Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yeah, he's 488K. I don't want to keep telling her what to do, but will tell to keep her eyes and mind open.
Cheers.
Its not a terrible pick, very unique too. I dont think he will have a bad year but cant see him being top 10.

I try not to tell people "Dont pick this person"... if they smash it and theyve taken this person out because youve said so then youll never hear the end of it. I try to give enough pros and cons to steer them in a certain direction. Last year my brother was adamant he wanted Eddie Betts in after a couple of 100s in a row. I tried to talk him out of it but he did it anyway, and regretted it for the rest of the year! But if it had gone the other way and he missed a killer POD because I said not to...Id rather not have to have that conversation with someone ;)

ksghendo

May 8, 2015
Adelaide
Totally agree with ya Steve. It is 1 reason why I hardly visit certain sites, or that I don't give much input to any questions. I personally hate telling someone what to do regarding their own team. I can give advise, but always mention...it is my opinion and you can do what you feel is right.

Thanx Steve...I know where ur coming from.

Reactions: Steve

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Ohh geez, I just took Heath Shaw out for Sheridan (trying to fit him in) and I love being able to use the money in the fwd line (either Greene or Merrett). Surely Shaw will drop to under 500K and we can get him through the season.

clint Stott

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 6, 2016
Ohh geez, I just took Heath Shaw out for Sheridan (trying to fit him in) and I love being able to use the money in the fwd line (either Greene or Merrett). Surely Shaw will drop to under 500K and we can get him through the season.
risky I think, i think this year its either the fwd or def line that one will have to be a bit weaker.. and be the prime target for upgrades.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Its not a terrible pick, very unique too. I dont think he will have a bad year but cant see him being top 10.

I try not to tell people "Dont pick this person"... if they smash it and theyve taken this person out because youve said so then youll never hear the end of it. I try to give enough pros and cons to steer them in a certain direction. Last year my brother was adamant he wanted Eddie Betts in after a couple of 100s in a row. I tried to talk him out of it but he did it anyway, and regretted it for the rest of the year! But if it had gone the other way and he missed a killer POD because I said not to...Id rather not have to have that conversation with someone ;)
What would you tell the 0.16% of coaches who've selected Liam Jones??

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Johannisen currently playing his way into my side. Running rings around those black and white witches hats.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Apparently flu has gone through the Pies side, makes it hard to assess. Williams has done zero so a switch to Johanissen was something I was already considering and looking like the way to go at present.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
JJ is a really uncontested player and may suffer when more pressure comes through the season. We've wanted to move him up the ground a bit more to take full advantage of his pace, I wouldn't consider him if he wasn't wearing Red, White and Blue... Out of curiosity I'd like to check his SC scores last year at Etihad compared to everywhere else, got a feeling he'll have most of his good scores there, I'll check on Monday when I get back home... Probably find there's no difference at all though

Reactions: Lowrider

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
JJ is a really uncontested player and may suffer when more pressure comes through the season. We've wanted to move him up the ground a bit more to take full advantage of his pace, I wouldn't consider him if he wasn't wearing Red, White and Blue... Out of curiosity I'd like to check his SC scores last year at Etihad compared to everywhere else, got a feeling he'll have most of his good scores there, I'll check on Monday when I get back home... Probably find there's no difference at all though
You're spot-on. His 2015 scores are:

Eithad: 103 102 78 69 101 62 89 97 100 105 82

Everywhere else: 62 70 48 82 62 62 58 53 54

Also remember the Dogs were far better at Etihad than everywhere else. Plenty to think about and great insights there from someone who's seen him more than most of us.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I think a 90 average is probably JJ's ceiling, closer to 80 more realistic. Just doesn't seem to have those big 130's or 140's in him to balance out the low scores

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I think a 90 average is probably JJ's ceiling, closer to 80 more realistic. Just doesn't seem to have those big 130's or 140's in him to balance out the low scores
Add 10-15 because of the colours he's wearing though ;)

Reactions: J-Dog

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I definitely agree though, everything is uncontested with him and quite a few handballs, if he got into the habit of using his boot a bit more then I could see him getting up to low 90s, but not really any higher, don't think he'll ever really get contested possessions

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Wow. According to Fanfooty Gibbo played 100% game time, the average game time is 82% this year, if Josh Gibson plays 1/4 more time on field than the average defender then I'm bloody happy to pick him, wasn't on the bandwagon before tonight. Watching him yes, But had never entered my side, wasn't taking his stats from his other NABs too seriously.

Not sure his Gametime in the first two NABs, I'll check it on Monday... Your thoughts people?

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Wow. According to Fanfooty Gibbo played 100% game time, the average game time is 82% this year, if Josh Gibson plays 1/4 more time on field than the average defender then I'm bloody happy to pick him, wasn't on the bandwagon before tonight. Watching him yes, But had never entered my side, wasn't taking his stats from his other NABs too seriously.

Not sure his Gametime in the first two NABs, I'll check it on Monday... Your thoughts people?
He sucked me in last year with a 150 in a NAB game. He was...serviceable. Frustrating at times but never thought about trading him out. He's good for a 90 average and should play almost every game.