And the Carnage continues......

Bensl

May 7, 2015
Playing my 1st year in RDT and enjoy getting back to a complete lockout, rather than this rolling lockout garbage. Everyone is on a level playing field at the start of the round, rather than rewarding players that have time to move players at the last minute.

i agree with his 100%. this will likely be my last year unless it reverts back to a Friday lockout. i just don't have the time to monitor every game over the weekend.

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Steve
Well, you definitely have my sympathy. Like you, it is hard to know what I could have done differently - apart from the obvious misjudgements: BSmith, Jelwood, Lewis. So many trades have been forced to avoid donuts that I haven't been able to follow any coherent strategy: can't maximize rookies, can't avoid sideways trades, can't add premiums easily.

Hopefully, your team is doing better than mine. I'm at about 26,000 rank with only 1 trade left and Gaz on my bench. As I have plenty of bench cover I am not going to trade out Gaz unless I have to, ie to avoid a donut, or until the last couple of rounds.
It means my ranking will slowly slide south. As I said. Not my year.

Don't like the idea of more trades. Like the idea of no subs. Like the idea of no rolling lock-out - you makes your choices and you takes your chances.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
i agree with his 100%. this will likely be my last year unless it reverts back to a Friday lockout. i just don't have the time to monitor every game over the weekend.

You can set up notifications on your phone so you get the subs and late outs around an hour before each game.

I reckon much like the AFL itself just leave things alone.

Trussing meat

May 17, 2015
There's talk about getting rid of the sub rule all together before next season. So this may not even matter.

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015

I agree with this sentiment. I'm someone who does have the time to monitor games, get alters and make changes. The weekends where I'm away/can't or simply have other prioities I do feel as though I'm not on an even playing field or behind the 8 ball.

I'd like to see it go back to Friday lock out, 20-22 trades, and no captain loophole. This would reward players who have a superior starting team, make trades more meaningful, and appeal to the casual fan and not the supercoach nerds like many of us here.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Don't get wrong i love SC as much as the next person, but it really needs to go back to a total lock out.
Just as Unforgiven stated some of us just can't be on alert all weekend.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
oh well, atleast you guys didn't trade in Devon Smith in round 9...

1 score over what he was averaging when I got him, and now he's injured. Thanks Devon

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Word is Beams is done for the year. This year just keeps giving.
No doubt another player the feel my SC Curse this year.
Over here in the West it was suggested on a local station last week Fyfe would miss the game possibly two but he played. Think he will only miss one as they have the Derby with the Eagles the week after.
I am going to pen a short timeline of my trades, mistakes and successful moves made by my team "The Juddernauts" while on holiday this week and going to post it somewhere here when i come back.
At least writing this down will be cathartic and with a mojito in hand probably will be more enjoyable than worrying who is flogging Carlton next week.

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Word is a shoulder, not sure how bad at this stage.
My midfield now in disarray, with Beams, Ollie gone, Ablett gone, and Fyfe with a BIG ? over him.