Forwards 2016

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
I don't think he's being asked to tackle at the moment, had a crook shoulder for 3 weeks and his tackle numbers are down for 3 weeks (4.2ave vs 2ave).
The bye can't come soon enough.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm baffled by this Hall hate especially when then talking up Kerridge who's averaging less, scored less overall despite playing one more game and shown a lower ceiling, I understand Hall is underperforming at the moment but the reasons why are clear and imo are temporary.

I think the fact that he now has a BE of 138 has a lot to do with it.
First 4 rounds 129, 124, 134, 114 then starts stinking it up in his last six with 90, 76, 95, 84, 68, 52.
He stands to lose another $18k (roughly) which will make him less than what he started so there is plenty to complain about.
He plays for the GC that will most likely nurse him during the season if he starts struggling with injury as there is no point risking him.
So I'd prefer to have a player that's fit and playing for a team that is going to either play finals or be striving to.

As for Kerridge I paid next to nothing for him and if Carlton stays in the kind of form they are for a while he will be great bench cover.
He has a good roll within the team and injury free, will not be nursed and plays on the ball.
Kerridge since R5 has averaged 89 even if you take R9 out which is the game Hall missed he is still averaging 87 (also for the season)
One of the key stats is one we most look at when trading and that's the 3 round average.
Kerridge 99, Hall 68

Below is a breakdown of Hall (thanks to SCS)
Round 1-4

SC Avg: 125.25...
HS: 134
100's: 4
LS: 114
Avg disposals: 33.5
Avg goals: 1
Avg tackles: 4.5
Top 2 centre bounce attendance at club

Round 5-11

SC Avg: 77.5
HS: 95
100's: 0
LS: 52
Avg disposals: 25.3
Avg goals: 0.5
Avg tackles: 3

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Agreed Doddy. I traded Hall out 3 weeks ago (and was roundly criticised for it) and am very happy with my decision, especially when you consider Bont's form on the weekend. He has a suspect shoulder, is in poor form for 2 months now and is not a proven premium. If you question the premium status consider this - he has scored 10 tons in his 71 game career and has not scored more than 4 tons in a single season to date. Also the concerns about his poor form being because of the Suns form, I'm a Suns fan but I can't see them turning things around much this season and I think they only have 4 winnable games left this season. So if you're waiting for the Suns to start winning again, you may be sorely disappointed.

As for Kerridge, I'm tossing up whether to keep him or Lyons as my M/F keeper for the F6/7 position. One of them will need to go in the next couple of weeks before their round 13 bye, and it's a tough decision which one.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I traded Hall out 3 weeks ago (and was roundly criticised for it) and am very happy with my decision, especially when you consider Bont's form on the weekend. He has a suspect shoulder, is in poor form for 2 months now and is not a proven premium.
Very bold play. Well done.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I think the fact that he now has a BE of 138 has a lot to do with it.
First 4 rounds 129, 124, 134, 114 then starts stinking it up in his last six with 90, 76, 95, 84, 68, 52.
He stands to lose another $18k (roughly) which will make him less than what he started so there is plenty to complain about.
He plays for the GC that will most likely nurse him during the season if he starts struggling with injury as there is no point risking him.
So I'd prefer to have a player that's fit and playing for a team that is going to either play finals or be striving to.

As for Kerridge I paid next to nothing for him and if Carlton stays in the kind of form they are for a while he will be great bench cover.
He has a good roll within the team and injury free, will not be nursed and plays on the ball.
Kerridge since R5 has averaged 89 even if you take R9 out which is the game Hall missed he is still averaging 87 (also for the season)
One of the key stats is one we most look at when trading and that's the 3 round average.
Kerridge 99, Hall 68

Below is a breakdown of Hall (thanks to SCS)
Round 1-4

SC Avg: 125.25...
HS: 134
100's: 4
LS: 114
Avg disposals: 33.5
Avg goals: 1
Avg tackles: 4.5
Top 2 centre bounce attendance at club

Round 5-11

SC Avg: 77.5
HS: 95
100's: 0
LS: 52
Avg disposals: 25.3
Avg goals: 0.5
Avg tackles: 3

Outstanding stuff mate, must admit when I selected him I was banking on the Suns pushing finals & that is probably the most important thing I've over looked in in my decision/thought process to keep him.

Reactions: Prospector

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I considered trading Hall a couple of weeks ago but decided against it. Now am debating on whether to keep him for 1 more week and trade before his bye or bye bye this week

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I'm strongly considering getting in Scott Lycett as F6/R3 for the run home in round 15 or 16
.. With NicNat out for possibly the rest of the home and away season, Scott Lycett will move into the #1 ruck spot at the Weagles. The good thing about it is his BE is currently 162 and priced at $446k we can take a couple weeks to assess how he will go at that spot. He's had 5 +100 scores even with Nic Nat in the side so far this year. In a few weeks I will possibly only need about $120k to go Cox to Lycett, keep the R3 link with Grimley and provide backup for Gawn and Goldy for the run home. I'm not well schooled on the Eagles list, will Lycett be the sole ruckman, is there another backup ruck in waiting to move into Lycetts role or will they use say a Jack Darling to pinch hit??

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
I'm strongly considering getting in Scott Lycett as F6/R3 for the run home in round 15 or 16
.. With NicNat out for possibly the rest of the home and away season, Scott Lycett will move into the #1 ruck spot at the Weagles. The good thing about it is his BE is currently 162 and priced at $446k we can take a couple weeks to assess how he will go at that spot. He's had 5 +100 scores even with Nic Nat in the side so far this year. In a few weeks I will possibly only need about $120k to go Cox to Lycett, keep the R3 link with Grimley and provide backup for Gawn and Goldy for the run home. I'm not well schooled on the Eagles list, will Lycett be the sole ruckman, is there another backup ruck in waiting to move into Lycetts role or will they use say a Jack Darling to pinch hit??

NicNat was only playing 3/4 of a game as Weagles would rest him extensively in qtr 4 once result was decided, so Lycetts scores would be better playing more time on ball, I think Priddis will suffer without the silver service which is a double whammy for a lot of coaches that had both, like myself

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
NicNat was only playing 3/4 of a game as Weagles would rest him extensively in qtr 4 once result was decided, so Lycetts scores would be better playing more time on ball, I think Priddis will suffer without the silver service which is a double whammy for a lot of coaches that had both, like myself

Priddis is an under the packs player so could argue the loss of the silver service meaning 50/50 balls up for grabs will suit him more.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
For the Menzel owners if he doesn't get up this week do you trade out?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Blast from the past, Jonathon Giles, is on the Eagles list. I dare say he will be getting a run.

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
Really like the Lycett pick too!
Think I will jump on board after his bye for around ~$415k. As No.1 ruck, Lycett could definitely average 100, which would make him a top 6-8 fwd. Even a 95 is pretty amazing for a F/R due to the ability to provide cover.
Giles might play some games, but I don't really think he's the answer to help WCE overcome this dilemma. Dons were playing McKernan over Giles last season! I think Giles is more a last resort if Lycett gets injured rather than the first choice replacement.
Hoping the Lycett + McGovern pinch hit combo is the path they take. That's the combination they used in R19 last season against the hawks.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I think look for them to play a second undersized ruck in his spot - McInnes or Barrass most likely. McGovern might get a look in as 2nd ruck too, tho i don't think Simpson is as keen on that as McGovern is himself.

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
Yep. Change of plans re: Lycett. Not going to bring him in even if he's back in R15.