Defenders 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Just got someone to check his Gametime for me, 100%, 100% and 92%... Two 140+ scores and a 90, I want 95-100 average. I can see him doing that this year

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Well Shaw is at it again, I'm happy to say that he has kicked my arse and told me to select him now.
He maybe full price but he has shown that he is the safest pick down there.
Rich has also making a case for my backline as much as that hurts to say.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I am having the same thoughts Doddy. You just know what you are getting with Shaw. Safe and reliable. Rich has peaked my interest after todays game. At his price, may be worth the risk.

Reactions: doddy2731

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Ok so that's 3 decent showings in a row from Dea. I'm still not convinced he's a regular starter and the whole way through the NAB, I've just figured he was playing the role that someone else would play when they had their full 22 in, say a Kelly or Cooney or even one of their kids. But for 3 weeks he's come out, played the same role and scored consistently well. I know the general rule to stick to with Essendon this year is "rookies only" but I'd gladly pay the extra for Dea if I knew he would play most weeks and average 80. Especially since Brown has had a couple of shockers back to back. Might be a question for the guys on the podcast this week.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Ok so that's 3 decent showings in a row from Dea. I'm still not convinced he's a regular starter and the whole way through the NAB, I've just figured he was playing the role that someone else would play when they had their full 22 in, say a Kelly or Cooney or even one of their kids. But for 3 weeks he's come out, played the same role and scored consistently well. I know the general rule to stick to with Essendon this year is "rookies only" but I'd gladly pay the extra for Dea if I knew he would play most weeks and average 80. Especially since Brown has had a couple of shockers back to back. Might be a question for the guys on the podcast this week.

Yeah Brown is not looking great at all of late. This last week has thrown a few curve balls down there. This of all lines i think may make or break us.

Reactions: M4TT B8S and Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yeah Brown is not looking great at all of late. This last week has thrown a few curve balls down there. This of all lines i think may make or break us.
It's always the trickiest line imo. This year even more so. Having someone like Dea at D5 for example just lessens the impact of having to play the likes of Brown, Hartley, Broad, etc as there's no guarantees on any of them. The forward rookies look at lot more reliable. Rather than have 5 rookies spread between backs and forwards like I would most years, I'm happy to go with 1 back and 4 forward this year. Lockouts getting closer. Probably a good thing!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm actually thinking of not having anybof the Dons rookies down back. Tonight we saw what most weeks will happen and it's not pretty. If you can afford to have a slow burner on on the bench that ok but I wouldn't be expecting any to make coin quickly.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'm actually thinking of not having anybof the Dons rookies down back. Tonight we saw what most weeks will happen and it's not pretty. If you can afford to have a slow burner on on the bench that ok but I wouldn't be expecting any to make coin quickly.

Job Security is my worry with all these blokes, Adams & Collins at the Bullies prime examples, both have done enough to play R1 but potentially neither will.

Ltv

Feb 22, 2016
Currently taking a look at Tom Langdon, could be an interesting pick, has the potential to lift his average to 90+. Anyone else have any thoughts on him?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Currently taking a look at Tom Langdon, could be an interesting pick, has the potential to lift his average to 90+. Anyone else have any thoughts on him?

I'm no expert but it would be a quick No for me, he'll have a few big games when he strings a few intercept marks and contested possessions together but wont do it regulaly enough

Reactions: M4TT B8S

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Good NAB, role and fixture. A POD for sure, but not a bad one. If that's your one risk, it's a good one to punt on.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
The guys were very bullish on Rich on the podcast. He's been in and out of my side but Ive had him before and remember how goddamn frustrating he can be. Lonergan has filled his spot at D4 but he is by no means locked.

Reactions: cactus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
The guys were very bullish on Rich on the podcast. He's been in and out of my side but Ive had him before and remember how goddamn frustrating he can be. Lonergan has filled his spot at D4 but he is by no means locked.

The more i think about Rich the more i think about last season.
I really see the same outcome it seems very familiar circumstances.