to see the Thunder finally get one over the Sixers.

Kahwaja is back next game and Huss will probably end up in that middle order spot.

BB Fantasy is like this - you don't have Huss and he fires up. You (I :) ) have Huss and he stinks it up. I remember a double late last season I brought him in for and he got about 10 over two games.

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
I got cute and put the VC on Watto. If I bring Willey on field as my C and my bench becomes Sangakarra and Finch and I would get the lowest score of the two. No longer do we have set emergencies.

Is 76 enough to risk it or is Sangakarra v Finch so line ball I may as well lock Watto in?

Alternatives are KP and Maxwell for C.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Thanks Doddy. Double header today should be great. I'm on 444 so far, with all my players going around again today. Finch was great but on my bench. Cam White looked good and is cheap.

Round 1 finishes after the game tonight, with less than 24 hours to trade ahead of round 2! I'll probably look at a couple of Heat players ahead of their round 3 double - Simmons, Lynn, Badree. Already have Peirson as my backup keeper, stoked to see him open last night.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yeah White looked really good, the only reason i didn't select him was the bye in round 3, but if he keeps batting that well round 4 Double here i come then all clear from there with no more byes. Lucky enough to have Finch on but Ross on the sidelines, Hopes also on the sidelines, but i have him mainly for cover when i need it. I have 9 today going around again.
Major disappointment was Bird, Haddin, and Maddinson but hope they turn it around today.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Myself i'll be looking at Scorchers, their bye is out of the way, not to sure who as yet but a couple of bowlers maybe on the cards.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Myself i'll be looking at Scorchers, their bye is out of the way, not to sure who as yet but a couple of bowlers maybe on the cards.
I've already got Willey and Paris from Perth. Klinger and Hogg are still guns and so is Behrendorff (if he can get fit).

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
This is my main question i must way up this round.

tumblr_m6ngb3Tx1B1rtscnmo1_500.gif