2017 Team Structure

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
3/0/5
5/1/5
2/0/1
3/2/3

At this stage I think I'm going safe option in the Rucks, all the mp options are too risky, Gawn and Grundy seems pretty safe!

I've classed Hoskin-Elliott as a mid price, although all will depend on whether or not he is named R1 in which case he is just a place saver.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Mids shouldn't be too hard, it's not like I can field 8 non-rookies. SPP + whoever pops up round 1. Currently have Barrett, Hibberd, Graham.

Forwards also tricky, but again I think there'll be options and I've left enough money to spend a bit on them. Currently Schoey, JKH, Pickett, Black, Eddy.
I think you can scratch this guy from your starting team. From what I understand he's been injured since he joined the club and is still a way from joining the main group. Plus with the Tiges fixture he's useless as a loophole. Mid season downgrade option only ... and the Tiges are going to be a tough team to crack this year ... what with all the games we're gunna win.

Reactions: bat

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So after being caught up in 'Footys back, Footys back'!! and 'man this dude is gunna break out or damn this fella is rippin it up'!. I gladly got a slap across the face from the beloved SCC community. So while i was sitting under a tree having a fish and sipping a couple of quiet ones i deleted my team and started from scratch.

The structure I'm running with now and actually very happy with, and also still $170k in the skyrocket with no idea where to spend it at this stage.

3/0/5
5/0/5
1/1/1
3/2/3

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Question for everyone on team structure. Where are you planing on storing the player that doesn't play for the captain loophole?

Normally this would be at R3 but with the likes of Preuss, Cameron, Simpson maybe breaking in to the 22 for round 1 are you looking else where for the loophole? and using R3 to cover your rucks?

Reactions: Benj

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Currently i have Preuss @ R3 and Cameron and Strnadica @ F7 and F8

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Question for everyone on team structure. Where are you planing on storing the player that doesn't play for the captain loophole?

Normally this would be at R3 but with the likes of Preuss, Cameron, Simpson maybe breaking in to the 22 for round 1 are you looking else where for the loophole? and using R3 to cover your rucks?

M11 for me. Seems a better option this year than R3 for two reasons:

1.There seem to be a couple of genuine Ruck Rookies this year
2.Mid Rookies look to be hard to find so I don't feel like I'm leaving anyone out by sacrificing M11 for a loophole player.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015

2.Mid Rookies look to be hard to find so I don't feel like I'm leaving anyone out by sacrificing M11 for a loophole player.
hmm a couple of people have said this.
I find it interesting as mid rookies generally generate more cash and they do it in less rounds even though there arent as many going around atm

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016

I'm leaning towards a loophole M/F at M11 just in case so you can swing with a Miles or Pickett DPP type at F8 just in case you get in trouble.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
hmm a couple of people have said this.
I find it interesting as mid rookies generally generate more cash and they do it in less rounds even though there arent as many going around atm

I agree, the mids usually earn us cash quickest. Last year we had the likes of Parish, Hopper, Oliver, Menegola, Blakely, Mathieson etc.
But so far this year to my mind we've only got Powell-Pepper as a lock with Barrett, Wigg, and Brodie as possibles. Lloyd played well in JLT 1 but was on the outer against the Swans and will struggle to make the team, Mitch Hibberd looks a solid pick but people may prefer him in the backline. The best cash cows seem to be in the fwd and back lines which is why I'd rather load up there and free up M11 for the cheap mid/fwd loophole player.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
It was a 6 week injury wasn't it? So should be right to come approx rd 3.
I won't be getting him in until he's put 2 games together. Trust me on this one, he's every chance to manage picking up some obscure injury that no AFL player has has done before 5 minutes into his first game. The bloke is cursed

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
If M11 is used as the loophole and is required on the field as VC has scored well, then you will get the emergency score

Most teams are loading up on prems in mids with rookies only on the bench. Which means to play a non playing mid, you will have to bench a player who hasnt played yet in your mids.

So if Dangerfield plays on Sunday and 7 mids have already played, you will have to bench danger to get the loop hole and then get the score of your emergency in your mids

This is why i dont think it is wise to load up on mid prems and use M11 as the loophole!!

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Was just thinking.... we probably be shouldn't be that scared of having a R9 bye player per line. We can use them to loophole the bench players that round, which raises the scoring floor.

Reactions: cactus

Browny

Mar 9, 2017
Today's version is:
3-0-5
5-1-5
0-1-2
3-2-3
Sandilands and Witts in the ruck with Nankervis at f5. Other two midpricers are Beams at m6 and Roughead at f4. All premos are safe picks, pretty much guaranteed to be top 6 forward/defender and top 10 midfielders, my real risk is the Witts at R2 but I'm just not super confident with any of the big dog ruckman holding their value, especially when the magic number drops down from 5440.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Keen for thoughts on running without a "C" loophole bench player?

Eg, If you ran with Witts at R3 for money making and Sandi Cover instead of the Strnadica and Nank combo, is a non-playing loophole at M11 instead worthwhile or not?

It is clearly more complicated to implement the loophole from M11. The risk of a late withdrawal is four times higher in your mids than in your rucks which could see you having to stick with your on-field "C" even if your "VC" went big.

The alternative is having all your bench positions filled by scoring players who are making money.

Is it such a bad thing to just stick your "C" on Danger or Fyfe for the first handful of rounds and just live without a loophole? Someone will no doubt miss games at some point opening up the loophole again anyway?

Really torn on this as it will dramatically change the structure of my team. I totally get the implications of the M11/R3 loophole, I'm just keen for peoples opinions on how they would rate the choices.

I guess the options are:

1. R3 Loophole Player with Nank Fwd
2. M11 Loophole Player with Witts at R3
3. No Loophole at all with all bench players scoring.